[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best game of 2015 Award in your opinion? IMO It's TPP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
Best game of 2015 Award in your opinion?

IMO It's TPP
>>
>>322091070

Don't kill me for this but Rainbow Six: Siege actually was pretty great..
>>
witcher 3 aint winning for no reason or rigging

it was seriously a very good game in a year of very good games.

I don't think there were any great games this year though. Witcher 3 was really good but I wasn't in love with it. TPP was a really rough gem.. It had tons of great ideas and a beautiful new engine that could have been the future of MGS but thats not turning out.

Witcher 3s gonna win it - I had more fun playing SS13 and Crypt of the NecroDancer but neither of those games are going to win shit.
>>
If a new Force Unleashed game would come out like it was supposed to this year, Then that would be my pick, but for now: Undertale
>>
I don't have a particular favorite but I really enjoyed Witcher 3, Bloodborne, MGSV, Citites Skylines, and Xenoblade this year
>>
>>322091249

Witcher 3 was Pretty good, but I agree with OP, TPP was the best of the year
>>
>>322091403
Skylines came out this year?

Damn its been a long year.
>>
>>322091070
GOTY: Witcher 3.
Best Action GOTY: Bloodborne
MGS Fans most hated GOTY: MGSV
>>
Bloodborne
>>
>>322091403

The 2 Most popular choices seem to be Witcher 3 and MGSV
>>
>>322091479
I'd give it to TPP if Chapter 2 was better. Chapter 3 being completely gone is whatever, water under the bridge. But the entire supposed second half of the game was a time waster with little nuggets of story.

I didn't finish it because why would I? Its just the same shit twice
>>
>>322091584
I'm not much of a story geek, I just enjoyed pretending I'm some badass from the 80's murdering people and driving trucks.. Really enjoyed the graphics to...

Haven't gotten past the first mission because i'm enjoying how fucking awesome it is
>>
I'm constantly playing catchup throughout the years that I often forget what came out when.

Witcher 3 suffered a downgrade, shit combat and a disconnect from previous entries. Giving it GOTY is a joke even if it is good.

TPP. I mean. It was too flawed to be GOTY.

I'm inclined to say Splatoon. Or Rock Band 4
>>
File: file.png (111 KB, 514x146) Image search: [Google]
file.png
111 KB, 514x146
>>322091816
from a gameplay point of view it has a ton of worth.

the missions are fun to go back and play again. I've managed to finish the first one without leaving the helicopter a few times. he'll have some criticisms by the time you're done. but its still a solid game.
>>
>>322091994
A.... SOLID game?
>>
File: JFK-007.jpg (60 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
JFK-007.jpg
60 KB, 620x372
>>322092176
>>
Uhhh Probably GTA V PC, Really loved that port
>>
Since I'm a fucking Shooter geek, Siege is awesome
>>
>>322091070
This year went from "LOOK AT ALL THESE GOOD GAMES" to "LOOK AT ALL THESE GAMES THAT COME OUT NEXT YEAR" pretty fast.

I don't like WRPG, so Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 aren't going to win for me.

I've played better shooters than Splatoon.

Undertale completely missed me. Most overhyped game of the year, in a year where Fallout 4, Batman Arkham Knight, and MGSV came out.

So naturally, MGSV wins so I don't have to give the award to Batman or Madden.

This year sucked. Deus Ex 4, X-Com 2, and Street Fighter V are going to kill anything that came out this year.
>>
>>322091070
Age of Decadence
>>
>>322092870

Oh fuck yeah, I completely forgot about the new Deus Ex game.. If a new Force Unleashed game came out the same year as Deus Ex 4, I'd be complete as a person
>>
>>322092886
>Age of Decadence

I've heard some good things about that game, is it a MMO? or offline singleplayer?
>>
File: image.png (73 KB, 749x993) Image search: [Google]
image.png
73 KB, 749x993
>>322091070
It has flaws, and they've all been discussed. Despite that it's one the funniest games I've played. Sure we'll fing ourselves wondering what it tells about year 2015, but... GOTY.
>>
Not so sure about 2015 but... I did like Arkham Knight..

