[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rune Factory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: rune factory 1.jpg (111 KB, 480x430) Image search: [Google]
rune factory 1.jpg
111 KB, 480x430
Why do people say the original game isn't worth playing? Its fucking great. Maybe it doesn't have as many features as newer titles, but its still got great music, is a somewhat challenging action RPG, has qt grills, good art, and lots to do around town.

Also Rune Factory thread. Post best girl.
>>
>>321995097
How much better is rf4 than rf 3?
I want to play a comfy autism game while I'm off from school but paying for it sounds shitty. I'm willing to do it if it's a lot better though.
>>
>isn't worth playing

Who says this? I really enjoyed the first too and I've recommended it before in DS threads without anyone saying anything negative about it.
>>
>>321995419
Most people in RF threads say to skip to 3 and 4.
>>
>>321995097
The first one was the weakest in the series in combat and just how clunky the controls felt. Frontier fixed a lot of that so most people say skip 1 and just play Frontier.

2 starts really slow, but when 2nd generation starts, shit gets real fast. It also has my favorite overall story of all the RF games.

3 was really solid gameplay wise and the characters were memorable. Talking to everyone didn't feel like a chore, I was interested in the whole fucking town.

4 was a lot like 3. Some characters were weaker, but there were also a few stand outs. Post game dungeons are also tons of fun.
>>
>>321995509
Ah, well that's normal to suggest the newest installments I suppose, I took it that people were saying bad things about it.

RF has been a series with pretty consistent, solid, entries. Unlike Harvest Moon (which isn't Harvest Moon anymore) where games are hit or miss.
>>
File: Rff-melody.jpg (96 KB, 600x970) Image search: [Google]
Rff-melody.jpg
96 KB, 600x970
The original and frontier are the only ones i play
I can't stand the art style they changed to so i never bothered with any of the others
Also best girl is hard to decide, mist is a pro-tier pick, white/black iris is cute as fuck but i'll always go for melody the bath witch.
>>
Where is the soundtrack to 1? (CD version)I keep looking around for it online but all I can find are 3,4, and Frontier's OST.
>>
>>321995097
None of the RF games ever hooked me like FoMT and AWL did.

Are any of the other HM-type games and spinoffs any good?
>>
>>321996114
>HM-type games and spinoffs any good?
I can only vouch for Story of Seasons being good, especially considering how horrible the previous two HM games were. It's a little slow to start, but picks up afterwards.
>>
File: tabatha rune factory.jpg (75 KB, 500x900) Image search: [Google]
tabatha rune factory.jpg
75 KB, 500x900
Best girl coming through.
>>
I like RF2 a lot more than most people. Barrett is a great character, never expected him to be the rugged mentor to your kid and help train him to kill dragons.

>Story:
RF2 > RF4 > RF1 > RF3
>Characters:
RF3 > RF2 > RF4 = RF1
>Gameplay:
RF4 = RF3 > RF2 = RF1
>>
>>321995097
The only thing that makes the 1st/2nd not worth it is if you played 3/4, and only if you can't adapt. All the games are good in their own right but man 1/2 feel slow/clunky compared to 3 and onwards. Hell frontier feels incredibly slow compared to 3/4
>>
>>321997421
My only gripe with 2 is that the 1st half is almost pointless besides picking a wife, you can barely explore/do anything, start off with solid tools, and so on. I really wish theyd do it again and have each gen be a full experience.
>>
RF4 was shit.
>>
Where do I find RF1's soundtrack? Seriously, it isn't anywhere.
>>321995751
The artstyle changed? I honestly think the older games and newer ones look similar. I don't see it.
>>
>>321995509
I always suggest the opposite because it's hard to play the older titles once you get used to the better features of the new titles.
>>
Which ones can be emulated on PC?
>>
>>321995097
Why the fuck is RF3 so hard.

I can't beat the fucking first boss.
Why are the days so fucking short
help
>>
>>321999596
Not him but its not exactly drastic overall, the biggest changes were that your character looks progressively younger/feminine. Heck Raguna was already on the line, RF2's got closer, and 3 went over it.

>>321999863
Shouldn't play on hard, also start crafting
>>
>>321998680
How do I even start part 2? I can't seem to get past the beginning. also Clorica and Pia are the best girls in the series
>>
>>321999949
What the fuck put me on hard mode
>>
>>322000425
Been awhile but if you say the very 1st mob you fight in the tutorial was super easy, the games thinks you're a badass and puts you on hard mode.
>>
>>322000382
in RF2? Marry a girl, and wait through the pregnancy phase, oh and build the school i think, once all thats done Say goodbye to your mc
>>
>>321995097
I kinda miss the concept of carefully plan how to advance in a dungeon. is silly try to beat a whole dungeon in 1 single trip. the feeling of craft the ultimate sleeping bag and be able to spend entire days inside of a dungeon getting drops and shit.

yeah magic was a mess and a waste of Rp and the combat was slow but I liked it because it was more a thing of be careful and do not charge into everything and do 385HITS,ULTRACOMBOFINSHER.

Also Bianca is best girl
>>
>>322000689
Personally felt dungeons were better in later games than they were in 1/2. Frontier overall i feel did it best in terms of planning/preparation since those places were massive and there was no sleeping bags to abuse.

I will give you that once you got crafting down in 4 though the game becomes a joke, the augment stuff is broken as can be. If you dont abuse/unaware of that, the dungeons are fairly challenging.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.