[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just emulated Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3. For some reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
I just emulated Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3.
For some reason I don't enjoy playing DKC3 and I can never finish it.

What went wrong with that game?
>>
For starters, no David Wise.
>>
I don't know. I can't really tell you why you didn't like it. I thought it was the best one and 2 was the worst.
>>
KIDDY K⋆NG
>>
KIDDY KNG
>>
>>322037707
>a literally who
The game is good, you just have shit taste
>>
>>322037492
this 4 cant go wrong.
>>
>>322037492
Finish it and I'll tell you
>>
>>322037492
Two of the biggest things I enjoy about the series is the atmosphere and the music. In my opinion, for atmosphere 1>2>3, and for music 2>1>3. 3 is still a great game, but if you played the three too close together, and in order, you may be a bit spent by the third one. Also, to people saying Kiddy Kong, sure he's a faggot, but he doesn't really sour the experience since he plays exactly the same as any other character (aside from Dixie).
>>
>>322037707
David Wise was involved, he just did most of the menu/NPC music.
>>
>>322037492
Stages are fairly bland, story is lacking, music isn't as memorable, game probably rushed cause of super nintendo going out, kiddy kong, rehashed enemies that look fucking creepy, weird world map elements added.

Probably more idk
>>
Really? It's my favorite, maybe because it was the one I played the most. I never finished 1 and 2, though
>>
Not Gregg Mayles, same with DK64.
>>
>>322037492

I personally found DKC1/2 to be my favorites, but DKC3 isn't bad by any means. However, I definitely didn't like the overall design (such as the enemies) when compared to DKC1/2. On the other hand, 3 has fucktons more content, along with all that secret shit like the banana bird mom.
>>
>>322037492
It lacked the music and atmosphere of the previous games. Plus, it was the same basic game for the third time in a row so people were just tired. Still as solid platformer though.
>>
It has the best boss battles of the 3
>>
>>322037492
You must be retarded OP, because it's fantastic
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>322042374
>>
File: Unforgiveable.jpg (40 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
Unforgiveable.jpg
40 KB, 640x432
>>322042673
at-at-at-at-at-at-at-at-at-at
>>
>>322041816
This. It's not bad by any means, but it still falls short of its predeccors in pretty much all regards.

Also, I found some of those stage gimmicks it had (koindozers, lightning, hungry fish...) just annoying, so that kinda downs the replay value for me.
>>
File: Bleak.gif (11 KB, 328x232) Image search: [Google]
Bleak.gif
11 KB, 328x232
2>1=3
>>
>>322043920
>=3
fuck off back to reddit
>>
>>322044189
t. alberto barbosa
>>
File: Duane.webm (179 KB, 532x385) Image search: [Google]
Duane.webm
179 KB, 532x385
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qxgzPzkDNk
>>
>playing dkc3 on a modded wii with cousin who is bad at everything

>make it to the spider boss

>im kiddy hes dixie

>easy fight for dixie, but cousin is terrible

>cant memorize the simple patterns of the spider and keeps dying

>takes us over 50 tries to beat the second boss

>we are both 25

This shit was a kids game back in my day, goes to show how casual games are now a days.
>>
I liked the game. My only gripe is how different kiddy and dixie are. If you lose the wrong kong in a zone, you can be pretty fucked
>>
>>322047060
git gud
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.