[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the steam version of Final Fantasy 7 the best version of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: ff7 steam.jpg (30 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
ff7 steam.jpg
30 KB, 460x215
Is the steam version of Final Fantasy 7 the best version of the game out there?

I've never played it before but I'm kind of tempted to get it for the steam sale mostly due to the HD graphics and convenience of playing on my computer.
>>
mostly, it does have a few oddities and annoyance like music resetting after every battles

but beats a blurry PS1 version

also there's no HD graphics -- it looks like the original just rendered at a higher res (which doesn't really change much for huge blocky models and pre-rendered background)
>>
>>322072363
..but of course there's mods, but I can't stand those personally
>>
File: 1451080294102.png (2 MB, 764x1294) Image search: [Google]
1451080294102.png
2 MB, 764x1294
>Supporting 3rd-party drm
>>
No it's not the best, but the differences are nitpicky anyway. Just play what's most convenient for you.
>>
>>322071767
There's nothing wrong with it, but if you don't own it on PSN or PS1 it's fine. There's a shitload of mods to make it look and sound better, if you're into that kind of thing.
>>
>>322073470
This.
The Steam and PS4 versions are technically the best, but so marginally that it really doesn't matter.

The mods definitely make the Steam version the best by far, if you're into that. If you just want the vanilla game, then get what's most convenient. For example, the PS3 version is the best for me since it also works on my PSP and Vita, with only one purchase, so I have both a television and portable version and data and can be transferred to and from both.
>>
>>322073909
>>322071767
It's also worth noting that the Steam and PS4 versions fix a few grammatical and spelling typos but nothing too serious by any means.
>>
>>322072363
>blurry PS1 version
You're dumb.
>>
>>322074037
it doesn't fix much

like fort condor still gives you "tincture" instead of ethers

I almost wish they didn't change this guy are sick since it was kinda infamous and funny to see
>>
>>322071767
Play it on a TV with a good 240p scaler. The old backgrounds can still look pretty good.
>>
I prefer the PS4 version because of cheats. I'm playing through it to get ready for the remake, so it's nice to get rid of some of the tedium by turning off random encounters when it feels tedious
>>
File: ferret_sweater.jpg (15 KB, 238x320) Image search: [Google]
ferret_sweater.jpg
15 KB, 238x320
Has anyone used any graphic mods? Which ones are best?
>>
>>322075112
I played it by never touching R3 (aka the actual cheats) and used only L3 for 3x speed, while max speed and active

gotta select fast

I like how the speed up didn't speed up the music as well, unlike emulators
>>
>>322075112
You know cheat tables, exist, right? And that they're way more powerful than a menu option?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.