[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: TOS(2).jpg (225 KB, 1502x802) Image search: [Google]
TOS(2).jpg
225 KB, 1502x802
What went wrong?
>>
Korea.

No really.

They can't even use our feedback properly because everything is already determined in the korean client being half a year or more ahead.
>>
>>322061716
Game for manchildren made by chinks, what did you expect?
>>
>>322061716
People thought this was going to be Ragnarok Online 2.
>>
>>322061716
p2w
f2p
grinding mmo shit

You're an adult. Do something with your life
>>
class balancing means that although there's a gazillion class options only like 8 are viable

a ridiculous xp curve rivaling pre big bang maplestory

also AoE is king
>>
>>322061716
Cash shop in Korea is awful. They tried to make a prettier RO but fucked up .
>>
>Leveling rate of a sandbox MMO
>Linear zone and gear progression of a theme park MMO

A lot of the stuff works but there's gotta be more maps for each level zone right now you don't even explore you just walk down a hallway and if you're lucky there's an alternative leveling zone like Guard Graveyard.

It has a lot of potential though I heard they recently added that guild master class and there's things like Party Events that break up the grind. It's horribly unoptimized and barebones right now though, it's probably gonna end up being released too soon.
>>
>>322061716
Another game that wants to be a mediocre sandbox/themepark hybrid instead of a solid themepark or sandbox.
>>
File: 1446141649780.png (961 KB, 1624x1052) Image search: [Google]
1446141649780.png
961 KB, 1624x1052
I think one of the more notable flaws is that it's an absolute piece of shit.
>>
>>322061716
Nexon
>>
File: 1439175483554.jpg (26 KB, 149x187) Image search: [Google]
1439175483554.jpg
26 KB, 149x187
>>322061716
Nothing really, game is doing fine actually

People are mad about:
>low exp rates
They got spoiled by the beta rates and thought they could hit max level within a few weeks. Eventually they'll host 1.5x or 2x EXP events during weekends like all the popular grindy korean mmos nowadays.

>cash shop
The token shit is kind of annoying, but not game breaking, if you're serious about the game buying that is meaningless. The exp boost is kind of a kick in the nuts but I told everyone about it since forever and no one believed me. Good thing is "it's hella expensive", yes being expensive it's a good thing, it means very few people will buy it, if it was super accessible everyone and their mother would be "forced" to buy them to stay competitive, now only like 2% of the population will buy that kind of shit to be the highest level in the server. People will buy a few of them to abuse the weekend exp as much as they can as well, it's literally the same in every game for Korea for the past 10 years, don't be surprised about it.

Also all this is subject to change if there's ever an int release, after the massive exploits I don't think that's happening soon, but yeah a lot of the cash shop bullshit is probably going to change since the western audience isn't used to deal with this kind of restrictions.
>>
After playing for a few hours, I get this feeling that I could be doing something better with my life.

Maybe I just grew up from MMOs...
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.