[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people who think Dwarf Fortress is fun to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1422269573561.jpg (13 KB, 472x357) Image search: [Google]
1422269573561.jpg
13 KB, 472x357
>There are people who think Dwarf Fortress is fun to play
>>
>>322054206
what the fuck this isn't the image I posted
>>
>>322054287
WAKE UP
>>
Shhh, Aniki is sleeping.
>>
>>322054206
Dump sleep poster.
>>
I tried it for like 30 minutes and then gave up.

It infuriates me that I can't get into it
>>
pls don't use Aniki to shitpost
>>
File: aniki awakens.gif (2 MB, 244x147) Image search: [Google]
aniki awakens.gif
2 MB, 244x147
>>
No tutorial wouldn't be a bad thing but there is literally no order to the things you can build/do. In fact if I recall they were just in alphabetical order right?

To me that would be like playing Sim City but for whatever reason residential buildings were grouped with roads because they both start with a R. Powerplants being group with police stations because they both start with a P.

It was literally set up in the most lazy way possible and people defend it saying git gud and stupid shit like that when there is nothing to git gud at when it come to finding out where the fuck the early stuff is hidden along in the mess. Hell you don't even need beehives but iirc that option was along with something you do need. Sim City not only have related things group up but also gave an order from cheapest to the most costly and generally have stuff you will use the most often like powerlines and roads at top with the rarer stuff like powerplants and airports at the bottom.

If the dev isn't willing to have his game make sense then only he have himself to blame when only people with autism are willing to "git gud" at it. If there was something like a mod that will edit everything in a reasonable and understandable order I'm sure I will love it but as the moment there is no difficulty curve as even the menu is artificial difficulty. Call it a casual filter if you want but I call it a no standards filter or an idiot filter myself. There are better games where you don't need to fuck around in the menu for hours to get started. Sim City once again being a good example.
>>
File: Download.jpg (9 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
9 KB, 180x240
Friendly reminder that the collab is up.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27907845
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIN14UmC-yw
>>
>>322054206
WAKE
>>
ANIKI!

WAKE UP!
>>
>>322054206
Literally the only problem with DF is how tedious it can be
Besides that it's insanely fun once you learn how to play
>>
Is this softcore fetish or is there actual penetration.
>>
>>322054206
WAKE UP, ANIKI!
>>
>>322057780
I think some of them have penetration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM6LFAsRb50
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.