[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MINECRAFT CLASSIC IS BACK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: classicube.jpg (188 KB, 1419x825) Image search: [Google]
classicube.jpg
188 KB, 1419x825
MINECRAFT CLASSIC IS BACK
https://www.classicube.net/
>>
?????
how is vanilla minecraft a good thing? People wanted Notch to finish the damned thing for crying out loud.
>>
classic minecraft sucks dick, FTB infinity evolved is where it's at
>>
>>322011030
Since I'm almost certain nobody else will reply to OP, let me get something off of my chest: I still think Minecraft is okay. I've seen a lot of people criticize it for not offering enough - that's why mods are so popular, after all - but I'll still occasionally log on to my creative world and build something humorous or maybe play survival for a while. I really don't care who made it or how much of an asshole they are, the concept is still nice.
>>
>>322011030
the minecraft launcher lets you pick a version all the way back to indev IIRC

>>322011348
people get really fucking buttmad over shit like hunger and all that
>>
4craft when?
>>
Ugh this panders to the some of the most annoying types of people.
The "everything back then was better than today" crowd.
Fucking stop living in the past already.
Move on.
>>
Indev was the shit
>>
File: 1405232285243.gif (3 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1405232285243.gif
3 MB, 250x250
>>322011030
it was never gone, you can, and have been able to access it FOR FREE on Minecraft for years upon years

you on the other hand is trying to shill "classicube"
>>
>>322011437
Isn't FTB infinity evolved literally just minecraft with less shit?
>>
>>322012271
he's memeing dumb fuck, pay attention
>>
>>322012271
no it adds an enormous amount of things to the game, mostly a bunch of tech and magic
>>
File: never forget.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
never forget.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1000
>>322011657
Never ever

/a/ won
>>
>>322011030
this is the dumbest thing i've seen posted here.
>>
>>322011558
This.
I love joining creative servers.with my friends and make huge schlongs on the same creative plot.
>>
>have somewhat nice idea for a multiplayer map
>no knowledge of the tools to implement most of the content
>no willpower either
>>
I remember playing classic with /v/ back when MC was just rearing its head and limited to browser play. Pretty sure there was some lava mode where you had to build before the lava filled the map. Decent times.
>>
>>322012632
>/a/ won

From what i know horsefuckers ruined it with them rigging the map for easy diamonds while leaving all other board islands barren
>>
>>322011558
I think the game has become better since 1.8 beta in the more recent 1.7 updates that changed the world again, but it's still not the same

Mainly what I hate the most is how everything looks. It's not bright and colorful, but dark and dull. Especially swamps are depressing.
Even regular grassy dirt looks nowhere near as bright as it did in alpha and even beta.

Also. mods have killed Minecraft. Before they made it better, now they're even more dull than the game itself. Minecraft just died with the release of 1.8 beta.
>>
>>322014576
There were about 8 incarnations of 4craft. In the first one, /a/ dominated the map by the end by sheltering themselves in a geofront and gathering resources, occasionally raiding people. /jp/ was also assisting them by operating in a fort above ground on the other side of their island. 4craft was a really interesting thing, too bad it isn't around anymore

Overall, /a/ won the most definitely. v5 was probably /a/'s biggest loss. As someone who was with /a/, I know these things.
>>
>>322011348
Nostalgia, minecraft alpha was when the autistic 9 year old kids and cock sucking youtubers didn't even know that this game existed, it was only played by a bunch of people from /v/ and leddit.

There was supposed to be fun modes added to the game but the devs fucking ruined it and turned it into literal garbage after beta 1.8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8yP5ipKDvQ
>>
File: booster.png (419 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
booster.png
419 KB, 700x394
Newfags won't understand this
>>
>>322015405
I missed that shit, although powered rails are bretty good.
>>
File: 2015-12-17_00004.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-17_00004.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1080
It's time to move on
>>
>>322011030
Why? Minecraft alpha was fucking terrible, and Notch never finished the game he promised
>>
>>322016643
They are slow as shit though, I used those for their speed more than just needing a booster

Riding the carts real fast to get between all my far away mines was much more fun than using portals. Plus portals came out with that shitty hunger mechanic I think, or was that slightly after

