[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just did some brief calculations 7,000 TF2 Keys sold per day,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: steampennies.png (162 KB, 757x744) Image search: [Google]
steampennies.png
162 KB, 757x744
I just did some brief calculations

7,000 TF2 Keys sold per day, slightly less on the other types of keys (13 or 14 more key types in total) = around 70,000 Keys sold per day. Cards are 100,000 per day on Holiday cards and 1,000 per day on other types of cards, and roughly 30,000 trading cards on Steam and rising meaning something like 30,000,000 cards and half of them selling tens of copies per day.

What this means is that Steam is probably earning a few hundred thousand to half a million $ per day from game items alone, and at least $1,000,000 per day on just trading cards, during the sales that's probably at least double in trading cards alone.

Yet when you tell people you make a living selling video game digital goods they look at you like you're retarded.

Does /v/ ever buy or sell cards or items? Have you made any profit?
>>
>>321997025
>steam money
>real
/thread
>>
File: kek.gif (2 MB, 200x313) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2 MB, 200x313
>>321997135
I see this quite often too, why do people actually believe you can't convert Steam wallet to and from USD, GBP, Euros, Bitcoins, Wonka Bars or whatever other currency you want to use?

Are you guys just retarded or is it some meme I'm not getting?
>>
File: must move rapidly.gif (98 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
must move rapidly.gif
98 KB, 550x400
So if I sell trading cards and use that money to buy a game, who gets money and where did it come from
>>
>>321997409
steam money is not a recognized currency,fuck off back to making a killing on 2 cent csgo skins you fucking hack,lmfao.
>>
>>321997409
Where exactly are you converting any of these steam funds into your USD?
>>
>>321997409
Just buy expensives skins (CSGO knives etc.) and sell them to fucktards for real money
>>
>>321997409
I've sold TF2 items for real money before, but the process is so shady and draconian--like Diablo 2 Russian nightmare trading days--that it would not be a stable living as, say, goldfarming in WoW/EVE
>>
>>321997512
Valve and the game developer. Basically Valve makes 0-15% twice and the developer/publisher make a portion of the rest.

>>321997638
You not recognizing it doesn't make it any less valuable and transferrable to any other currency, fuck off back to making shitposts and ignoring reality you fucking quack lmfao.

>>321997707
I mainly use BTC because it has less loss, less transfer cost and more universal exchange. Personally I sell games and make profit twice, other people tend to sell keys for paypal or bitcoins. I'll only sell for GBP if and when I need to shift large volumes of 1000+ keys per day for example.
>>
My total takings from selling stuff on steam is somewhere in the range of $10-20, enough to have got me some money off games here and there and to have bought whole games when they've been on sale.
>>
>>321998046
This also means I can automate selling/conversion to BTC and don't have to worry about working out any numbers. Some people like to worry about the pennies but I err on the side of volume.
>>
File: JUST.png (173 KB, 304x404) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
173 KB, 304x404
>>321998046
>btc
>>
>>321997512
it was valves money to begin with.
the amount that valve takes from each trade gets removed from the public money pool (user's wallets)
so its like they are giving you a dollar that you can spend in their store and nowhere else.
>>
>>321998142
I can honestly say I don't know a damned thing about BTC.
>>
>>321998284
>USD, Euros, GBP etc aren't real currencies meme

>>321998287
No, the end point is always the customer, even with trading cards. It's essentially free money for Valve, just as charges are essentially free money for banks, the customer always pays for it.

They're not creating money, they're creating "value" and selling it.
>>
>>321997025
There used to be a larger hat trading community back when TF2 was introductory to shitty and flavorful hats. I bought and sold smaller hats as well as scammed some unusuals. I got a strange machina from a crate by using a key that I got during a trade. Sold it for 150 steambux. Bought a bunch of games with it.

You can sell it over paypal using trading sites. Always make a payment as a gift, never as a transaction. That way it can't be "revoked"
>>
>>321998312
You can replace BTC with whichever currency you like, which incidentally is one of the reasons I use it. My primary reason is universal and cheap conversion though, since I use multiple currencies.
>>
>>321998046
>BTC
>less loss
Hahahaha, man how fucking delusional are you? I can't wait until it crashes again.
>>
>>321998616
Yeah, making and spending currency sure is delusional, stupid me deluded into thinking I'm actually paying my bills and buying groceries and living off of my imaginary cash.
>>
>>321998751
Whoa, I'm not questioning the legitimacy of it all. I'm just saying you're fucked if it crashes because it's like investing into a SINGLE stock. I used to buy things off of silk road you dolt. You're just a muppet for investing in a single stock.
>>
autism
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 438x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 438x432
>>321998948
Thats not very nice anon. Dont judge people on their living conditions
>>
>>321997025
Last summer I bought 10$ worth of CSGO keys and boxes as I did every month. I ended up getting a case hardened bayonet, it was pretty intense as I was very excited. I checked the average price and was a bit worried that only 2 had been sold in the past 24 hours. If i remember correctly it was worth 200 on average. I'm a poor fag and I really wanted some new games especially Arma 2 and the dayz mod. Sold it for 160$ and the steam summer sale was underway. I ended up getting enough games that im still busy with all of them. I was so happy.
>>
>>321998948
I'm not, I'm using BTC amongst several other currencies as a method to put cash in my bank. But since you brought it up it's hardly dangerous to invest in a stock that has and by every sensible industry, banking, wall street/stock and government prediction will continue to increase in circulation and value. No more so than any other at least. The switch is that it's smaller than some and a lot more volatile, but those are also easy to deal with unless you're doing something stupid.
>>
File: 20141002_091348.jpg (3 MB, 3096x4128) Image search: [Google]
20141002_091348.jpg
3 MB, 3096x4128
my only real profit i ever made selling something was a Golden Gravelmaw that I got along with this thing from the Volvo store

I sold it for around 320 euro
>>
>>321999660
I've always wondered what the value per hour is in playing games that drop items.

I.e. TF2 and Dota 2 might be $0.005/hour when averaged and CSGO might be $0.01/hour. I remember Chinese bot farms were quite common in the early days of TF2.
>>
>>321999525
So essentially you're Forex'ing?
>>
>Yet when you tell people you make a living selling video game digital goods they look at you like you're retarded.
No one thinks this if you can sell them for actual legitimate currency
>>
File: sad joos.jpg (249 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
sad joos.jpg
249 KB, 2048x1365
>you will never relive the Golden era of Mannconomy between 2010 and 2013
owell, atleast I liquified all my shit for PP money before the big crash
>>
>>322000613
No, I'm selling goods for money utilizing multiple currencies

>>322000783
You'd be surprised. There're examples of it in this thread
>>
>>321997135
someone has to put in real money for the credit to exist

plenty of people are willing to do exchanges for traditional currency

several money laundering rings have been exposed using the steam market and you can see suspect transactions quite easily now with the sales chart spikes and dips.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.