[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it go wrong /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 1280x720
Where did it go wrong /v/?
>>
After brotherhood.
>>
>>322027115
as soon as they introduced ezio

only the first game has good atmosphere and story
>>
It was always generic shit.
>>
Brotherhood.
The first game that was released only a year after the previous one.
>>
Brotherhood, because it wasn't supposed to happen.

Series' creator wanted a trilogy. Ubisoft wanted money. So they took his baby from him, retconned the plot so that they could make thousand games, which made him leave.

And this is what you have now. A series that lost its novelty and focus.
>>
>>322027743
>>322027421
>>322027142
This.
>>
>>322027115
When Brotherhood was the first yearly release but was also the only good one as it was shorter than AC2 but added enough new features and good mechanics to keep playing it which didn't make it better than AC2 but definitely made it a worthy successor.
Then Revelations was released and the rehashing began, where compared to Bortherhood the amount of new mechanics and features introduced was next to none.
The only notable ones I can mention are bomb crafting and the hook blade. I don't really want to remember the awful tower defense mode.
Then when AC3 came out and they actually changed things up they made it horribly streamlined compared to before and introduced the most boring MC in the entire series.
>>
revelations was a decent game to close out Ezio's story

3 is where it really went sour
>>
>>322027979
This, I sunk a ton of time into AC2 and Brotherhood near 100% them both.
I got through the main story of Revelations and that was about it the game held so little of my interest.
>>
I'm getting all of them soon.
>>
When they made brotherhood and decided to water down the series.
>>
>>322027979
>>322028241
You have to consider the fact that Revelations was supposed to be a handheld game or something. The higher ups practically told them to turn a DS game into a full game. Under 1 year.

Pretty respectable, but yeah. Other than the main story, Revelations unfortunately doesn't offer much. Still, I liked it for what it did. Great closure for Altair and Ezio.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.