[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Posten on /vp/, but the board is slow and apparently they get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: 39438.jpg (268 KB, 550x661) Image search: [Google]
39438.jpg
268 KB, 550x661
Posten on /vp/, but the board is slow and apparently they get a lot of post similar to mine and think I'm shitposting so... I stopped played pokemon back when Emerald, because after that I got a psp and then stopped playing videogames for a few years. This thread is for discussion of the DS games. I want to get into it but don't know which are the best. Was thinking of playing SoulSilver first, what say you? Also did vp ever finished that pokemon game you guys were making?
>>
>>322062129
Play Pt/HG or SS/BW1/BW2/Emerald and FRLG
In order of release is recommended. But feel free to play them in any order. Basically these are the only games worth playing, they do vary in quality but anything else is dogshit. Literal dogshit.
This will be the only correct post in this thread. Do not bother arguing with apologist drones.
>>
>>322062506
Second this.

Also /vp/ will likely tell you their shit opinions anyway, but Platinum through B2/W2 are the best Pokemon games. That includes HG/SS.
>>
>>322062506
This.

Also, this should probably go without saying, but play BW1 before 2

Assuming you aren't emulating and have multiple DS's, you can use memory link to unlock some neat bonus stuff
>>
>>322062129
I recommend playing Pt/HGSS at least at 2x speed. After they finally started speeding up battles decently since BW it's excruciating how slow Platinum plays.
>>
>>322062506
I agree with this, but I think Gen VI gets way more hate than it deserves, though at this point I'd hold off and pick up Z whenever it gets a release date since gamefreak can't seem to handle patching in content so right now XY and ORAS have the same level of connectivity as RBY and GSC had so everything Z adds will be incompatible with the rest of Gen VI
>>
The DS games are the best in the series.
You can't go wrong with any of them aside from Diamond and Pearl which were made obsolete by Platinum.
>>
Gen V is by far the best of the series, but check out IV first. It's hard to go back from V to IV.
>>
Pt -> HGSS -> BW -> B2W2
And don't play gen VI, it's shit.
>>
>>322062129
Platinum is the best game of the franchise overall.
It has the most available number of pokemon. I think starters, legends and 16 pokemon out of 480 pokemons were unobtainable in plat.
It has the longest adventure and the best postgame of the series.

There are also pokemon mods for all the DS games where every pokemon is made available to catch ingame and trade evolving pokemon evolve by leveling them instead.
>>
File: 1409279852412.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1409279852412.gif
2 MB, 300x169
Platinum is last challenging mainline Pokemon
If you enjoyed G/S/C, you'll enjoy HG/SS's nostalgia trip.
B/W force you to use Gen V's Pokemon so if you find yourself not liking them you can skip to B2/W2.

Then stop playing after you finish the first gym in Platinum, realize that mainline Pokemon is a grand rehash garbage festival and go play the spinoffs, such as Colosseum, Mystery Dungeon, Conquest, or even Ranger and Rumble.
>>
Platinum, then one of HGSS, and then at least one of BW2, BW1 isn't really as good and there's minimal things in BW1 not in BW2. But if you play both BW1 and BW2 play the same version, i.e. Black and Black 2 or White and White 2.

>>322065084
>any of mainline
>challenging
>>
>>322065084
>Platinum is least challenging mainline Pokemon

None of the Pokemon games are challenging, thats the main reason Nuzlocking them was created.

And btw, Platinum is the hardest game to Nuzlocke of them all.
>>
This is the best Pokemon game.

Also no, /vp/ did not finish their game yet.
>>
I do Plt, HG, W, W2
>>
>>322065816
Even just in MD Sky is better and I'd rather replay Rescue Team than Super because it has more replay value with the bulletin board rather than the connection orb.
>>
>>322066260
black is edgier
>>
>>322065816
I only played the first 2 MD. I read that the 3ds one was shit. Is this one any good?
>>
File: welp.png (49 KB, 167x354) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
49 KB, 167x354
>>322065816
Do these games actually improve?
I'm playing Rescue Team blue now and its so fucking basic.

Like, its tuned to be punishing, but so simple.
Its like an inversion of the regular Pokemon games which are all depth but zero challenge.
>>
>>322066576
It's really good. The main point of contention is that super has a definite ending due to the connection orb while the other games can keep going on and on.
>>
File: 1450505221822.png (99 KB, 428x353) Image search: [Google]
1450505221822.png
99 KB, 428x353
>>322066576
There are two of them on the 3DS. Gates to Infinity, which is heavily flawed, and Super, which is the new one and a significant improvement that fixed most of the problems that Gates had. For instance, Gates got rid of hunger, but Super added it back in. Gates only had a little over 100 Pokemon in it, while Super has 721 Pokemon in it.
>>322066659
Yes, the games improve, if you're finding Rescue Team to be too basic gameplay wise you might find yourself better off skipping straight to Super since gameplay changes aren't too great between Rescue Team and Sky.
To explain, in Super your standard attack becomes almost useless, never doing any more than 5 damage, thus forcing the player to pay more attention to PP. More emphasis is put on using items to succeed in dungeons, as it pits you up against high leveled Pokemon very quickly while you're still very low leveled. It forces you to strategize and pay attention to what dungeons you're going on and what kind of quests you're going on. Depending on the quest, you may want to stock up on lots of varied items like Totter Orbs (confuse all enemies in the room), Truant Wands (makes opponents abilities not work and makes them unable to move every other turn), and several other items. Reviver Seeds are no longer the end all way to survive.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.