[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth $10?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: lotf.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lotf.jpg
218 KB, 1920x1080
Worth $10?
>>
pirated it and still had buyer's remorse
>>
>>322023084
they eventually cracked it?
>>
>>322023151
yeah

I don't even know why
>>
>>322022942
What game is this?
Is it shit?
>>
>>322022942
I bought it a while ago.
It's pretty underwhelming. The beginning is somewhat hard but after a certain point or weapon you just steamroll everything. Almost all of the bosses are jokes and the weapon and equipment progression is linear. You can use weaker weapons, but why should you? The new one you just found is a straight upgrade.
Magic is pretty meh too and not viable until playthrough two or more.
The level design is surprisingly okay though, at least in the first two thirds of the game. The last locations aren't that exciting.
Overall I would give it a 6/10. If you like Soul games its worth a look if you are really bored.
>>
>>322022942
Its pretty shit OP, its extremely clunky and what you would expect from some half assed western dev to produce when copying a souls-like game.

Its souls-lite, with a much shittier slower and less responsive combat system.
>>
Honestly, to everyone that is even wondering, it truly isn't worth it.

It's the kind of game that you feel like you're just in a shitty area or a shitty part or a shitty situation the entire game, expecting it to get better, get more fun, get better weapons, find better enemies, etc etc etc

And at the end of the game, you ask yourself why you even played it. I say all of this with sincerity, save yourself the frustration. The armor looks cool though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxUmdlhaxmA
>>
>>322022942
Thanks guys, I'll pass.
>>
Not IMO. Game tried to copy souls games but they didn't actually "get" it to begin with. Seems like it was made for all the wrong reasons and every single design choice (outside of graphic effects) is incredibly stupid.
>>
>>322026179
Are we talking about Dark Souls 2 now?
>>
>>322026260
I like DS2.
>>
>>322026358
Yeah and people like CoD.
>>
>>322024804
don't shill your terrible video here you ugly fuck
>>
>>322026483
I am an ugly fuck but I'm much more attractive than hbomberguy.
>>
>>322024804

jesus christ, how old are you?
>>
>>322022942
it's garbage

I wouldn't play it for free, and you're talking about spending $10 on it
>>
>>322026571
How old are you?
>>
>>322026716
25 :^)
>>
>>322022942

LotF combines the mechanics of Dark Souls with the art style and gear of Warcraft.

If that appeals to you, then you'll get ten dollars' worth of enjoyment out of the game.

I sunk forth hours or so into it before finally moving on to another game.
>>
>>322022942
For $10 I'd say yea.

I enjoyed the game and the story was interesting. Using giant weapons is what I like and this game really packed em in. So that got a +1 in my book. Luckily it isn't a glitchy mess, but there are some bullshit moments like jumping across pits in heavy armor.

I would say pick it up OP, its a good time burner for $10. Just be warned though, prepare for >30 fps if your rig isn't god tier.
>>
It's like Dark Souls but you don't die if you have to take a piss
>>
>>322026992
>can't play dark souls while pissing
Of course you'd prefer casual handholding bullshit.
>>
>>322024804
Didn't watch with sound on, but your camera and lighting is terrible. If you want to get views at least put some effort. This isn't 2007 anymore, shoddy videos won't get you noticed.
>>
>>322027098
Not everyone has a designated piss bottle.
>>
it's actually shit and I spent £40 for it.
>>
>>322027312
If you watch it with sound on then the whole camera and lighting thing makes sense, trust me. Just give it another shot.
>>
Yes. It immediately made me think of Warcraft as a singleplayer action game aesthetically. Be aware though, its not a direct rip off of Souls games, it is meerly as punishing and methodical, it is not a 1 to 1 copy and reskin, for instance the combat feels way clunkier, if you press attack you had best been committed and not just trying to score cheap hits in a small opening.
>>
>>322027386
It's not the developers' fault you don't own all the standard peripherals you fucking faggot.
>>
>Dark souls ripoff
>Game still tells you what to do
America everyone
>>
>>322027571
When they call it a dark souls rip they are referring to the combat.
>>
>>322022942
It's worth nothing.
>>
>>322023151
>why tell lies.

Just looked into pirating this. It has not been cracked so I played a friend's copy. It's not great. They just wanted to be dark souls but fucked everything up
>>
>>322022942
>Buy it on sale
>It's completely broken
Steam refunds are a godsend.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.