[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been trying to get into XCOM: Alien Unknown since I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: XCOM-EU_Sectoids.jpg (150 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
XCOM-EU_Sectoids.jpg
150 KB, 610x343
I've been trying to get into XCOM: Alien Unknown since I got it from my wife's son for christmas out of some bargin bin i assume. To build a foundry to get more engineers i need 15 engineers and I have no idea how to break that 15 threshold. I just got the ability to research the skeleton key but don't have enough engineers for that either, and I'm down to 2 people left. Do I need to restart? The UK left the counsil and nigeria is on it's way out too.

The world is falling apart around me and all I can do is scan for threats.

my computer can barely run this game, too. it's chugging along at like 20 fps. Any way to reduce graphical fidelity?
>>
>>322026145
>XCOM: Alien Unknown
ayy
>>
Fucking casual. I bet you wouldn't even be able to handle UFO Defense
>>
>>322026145
Build new workshops, place workshops near each other for bonus. When getting an event to defend one location out of 3, go for the one that gifts engineers (unless panic reaches max for another region, then obviously go save it).
>>
What difficulty are you playing on? If you have never played XCOM game before and you are not hardcore gamer, just go with easy. If you are already on easy, you should restart. Do as many missions as you can, cause missions can grant you scientists, engineers and much more! If you want more advanced tips, google.
>>
>>322026385
>>322026565
what's ufo defense?

>>322026204
>04▶
>>>322026145 (OP)
>>XCOM: Alien Unknown
>ayy
??
>>
>reduce graphic fidelity
ever tried looking at the options?
>>
>wifes son
>responding to thread

cum on /v/ step it up
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 184x147) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 184x147
>>322026145
>my wife's son

Everytime.
>>
>my wife's son
here we go
>>
File: 1343779409165.jpg (311 KB, 640x850) Image search: [Google]
1343779409165.jpg
311 KB, 640x850
>>322026145
>my wife's son
/pol/, please.....gr8 b8 m8
>>
You want to be completing council requests to receive those engineers, like when countries ask you for materials or to put up a satellite over them. If you're only out two countries you should still be fine. The general answer to problems in the vanilla game is rush more sats.
>>
>>322026145
> from my wife's son

So... your kid? Usually fathers buy games for kids, not the other way around.
>>
>>322026145
>I got it from my wife's son for
>bargin bin i assume
>The world is falling apart around me and all I can do is scan for threats.
>my computer can barely run this game, too

Hooooooooooooo boy

Anyway you get engineers as mission rewards, always pick engineers over dosh and scientists.
>>
>>
>>322028571
>>322027201
how many games came before this one? where am i at in the series
>>
>>322027286
it's a complicated situation
>>
File: beerus whis.jpg (10 KB, 162x161) Image search: [Google]
beerus whis.jpg
10 KB, 162x161
>>322026145
>XCOM: Alien Unknown
...lol?
>To build a foundry to get more engineers i need 15 engineers and I have no idea how to break that 15 threshold.
Did you bother reading what workshops do?

Nice to see a casualfag trying something that isn't DSP-approved.
>my wife's son
awwww shiiit, this is a troll post. Didnt even catch that.
>>
>>322029413
you dont even post ecchi
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.