But in 2018 I'll be pretty excited.. Why? WELL A fallout game came out recently, which means in 3 years an Elder Scrolls game should happen.. Stupid logic but when F3 came out 3 years later Skyrim did lol
>>
>>322093340
And those graphics am I right?
>>
Who /UnderRail/ here?
>>
I'm actually very suprised at the maturity of this thread, Last year there was a similar thread and a gigantic argument broke out about the choices people picked
>>
>>322093167
It's a single player RPG.

When it comes to dialogue based role playing, it's the greatest RPG since Planescape: Torment. However, the game looks like it was made in 2001 and it can be really frustrating if you're yet unfamiliar with the systems and the tactics you're supposed to use in combat. Also, it's rather unforgiving, in the sense that if you don't have a character that's good at fighting you're well advised to avoid combat as much as you can.

Plot-wise it's great, it has a lot of opportunity to interact with the plot, you're best off playing it multiple times and see how the various events play out differently depending on whom you join and what kinds of decisions you make.

Also, the combat system is a lot deeper than it first looks, actually requiring different approaches to certain combat encounters depending on how you've skilled your character. Especially spears were handled quite well for once.

However, if you're not the type of person with a lot of frustration tolerance and the quirks and issues that old RPGs tend to have, then you might want to skip that one, or pirate first (or play the demo) to see whether it's your cup of tea.
>>
>>322091070
It's been an okay, but not amazing year. I would say halo5, bloodborne, and xenox. Probably halo overall for me.
>>
>>322093359

But Skyrim was fucking terrible. And after it's success you're getting Skyrim 2.
>>
>>322093493
I just wanted to start playing, then this thread came up. I've already played the demo a while back, but I haven't had the time to play yet.
>>
>>322093605
Is it immersive? in a roleplaying story stance, not graphical
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 300x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 300x374
>>
MGSV was my favourite game until I played Undertale. It might have kept top spot if not for the way it just fizzles out at the end.
>executing all your soldiers on Mother Base
>saving Quiet only for Quiet to save you
>then the final mission is just the first mission with an extra few seconds of cutscene
And now it's never going to have a real ending. Thanks Konami.
>>
>>322091070
MGSV for me as well. Xenoblade Chronicles X is not far behind it, and Witcher 3 and Bloodborne are tied for third.
>>
>>322093638
I enjoyed it though, I love medieval games and love Fallout.. The 2 combined is rad, I would have enjoyed skyrim even if it was no story, no weapons, and all you could do was roam the map and talk to people
>>
>>322093765
It depends on what you consider immersion. I don't think it's immersive in the sense as Gothic or Morrowind is, that you spend hours wandering around and getting lost in the world. It's rather plot-centric and you'll navigate through the world quite fast. However, I really liked the music and the descriptions of the world are quite vivid. It's definitely more of an RPG in the sense of Torment, which relies on text more than graphics. Lots of encounters are also played out in a choose-your-own-adventure style. The world comes alive through the believable motivations of the various NPCs and uncovering their schemes and the way you can interact with them. To truly grasp the game you need to beat it multiple times. To some this may be immersive, to some it may be not. The game is quite short though, so it's not like you'll put 50 hours or so into it. The first time beating the game may take you around 12 - 20 hours, depending on your build and plot choices (e.g. someone who can talk his way out of everything will be done a lot faster than someone who has to fight a lot), but after that you might progress faster since you know what to do.
>>
>>322091249

I just can't enjoy TW3 after playing MGS V. Going from 1080p 60fps in MGS V to less than 30fps with ~2 minute loading screens each time you die in TW3 is ridiculous.

MGS V plays like a dream compared to TW3 or any other game that came out this year.
>>
>>322094195
That sounds fucking awesome, I'm buying it right now lol
>>
File: 1451340652996.jpg (34 KB, 262x268) Image search: [Google]
1451340652996.jpg
34 KB, 262x268
>>322094364
>playing multiplats on a console
>>
>>322094524
Some people can't afford gaming computers
>>
Total War Attila I guess. It hasn't been a good year.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6411441

DECIDE WHAT WAS GOTY 2015
>>
>>322094714
>only 3 games
Come on nigga
>>
File: 1436797751173.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1436797751173.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>>322094524
>playing console games on a spreadsheet machine
>>
>>322094391
Keep in mind: this game can be very frustrating if you're trying to play a fighter. If you want a less frustrating experience, try playing a merchant first and talk your way out of things rather than solving things through combat.

