[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your ideal plot for a future DKC game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: dkmirror.png (2 MB, 755x1067) Image search: [Google]
dkmirror.png
2 MB, 755x1067
What's your ideal plot for a future DKC game?
>>
>>322075517
Why does DK look like Reggie Fils-aime?
>>
>>322075517

Sequel to Tropical Freeze where K. Rool makes a grand come back, but you don't see any fucking hint of him whatsoever until the final boss where he basically pulls an Andross, like in Star Fox Adventures.

Make DK, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Kiddie, and Tiny playable.

Have Lanky, Chunky, and one or two new members of the Kong family as NPCs.
>>
>>322076202
>K. Rool makes a grand come back
That will never happen. Nintendo refuses to even acknowledge him any more. Why do you think he still hasn't been in Smash, yet?
>>
File: K rool.png (179 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
K rool.png
179 KB, 600x600
>>322077730
>not in smash

Umm, yea he is?
>>
>>322077941
>implying a shitty costume means anything
K. Rool is dead. Just let it go.
>>
>K. Rool returns
>He is now capitalist slime
>Plans mass deforestation to make that dosh
>DK & team to the rescue
>They must defeat enemies in forests, factories and corporate offices and free their animal friends from city zoos to join the revolution
>Candy Kong is now a spy working for K. Rool
>Lays out a trap for DK & friends to be caught and placed in a city zoo
>K.Rool never really trusted Candy, but he does now after defeating DK
>She is invited to his office
>Steals all his plans before sabotaging records and gives to chinese, who she was really working for all along
>K. Rool mad
>They go ultra-chinese mode and decide de-swampestation is good too, which will harm K.Rool's main ecosystem
>K.Rool realizes his errors
>Decides to team up with DK to end deforestation
>(now you can play as K.Rool in ultra-cool 2d sidescrolling espionage action)
>Funky Kong flies team to china
>DK, K.Rool and team are eaten by hungry chinese farmers as soon as they land.

Needs a better ending
>>
>>322078514
>they don't even acknowledge K. Rool any more
>what about this recent acknowledgement
>PHHT, DOESN'T COUNT, K. ROOL IS DEAD AND NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED
>>
>>322075517

Plot? Literally just more "DK's banana horde got stolen" is all I ever want it to be, it's charming in that way.

At most I would want it to pull a squeak squad. Where the villains have evil and complicated motives, but DK's bananas become collateral damage and DK couldn't give a shit about anything other than bananas
>>
>>322078798
Korporate K. Rool?
>>
File: 125553252.jpg (31 KB, 540x308) Image search: [Google]
125553252.jpg
31 KB, 540x308
>>322075517
>Pirates
>Tikis
>Vikings

So Cowboys next?
>>
>>322079820
>minecart level that takes place on train tracks in a wild west setting
>you ride alongside trains with enemies throwing shit at you, go inside trains, hop between trains, ect
>music is remix of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoVcf2sjgYs
>>
>>322079157

Sure, why not.

Really though, you can pull any generic save-the-x-type story with no depth to it out of your ass and it would be good enough. What 2D platformer has a decent story? Such a bland genre does not seem like the best medium to tell a good story.

A better question would be what theme would you want the next DK to be. In that case, I'm down for aliens.
>>
>>322080630
>What 2D platformer has a decent story?
Oddworld Abe's Oddyssey, maybe?
It's simple, but pretty alright.

>Such a bland genre
Kill yourself.
>>
>Mario is kidnapped by an enemy far more powerful than Bowser
>Diddy Kong is kidnapped as well

>Game has you playing as both Browser and Donkey Kong, trying to rescue Mario and Diddy Kong from an unrevealed enemy
>Gameplay is focused on switching characters as some parts and puzzles need each characters abilities to be beat
>Mushroom Kingdom and Jungle Levels
>>
>>322081045

2D platformers get stale as fuck for me after about only an hour of playing. I grew up with the genre (Marios, Sonics, DKC, etc), but it just doesn't do much for me anymore.
>>
>>322081213
>Turns out the Villains are Wario and Waluigi
>Bananas and Coins for maximum dosh
>this is discovered hafway through the game
>They were just hired goons for another more powerful villain
>All new villain is revealed to be the mastermind
>party based platformer with DK, Bowser, Wario, and Waluigi
>>
File: umikawashun.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
umikawashun.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>322081426
I can sort of understand that.
Something real basic like Mario or DKC does little for me, but platformers with some unique hook that ties into the platforming like Umihara Kawase, or a significant action element like Ghouls 'n Ghosts, I could play all damn day.
>>
>>322082082

