[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been waiting on Fallout 4 to go on sale.. now I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: SC.jpg (229 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
SC.jpg
229 KB, 1280x719
I've been waiting on Fallout 4 to go on sale.. now I've discovered Star Citizen. I can only afford one. Opinions? I've loved the fallout franchise (since 3 at least..), and I've also been looking for a game like SC for a long time.. I'm on the fence. They are both around the same price now. No idea which to choose. Helllllp.
>>
>>321974016
one you can pirate one you can't.

damn son big tough decision senpai.
>>
Fallout 4 is shitty.
Star Citizen has a 50% chance of turning out not being shitty and is cheaper.

Save the money, buy SC when it's out and if it's good.
>>
>>321974016
One is shitty and one isn't finished.
>>
Fuck. I'd been trying to ignore all the people saying 4 is shit, but I guess it's time to actually acknowledge it. That really sucks. Was hoping it was just people talking shit for fun.. Guess I'll wait on Fallout. If it's really that bad hopefully I can just catch it on g2a for cheap some day.

I guess SC it is. Thanks.
>>
>>321974016
SC isnt even close to finished and you wont get too see if its good or not for at least a year

FO4 is fairly okay for a game. /v/ loves to hate on it because thats the fotm, but at the end of the day its still one of the better open world games to come out in a while.

Honestly you're better off getting FO4, at least thats a game.
>>
>>321974964
>Honestly you're better off getting FO4, at least thats a game.

Boom diggy, OP. That's the key to unlock the answer to your question.

>paying for early access
>>
>>321974016
Don't get either of them

SC will fall flat on its face. FO4 is crap.
>>
>paying for early access
ahahahaha

FO4 is a shit rpg but a pretty good action game that can easy last you at least 60 hours
>>
>>321974383

Incorrect. They're both shitty and unfinished.
>>
FO4 is shit. Would have said the same about SC two months ago, but the recent update has actually instilled some confidence in me... its really shaping up. BUT not everyone is enthusiastic about it. Im still cautiously optimistic. Having playes FO4 though, I can say SC is the best of the two choices.
>>
>>321974864

Why are you even asking /v/? Fallout 4 is pretty good and you'll get many hours out of it.

I'd go with that
>>
>>321974864
>asking /v/ wether a game is shit or not
son, you're fucking retarded.
>>
Both are shit but FO4 is finished and has less french in it.
>>
>>321974016
Star mexican. Get it.
F4 is forgettibel. No replay value.
No rpg elements just a shooter.
In sc you get spaze combat, fps/ground combat and you can rp with other peopel.
>>
Dont buy either, fallout 4 isnt even a fallout game anymore..

JUst wait until Star Citizen is out so theres no chance you get burned
>>
>>321974016
SC is only 30 bucks. If your poor go with that
>>
> I've also been looking for a game like SC for a long time.

Then you're going to have to wait longer because Star Citizen is not a game yet. It's a buggy mess of a tech demo. There is little enjoyment to be had from this alpha.
>>
>>321977395
Still the techdemo offers more bang for his buck then f4.

It is taking shape and when its done it will be much greater then f4.

Its a tech demo at the moment but a mighty fun one.
>>
As someone who has a 200 dollar ship in star citizen, go buy Elite Dangerous. its 15 dollars and you'll enjoy it much more.
>>
>>321974016
one is a shitty game. the other isn't a game.

buy accordingly.
>>
Well fuck. Now idk again. God damn it.
>>
>>321974016
Get F4 on piratebay and SC on Steam.
>>
>>321978494
Fuck that shit. I've spent about 50 hours in that shitty game and had the most fun just learning how to play it.

I'd rather play space engine or pioneer than that bland ass shitty excuse for a space sim.

Everything feels fake and lifeless, the combat feels like you are driving around engaging in blimb vs blimb combat, and every task is grindy and repetitive as shit. You do any task once in that game and you've seen everything there is to see.
>>
>>321980787
Why are you shilling a crowdfunded game anon.
>>
>>321974016
I've played way more Fallout 4, but enjoyed my time more vandul swarm and dogfighting with my bro in Starcitizen. To be fair I loved the fuck out of wing commander, tie fighter, and freelancer.

Fallout 4 was better than skyrim in my opinnion, but I'm sure its much more enjoyable if you haven't played fallout 3 and NV.
>>
>>321980872
I'm not shilling Starcitizen, I'm shit talking Elite Dangerous.
>>
Paul get out
>>
>>321978494
Eh. Most of those reviews aren't looking great. Graphics seem decent though. Maybe if I catch it on sale some day.

>>321980306
As much as I'd love to, I'm one of those giant steam library types so it has to go to be on steam.. plus i'd like the achievements. Is SC even coming to steam?

>>321980968
"if you haven't played fallout 3 and NV." Thaat's what I was afraid of. Great.

I think I'm starting to lean more towards Fallout and waiting on SC to actually release though.

I'm also on a 960 right now, and by the time SC releases I might be on a 980ti.. which I think would be a lot more demanding.

That's starting to seem like the right direction..
>>
>>321974016
Why don't you buy Elite: Dangerous that is for ~13$ on Steam for the moment if you don't take the extension "Horizon" for the beginning ?

At least, SC and Elite are not totaly finished :
SC want to release all on the same time, Elite want to release an absolutely playable version and add extension with time. But at the end Elite and SC will be with the same gameplay, same interaction of the planets, players walking into ships, etc. The only thing that is not on Elite is that SC want to work more on planets to make these contents less random than Elite. All making by their hand.
>>
>>321983820
E:D is devoid of any real content, and is not planning on having the same level of depth or care in any of its mechanics.

It is a game you play for a dozen hours and then uninstall because you've seen everything there is to see and played all there is to play. It is a grind simulator that lacks any kind of passion, player agency, or uniqueness.

It is shit.
>>
>>321974016
This is like saying you feel like some strawberries so should you buy some strawberries or plant a strawberry bush and maybe get some in a year or two. Where's the fucking issue? One of the options doesn't even exist.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.