[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It was designed from the ground up to be as shallow and controller-centric
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: url.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
It was designed from the ground up to be as shallow and controller-centric as possible to cater for casuals. You cannot possibly mess up the execution of the abilities in the game, because you push a button and it does pretty much everything for you. When it's impossible to mess up the execution of things in a game, why bother playing? You effectively master the character in 2-3 games.
The only thing you can fuck up is your aim, but that's true of every FPS ever. If movement and abilities require zero skill and it's just aim, why bother? Literally every other FPS offers the same.
The only people who think Overwatch is "interesting" are people who probably started playing FPS games after 2007.
>>
>>322081623
>bitter as fuck
Who hurt you anon?
>>
>>322082128
I've played it why would I be bitter?
>>
>>322082225
Well you seem upset that Overwatch is the same as every other FPS. So im kinda wondering why you played it if you have that opinion of FPS games. Seems like you should just avoid them all together.
>>
>>322082604
It's overrated, overhyped garbage is what it is.
>>
>>322082747
Then why make a thread about it just further bringing it up? Why not just say it's crap to you and move on? Again, why so bitter.
>>
>>322081623
What a ragging faggot
Should there be a 5 button combo in order to drop a mine?
And before you can use jump, there should be a 15 button combo as well
Cuz skill! ;)
>>
>>322082871
Saying something is crap doesn't make it crap. I'm articulating why it's crap.
>>
Okay.
>>
>>322083060
You missed my point. If you think something is crap, then just think it, dont post about it being crap and complaining about it being overhyped when all you're doing is putting the name out there further. Just ignore its existence.
>>
>>322081623
I agree, abilities are too easy to pull off. They need to make it more like fighting games with complex inputs to perform your specials
>>
Isn't the game about countering heroes with other heroes?
>>
File: 1056.gif (772 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1056.gif
772 KB, 250x200
>>322083003
>>322083259
>>322083406
>>
>>322083227
>don't discuss video games you don't like
>/v/ is a place where games should be shown in a positive light
>>
>>322083582
For someone who prided their thread on being articulate replying with an image really makes you look like a raging faggot.

Overwatch looks like shit but you aren't even fucking trying at this point. You are probably one of the other millions of people who didn't get into the beta and are asshurt about it. CS:GO is about as good as FPS is going to get at this point.
>>
>>322083623
There is just zero upside to talking about games you don't like. May as well ignore them and keep playing shit you do like, talk about things you enjoy instead. Postive > negative.
>>
>>322082871
>Why talk about video games on a video game message board
>>
>>322083975
Im not OP man, i was agreeing with those three posters. Probably should have clarified. OP is a dumb cunt who does seem ass pained about FPS in general not being like a fighting game.

On a side note i didnt get into the beta. And Blizzards marketing for this game is weird as hell.
>>
>>322083003
>Should there be a 5 button combo in order to drop a mine?

In Helldiver's there actually is, its pretty cool
>>
>>322084349
I was thinking about Helldivers while I was typing it
It wouldn't fit overwatch or fast paced fps at all tho

It works really good in helldivers tho
>>
>>322084234
I don't see why the beta wasn't open and why it was so restricted, but I guess it's not that bizarre. I guess they wanted to limit the amount of feedback they got on the forums.
>>
>>322084040
That's kinda boring, the only reason places like /v/ are interesting is because there are actually conflicting opinions unlike the circlejerk that would be reddit.
>>
File: IFuckedYourMom.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
IFuckedYourMom.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
You are correct OP. Having no aerial maneuverability feels fucking awful. The mechanics are pigeonholed by controllers, such as not being able to rocket jump manually. You will run into the same people who think Diablo III is a good game, despite it being made to play on a controller. Its not necessarily that the game is awful, its that its awful compared to the potential it should have reached.
>>
>>322084783
One thing that breaks TF2 completly is rocket jumping

Is it skill ful and shit?
Yes
But it honestly breaks the fuck out of that game

There's at least 5 soldiers on each team always, rocket jumping around insta-killing shit

Soldier is the most op class in that game, it's just ridiclulus
His downside should be his movement speed, but he ends up being the fastest class as well

Just retarded
There is aerial maneuverability in overwatch tho
What do you mean by that?
Do you mean controlling yourself in the air?
The game allows this
>>
>>322084515
Makes a certain amount of sense but saying no to any open beta at all is really weird. or even sending out more invites. They had a pretty small player pool and some people only played it once or twice and then dropped it. That's data in itself i spose though.

