[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGSV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
Can we all agree this is the worst thing that happened in 2015?
>>
Pretty much. Disappointment of the year
>>
I enjoy it
>>
I loved it, so I disagree with you.
>>
>>322030482

I liked it a lot.
>>
>>322030482
kill yourself retard
>>
>>322030482
Biggest disappointment sure, I still put in hundreds of hours regardless just on how nice it feels to play.
>>
>>322030482
This is the 700th thread about this desu

It's a game that did not live up to many people's expectations; and simultaneously met some others expectations without problems

I didn't like it. Others do. Some also don't

Worst thing in 2015 in my opinion isn't the game, it's Kojima and Konami not owning up to both of their ducking mistakes
>>
>>322030482
No, I loved it.
>>
File: aaaaaaaw yeeeeea.png (312 KB, 656x507) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaw yeeeeea.png
312 KB, 656x507
>>322030482
at least we can justify it by blaming konami.
>>
>>322030482
Fallout 4 was worse though we expected it from Bethesda.
>>
File: 1421846148661.jpg (133 KB, 898x673) Image search: [Google]
1421846148661.jpg
133 KB, 898x673
>>322030482
MGSV is very special on a meta level.

It's a flawless video game, everything works the way it should and was intended to be. It's polished to near perfection and also feels that way. On the other hand, MGSV is everything you would not expect from an MGS game.

I absolutely hate to say this but "It's a great game but a bad MGS."

I'm just so conflicted when it comes to TPP. I've played it for a hundred hours like a maniac and enjoyed myself. But... in the end it felt like a denied orgasm. It blueballs you throughout the game and there's no pay-off.

>MGSV is a denied orgasm

Bravo Kojima for phantom paining my metaphorical balls.
>>
>>322031306
buttblasted you can't run the game on your toaster?
>>
STOP CRITICIZING THIS FLAWLESS GAME IT MAKES ME FEEL INSECURE
>>
That and Fallout 4.
I can agree.
>>
>>322030482
#GamerGate and the proliferation of PC gamers in general was the worst thing that happened in 2015
>>
>>322031456
Relax your ass fanboy. Fallout 4 is a 7/10 at best.
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
>>322030482

It was intentionally left unfinished so Chapter 3 can be patched in by FOB updates. We still didn't get the Nuclear Disarmament cutscene.

If you go to the R&D platform and visit the Battle Gear, it still has a yellow marker over it. Code in the game was left indicating that it was supposed to be a playable buddy. Just like how the code for Quiet's Reunion was left in only to be patched in later.

The AI Pod has been updated with a rusted texture, indicating the passing of time. Check it for yourself.

Every [REPLAY] mission involves Quiet, Eli and Huey, all of which left Mother Base leaving you with Phantom Pain. Quiet's reunion was the first to be patched in.

Stop bitching and help us disarm nukes. The very last nuke will be the one left on Eli's Fly Kingdom.

>inb4 tinfoil hat

I bet you still think Kojima was forced by Konami to skip the VGAs. Geoff Keighly is in on the ruse cruise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSw6hu-K8QA&t=113m40s

Never be game over, boss. o7
>>
>>322031318
>my metaphorical balls
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>322030482
No, the team making FF VII's shitty remake is the worst thing that happened in 2015, in vidya.
>>
>>322030482
It'd a good game, but it was supposed to be the best game of the decade. It wasn't even the best game of the year.
>>
>>322031957
Why the nuclear disarment thing takes so long?
There's like 30 nukes left in 360 version and it just stays there.
Is the number being controlled by Konami?
>>
The fucking trailers had a better plot than the game. Fuck me.
>>
After playing it for over 1000 hours i can firmly say that the plot was painted with a VERY fine brush, it's basically on the level of the souls games in obscurity but without the pretense or expectation. It's all heavily obfuscated because you purposefully only get to see the game from a brain damaged amnesia'd slave-soldier, you basically have to have to have extensive story knowledge going all the way back to metal gear 1 or read the wiki to get a grasp on the shady shit big boss has been up to, and how it ties it all into both metal gear and metal gear 2.

Basically blah blah blah multiple phantoms blah blah blah big boss is running FOX blah blah blah BB uses diamond dogs and the subsidiary pf's to fuel the mercenary war in zanzibar.
>>
>>322031659
Oh yes, GG was so bad because reasons.
>>
>>322031318
>It's a flawless video game
Nah. Undoubtedly much of the negative reaction stems from the game being different than what was anticipated, but even on its own terms MGSV has some significant issues.
>>
It was damn well optimized and really is probably one of the few AAA titles released in 2015 to run well across most PCs
>>
>>322030482
its not undertale or witcher 3 so no
actually its fucking great compared to the names i listed before i never want to say ever again
>>
It was proof that a console game can both look decent and run at 60 fps. Other game devs are lazy fucks.
>>
>>322031659
[Citation needed]
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760 KB, 1024x768
>>322032326

>Why the nuclear disarment thing takes so long?

I'll explain. You see, people over at MGSPatriots are working together using IRC/Mumble to intentionally invade each other's FOBs. Why? Because if you EVER decide to break or attack a single thing on a FOB with a Nuke and fail, then a Blockade goes up that prevents everyone else from invading your FOB for a set time.

Every nuke you own increases that time by an additional 24 hours. During that period they build more nukes. You do the math. Retards then invade these "Nuke Heaven" FOBs and raise the blockade and die because they're idiots using lethal weapons.

On top of this bullshit and the "Nuke Tab" in MGSV being broken and the game unintentionally shitting out Phantom (bugged) Nukes, its basically a mix of technical shittery and people playing the metagame.

Unless Konami fixes this shit, we'll never get peace. But why would they? I paid $15 in micro transactions just to get my FOB beefed up to keep the fight going. Its not a cycle of revenge, but a cycle of greed.
>>
>>322031957
I just checked. There is no yellow marker over the Battle Gear and the AI pod is not rusted.

You are a liar.
>>
>tfw just playing MGO all day

infiltrator life
>>
I put 100 hours into it and enjoyed the gameplay a lot. The story was shit and the fact that it was unfinished is complete bullshit, but I can't say I didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>322034469
>11-year old little brother got TPP for Christmas
>"Oh, man, I've been asking for this! Thanks!"
>Holy shit he actually likes Metal Gear Solid
>I've been playing pretty much my entire life, so I've never been more proud
>Come to his room later
>"Hey, Anon, how do you start Metal Gear Online?"
>Tell him how
>Figure he wants to give it a shot (I mean, it's fair, you gotta try every part of a game)
>Fast-forward to today
>The fucker hasn't even completed A Hero's Way
>>
>>322034205

Check your iDroid for the marker.
>>
File: MGSvsTPPcharacters.png (1 MB, 1043x901) Image search: [Google]
MGSvsTPPcharacters.png
1 MB, 1043x901
>>322030482
>>
>>322030482
Gamergate was the worst thing to happen in 2015
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.