[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you pleased so far with KF2? I'm having a blast! It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: KF2.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
KF2.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
Are you pleased so far with KF2? I'm having a blast! It is such a well oiled machined compared to KF1.
>>
Have they added guns/classes yet or still just hats?
>>
It feels a bit hollow to me at this moment. It looks nice and is more moving oriented, but it doesn't quite feel "KF" to me. A bit too cartoony, perhaps?

>>322051579
Gunslinger + pack of various pistols was added just recently, Patriarch v2, and some maps.
>>
File: gunkata.gif (10 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
gunkata.gif
10 KB, 250x224
>>322051579

They added gunslinger not long ago along with old patriarch as end boss.
>>
File: 1389545551536.png (963 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1389545551536.png
963 KB, 640x960
>nerfed all the good classes
>no buff for any of the shit classes
>farm is a literal test map they threw in to inflate update content
>bugs and glitches galore, farm exploit STILL not patched out
>microtransactions for tf2 retards
>only included ONE new perk in the span of four months
>will probably take them til feb/march before we see teases about the next update

The game is fucking trash and it sucks I can't get a refund.
>>
>>322052125
>>322052203
Dang that's it? It's nearly beena year..
>>
>>322052676
TWI sort of promised to get the game out of E.A. by the end of this year, but it's obvious now that their schedule's slipping. I'd estimate KF2 to be at pure 1.0 around Q2 2016, at earliest.

meanwhile, they're trying to cash with the CS:GO style random skin-crate drops.
>>
>>322051483
>The sharpshooter class is a fuckin staple and TW is busy making fuckin hats.
>Every team needs a fuckin zerk tank and a pocket medic to be successful.
>Classes are more heavily defined as roles in the team and therefore increase team reliance

I feel like Im playing a fuckin MMO
>>
I'll just play KF1 instead. and I only play that on rare occasions whenever my friends want to play.
>>
>>322052627
Oh dont get me started on those fuckin maps.
How in the actual fuck did they manage to make forest map feel so claustrophobic? Farm used to be a huge map where enemies could come from everywhere, now its just a map the size of my thumb where enemies spawn 3 feet from you.
>>
>>322054092
Just stick to normal/hard and you don't need to be so rigid
>>
Pros:
>Looks Great
>Polished Gameplay
>Runs Extremely Well even on lower end machines
>Content Updates are mostly free
>Developer known to support games for a long time

Cons:
>Hollow overall game compared to KF1
>Leveling takes forever
>No Real payoff for achieving max rank
>Game was released in a barebones state making the replay value low at the current time

I'm sure eventually it will be great, but as of now its not.

And this is coming from someone who bought everything KF1 had to offer and played over 1000 hours.
>>
File: Fog_Rig_Punch.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fog_Rig_Punch.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>322051483

>oiled

Time for some webms of the oil rig map.
>>
Too little content for me to make the jump. Killing Floor 1 just has too much going for it at the moment.

I'll give it a year or two for them to barrel out a few updates, during the free weekend I noticed the gun selection was scant.
>>
>>322055224
You say that but 80% of teams on hard need me to zerk tank waves 8, 9, 10, and 11. At wave 5 you can tell if your team is gonna handle, and most of the time they cant.
Better off playing SU/HOE honestly, at least people know what they're doing.
>>
-feels like i'm shooting BB guns with the commando perk
-current strongest weapon for commando and some classes is too weak
-boss is literally a bullet sponge and less lethal so unless your whole team knows what they're doing and work together, you will spend about some time trying to kill him unlike kf1 where as long as you shoot him, he ded
-game has crosshair, they refused to add a crosshair and make it harder to add a crosshair on kf1, yet they instantly put a crosshair option on kf2
-aimbot mode with controller
-no personality, old trader was annoying, but at least she had some personality, voice messages were also fun to listen to
>>
>>322051483
I'm not exactly pleased, but I am having lots of fun. The game is beyond far from perfect though, and really I'll have to wait another year or two when Tripwire finally gives us a couple of balance changes to really judge how the classes work. Although one thing I can say right now is that since they've confirmed they make their balance changes based on normal difficulty I most certainly don't expect the balance to improve by much, if at all, in the coming years unless they change that policy.
>>
>>322051483
is it fuck
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.