That actually looks pretty fun. But I can see even that getting stale after a few levels. Something I'd be interested in playing maybe 3 or 4 levels at a time. I finished playing Yoshi's Woolly World recently (got it at launch). I thought it did a great job of changing things up level after level, but it was still not enough to keep me interested for too long.
>>
>>322075517
Somebody steals Donkey Kong's bananas. He has to get them back.
>>
>>322076202
I would like to see K Rool back but with a different persona, maybe a knight wearing a full armor so we don't see his full appearance until the end.
>>
File: qpdtrs.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
qpdtrs.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>322082682
>But I can see even that getting stale after a few levels
I dunno, the levels are real short and change things up pretty decently.
But more than that, that fishing line grappling hook thing takes some serious skill to use well. There is a ton of nuance to it, and playing for the first time you will feel like a retard for not being able to do seemingly basic things.
That's what makes it work for me.
Even if I'm replaying an early stage for the 50th time, I can still clearly see myself improving as a player, getting better at flinging myself around the screen and shit.
>>
>>322084093

Yeah, I'll give this game a try. Kind reminds me of Ninja Five-O, which I had fun playing.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 200x195) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 200x195
A new Donky Kong with bongos
>>
>>322084909
Jungle Beat is my favorite game in the series. Sign me the fuck up.
>>
File: blindeyeswhitedankn.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
blindeyeswhitedankn.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>322084982

Jungle Beat is not a DKC game you fuck
>>
>>322075517
>King K. Rool stealing golden bananas and DK
>You play as Kiddy Kong and Lanky Kong
>>
>>322075517
fuckin shit the bananas are gone visit 10 different colorful biomes with inexplicable pits to get them

>plot in DK
>>
>>322075517
I just want a sequel to DK64 developed by either Retro or Playtonic.
>>
>>322085196
I don't care nigger. Bring back the bongos and the score attack gameplay.
>>
>>322085415
Camelot said they'd do it way back when. It beats a barebones Mario sports games.
>>
I'd like a game that further describes the events of the Great Ape War and what happened to Donkey Kong's father.
>>
>some aliens are attacking the island
>first half of the game takes place in lush regions, with alien technology mixed in
>their spaceship is powered by bananas
>DK and friends kick their asses and board their ship
>turns out they weren't just stealing bananas to be pricks
>they got kicked off their home planet and needed a bit of fuel to get back
>DK and friends go to the alien planet
>second half of the game is in arid regions, but with alien plant & wildlife
>the big bad is K. Rool! Him and his henchmen got shot into space in one of DK's untold adventures (which is why he hasn't been in a game in years) and he took over the alien planet
>final world is K. Rool's alien base
>K. Rool is wearing a spacesuit even though he doesn't need it

>Kiddy and Lanky come back
>Kiddy has a ground pound and Lanky can air-dash
>>
>>322076202
>Game starts with shadowy figure stealing DK's banana hoard.
>You play as a new Kong, Flippy Kong who sees the banana hoard get stolen
>Get to final boss.
>Shadowy figure is Donkey Kong
>Flippy Kong is K. Rool
>Proceed to beat final boss and finally claim the banana hoard for your own for whatever purpose.
>>
>Sequel to Tropical Freeze
>Best sequel ever, with multiple locations, even a visit to the Mushroom Kingdom for a world and space.
>Maybe even Spiral Mountain
>Final Boss
>It's K. Rool
>Final boss fight plays like King of Swing
>Only people who played King of Swing know the controls
>It's foreshadowed in earlier levels by having the KONG letters be replaced by KING OF SWING
>Ends with seeing Samus's ship flying away in space foreshadowing Retros upcoming Donkey Kong and Samus's Country Prime trilogy.
>>
Donkey Kong is accepted as a refugee into Germany.
>>
>>322087924
Nintendo published Personal Trainer: Cooking which has Germany in it so it's possible.
>>
>>322076202
How about having the decoy villain be Mario, in a throwback to the old Donkey Kong games?
>>
Joel expanding dongs.
>>
>>322087740
this is fucking retarded
>>
>>322088437
>Not wanting Samus Kongs Prime Country Steak Grill-off with Ultra Hand HD
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.