Regardless, hunger kills the vanilla game completely. If your friends dislike using too many mods you're just fucked
>>
>>322015062
Poor management overall, servers running on poptarts in dorm rooms, and the general concept of board vs board being flawed were why 4craft has traditionally sucked.
>>
Has someone actually downloaded this?
Is it legit?
>>
>>322014591
>It's not bright and colorful, but dark and dull.
I always found the bright Fisher-Price aesthetic a little distracting. Sure, it's better than gritty brown all the time, but I think the way the colors are handled in the newer versions is fine.
>Mods have killed Minecraft.
Actually, from what I understand, they've kept it on life support. For whatever godforsaken reason, people keep churning out unnecessary and retarded-looking expansion packs or model changes that apparently have some kind of audience.
>>
>>322015405
that was the best
indev and infdev were the fucking golden years of minecraft
anyone that disagrees is an extreme autist
>>
https://www.classicube.net/server/list/

ded serbs
>>
>>322017450
This
>>
>>322015097
>Caring about a videogame community for a singleplayer game
You are right though, all the updates seemed to be focusing on adding things that are either useless, or only geared for adventuring.
My question is why is it that Microsoft spent all that money on the game and yet there haven't been any updates?
>>
>not playing cubeworld
lmao
>>
>>322018002
What's worse is how poorly Civcraft went.

>Get a fuckload of /v/, /pol/, /a/, /int/ and /k/ onto one server that runs fairly solidly
>Literally everyone making the decisions for each board's nation does nothing and the population fizzles out before anything interesting happens
>>
I have a idea for a possible MP server:

The world is composed of the following parts (from "periphery" to "center")
Bedrock wall->Ocean->small islands->Sea->starting islands->small sea->beach->inner area 1 to 3->center
The bedrock wall is mostly to prevent jokers from crashing the world by loading too much stuff (and it encompasses a very large area so no shortage of space), beach to center are all part of a massive continent in the middle of the map.

The premise is that the different "factions", each with their own starting area, are fighting for a McGuffin in the center of the map, whoever get the McGuffin to their island wins.

Catch is that the starting areas are more or less barren, with different faction's island having different stuff (eg: one has more starting ores, another has better Thaumcraft nodes, another is food rich, etc), so the players have to get to the continent to get resources and reach the objective.

However the continent is extremely hostile to the point that the beach (the easiest area) is more or less equivalent to the Nether in terms of difficulty, and the further you go in, the worse it gets.

As such players would need to exploit the various mods provided for all their worth and cooperate to advance (and even then it won't be easy)

Within the continent there are various features: some can be advantageous, some are just obstacles, some might pose a challenge but become useful if bested.

Moreover the inner parts of the continent are home to two particularly nasty "biomes" containing powerful mobs (think of the Taint), some of their drops might be necessary to advance within certain mods.

In the end, after defeating some persistent superbosses and reaching the center there will be a difficult fight against the guardians of the McGuffin, so difficult in fact that collaboration between multiple factions might be required to make any progress.

And after that... Well, there is only one McGuffin, puzzle the rest for yourself
>>
>>322017946
The hunger update and portals were way separate, portals were part of the nether update

Food is piss easy to get though I don't know why people whine so much about it. Just plant 3 watermelon vines and you'll have more food than you ever need, easy harvest. Less of a pain than going out to farm wood every once in a while.
>>
>>322020260
>harvesting watermelon yourself
>not setting up a fully automated melon crusher that dumps all the watermelon pieces into a chest via hopper
What else are you gonna do with all that redstone?
>>
>>322020260
It's a pointless addition though, it takes nothing to get over and serves only to waste your time and annoy you
>>
>>322020516
I guess I was already used to making food for healing anyway

People seem to forget that food used to be instant health potions so you would be farming a fuckton unless you were on peaceful no matter what
>>
>>322018419
>anyone that disagrees is an extreme autist
People who did this shit had extreme autism
>>
>>322017450
is lego worlds worth 10 bucks or will i play it and quit after a couple hours
>>
File: 2015-12-14_00002.jpg (469 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-14_00002.jpg
469 KB, 1920x1080
>>322021369
I have over 150 hours in Lego Worlds because I like building.

If you don't like building then the discovery part will only last a couple hours.

Note, the beta release that got put out before Christmas has some bad bugs, use the not-beta branch or wait for the bugfix in January.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.