You'll have to focus on either talking or fighting in the beginning. Doing both can be really hard.

It's wise to first focus on a pure talker or a pure fighter.

Later, if you have beaten the game once or twice and know what to do, e.g. both in terms of combat tactics as well as when it comes to where to get the quests and in which order to do them to maximise experience gain, then you can try to vary a bit and and play mixed builds.

The game has lots of different endings, and it's beatable even by seemingly "useless" builds, even though you may not get the most satisfying endings. On the other hand, even if you do everything "right", things may not work out for your character in the end if you haven't looked out for yourself properly, since the world is kind of harsh. To some people this is rewarding in itself, to others it may not be what they're looking for in an RPG since Age of Decadence doesn't hand you your power fantasy as easily, even though it's well possible to become exceedingly powerful in the game if you make the right choices and invest your skill points wisely.

Don't say I haven't warned you, but maybe you're the type of person who likes this sort of thing. Refer to the forums and guides so that you're not completely left out, or start a thread on /v/ in case you get stuck. Prepare to restart though, since gimping your character is easy.
>>
>>322094814
Well it'd look like I was fanboying hard if I put super specific games on the list
>>
Normies. So fallout 4 will win despite it being almost as bad as 3 and despite them literally copy pasting the skyrim engine
>>
File: 1450572122938.jpg (4 MB, 9000x9000) Image search: [Google]
1450572122938.jpg
4 MB, 9000x9000
>>322094824
>playing on a console and complaining when games run badly
>playing on a console when they can be outperformed by work processors around the same price
>>
>>322094824
I actually enjoy playing games on PS4 more then PC sometimes (I have a gaming pc)

TW3 was one of those games, I can't explain it really :T

If you want a miserable experience though, Remote play vita with PS4 and play TW3
>>
>>322094986
I didn't complain about anything. I didn't have any problems with Witcher 3 on PS4, although I played it well before MGSV came out so I didn't jump from one directly to the other like he did.
>>
>>322095035
I have a gaming PC as well but I rarely use it. I grew up playing on consoles so unless a multiplat is extremely worse on consoles I'll play it there. Most PC exclusives don't interest me either (although I'm definitely keeping an eye on Star Citizen). The last game I played through on PC was Dark Souls back when it came out. Blighttown alone made the PC version worth it for me. But yeah my PC usually just collects dust.
>>
>>322096097
I only use mine for GMOD, Battlefront 2, and I'm looking forward to the new Hitman, I like it on PC because trainers...
>>
File: 1446957668015.png (2 MB, 1280x2500) Image search: [Google]
1446957668015.png
2 MB, 1280x2500
My 3 are Splatoon, Undertale and MGSV
>>
File: yakuza5jpg-14ab69_1280w.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yakuza5jpg-14ab69_1280w.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
Pretty much the only game I really fucking enjoyed this year besides maybe Witcher 3, MonHun 4U and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. Baffles me that people enjoyed the unfinished piece of shit that was MGSV, I had more fun with Ground Zeroes.
>>
>>322096456
I just liked the first mission where I could fuck around and be badass with amazing graphics and tons to do, literally was worth 60 dollars right there
>>
>>322094714
>GTA V PC

Why would you put that there instead of actually good games
>>
>>322096431
2/3. I never played undertale
>>
>>322097024

I don't know, I just didn't want to hear some 30 year old Virgin bitch at me about why GTA V pc is GOTY
>>
File: 1380386075410.png (448 KB, 455x395) Image search: [Google]
1380386075410.png
448 KB, 455x395
>>322096456
>likes Yakuza
>calls other games shit
>>
>>322091070
>>
>>322097705
Okay m8.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.