>>322084632
Oh i don't mean lets all be happy wank bags and never argue about things. But it just seems stupid to me to make a thread about a game/genre he clearly doesn't like when he could just ignore it and generally be a positive person and play shit he does like.

If he made a thread saying he didn't like overwatch for legit reasons it'd make more sense but he's literally asking the game to be completely different in design and seems shitty that's not some overly complicated moba hybrid thing.

I dunno,maybe im too naive thinking OP could have just said to himself "well i didn't like that, i'll go play this" instead of "i hated this, lets see who else hated it so i feel justified in my hate for a game that is trying to be what it's trying to be"

If he came on saying it had a lot of potential but fell short it could have worked. But the part that rubbed me the wrong way was he just doesnt seem to like FPS games in general so why even try the game to begin with? I mean what did he expect it to be?
>>
>>322085305
>5 soldiers on each team always
>complaining about balance in pubs and not the way it was meant to be played: HL
>>
>>322081623
I find Overwatch interesting because it's so shallow and casual. It's the same reason why I like Heroes of the Storm more than LoL or Dota2. I have plenty of games that require skill and time, and I enjoy them greatly. But sometimes it's nice to pick up a mindless game that i can play a few quick games before work or bed. It's like when I played CoD: MW1/2 back before I went to school Winning an easy game puts me in a good mood and usually makes my day better since i started it on a positive note.
>>
>>322085613
>the way it's meant to be played
Now you're talking pure fucking shit
TF2 was made to be played 12v12

The game LITERALLY tells you this when you first search for a game
Nice delusion tho

Btw, the balance in TF2 is awful
Engy, pyro and heavy are so underpowered it just makes me sad
>>
>>322084040
Not the same guy here but....why not talk about games you don't like? It is not pointless conversation, not only you say why you don't like then but you can also talk how to make it better or find other games that does stuff that you like? Stop shilling the game you faggot.
>>
>>322086159
>Shill
No a single time did i say i like Overwatch.

And im not saying don't talk about games you don't like, im saying OP was an idiot for trying the game in the first place when he clearly doesn't enjoy FPS games anyway. So making a thread purely to shit on the game/genre he doesn't like seems really dumb. If he was an avid FPS player and really wanted Overwatch to be better than it is then it would have been a good thread. But for the third time OP fucked up in trying the game in the first place when he went in with dislike towards "Literally every other FPS " I'm just really confused as to what he expected the game to be for him when he doesn't seem to like FPS in the first place.
>>
>>322086885
>I'm not a shill.
>But I will continue giving this game attention.
Tosspot.
>>
File: nerd.jpg (40 KB, 800x580) Image search: [Google]
nerd.jpg
40 KB, 800x580
>>322081623
Awwww senpai's standards are so high, I'm proud ;_;

Keep those standards high! I'll be enjoying the living shit out of Overwatch with friends in the meanwhile

And 90% of other games I'm sure are too shitty for you. Enjoy your 2 acceptable games per year, if that, for the rest of your life

:3c
>>
File: cowboy-590x450.jpg (45 KB, 590x450) Image search: [Google]
cowboy-590x450.jpg
45 KB, 590x450
>>322086961
I was talking about OP being a thoughtless dickbag but okay.
>>
>>322086885
>>322085402
shoo shoo shill
>>
>>322087296
I'm talking about both of you.
>>
>>322081623
>as possible to cater for casuals.
So 99.999999999% of /v/ or even steam or every console right now?

Your really bitching about the very thing everything wants. It's like walking into we're fatasses who love sickly sweet candy convention and telling people how sickly sweet this new candy you found is and how it'll make you fat.
The only thing you're doing is making people salivate.
>>
>>322087270
>Enjoy your high standards, I'll just be over eating shit! :D
>>
>>322087825
Exactly!
And asking for sloppy seconds!

You'll just have anger issues over /v/ rather than eating anything at all :3c
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.