[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Rock_band_cover.jpg (38 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
Rock_band_cover.jpg
38 KB, 256x320
What went wrong?
>>
nothing
>>
dadrock
>>
>>322096213

yeah there should be more epic stuff like metal
>>
Shit got boring

Same old songs, same old gameplay

and when they changed it up, it changed for the worse

too many licensing issues with songs
>>
File: 1448965307568.png (14 KB, 625x582) Image search: [Google]
1448965307568.png
14 KB, 625x582
>tfw never beat Jordan on expert
>>
>>322095567
Needs more Nickelback, Creed, and Smash Mouth.
>>
>>322095567
Series ran its course. The first three games gradually improved the series but the fourth game was issued too early for nostalgic plays and actually regressed the series in some profound ways (poor drum head sensors, broken guitar firmware on XBONE, no ease of re-download for previous songs, weak song list on disc).
>>
required friends to play
>>
Well, I only played one through 3 and it was already losing steam when 2 was released. Not that many people cared for the genre to begin with, and the niche started abandoning it. Which is natural, I guess.

I wonder if they made much money with dlc. I would have bought a lot more if I wasn't broke at the time, but did they make more on dlc than actual sales?
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 750x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 750x900
Not much, I remember having "almost parties" with this game, literally the only time that has ever happened in my vidya life.

Being a bit older allot of the classic rock was just perfect for us.
>>
I worked on releasing dlc during 2 and 3. Got to learn a lot about music licensing and game development. Great times, really wish they hadn't ditched the cartooniness for dully animated "realistic" visuals. RB2 had great energetic background animations.

Also the authoring got weird post-3, but it got better with 4, so I'm happy.
>>
People just got tired of it. Also, all my shit broke and it's expensive as fuck to replace it all. I will buy 4 eventually for those sweet, sweet Protomen and Lightning Bolt charts.
>>
>>322095567
Your post. Fuck you, this is fun.
>>
>>322099464
The Protomen have the best song on the soundtrack in my opinion, and it's well authored, too. For what it's worth, I had fun noodling with the freestyle solos, too.
>>
>>322095567
Nothing went wrong, they just died a peaceful and silent death. Do you go to funerals asking what went wrong?
>>
Copyright costs skyrocketed and gameplay haven't evolved.
>>
MTV and EA dropped it, while Harmonix dumped all their money into going indie.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.