[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys always shit on LoL and say how much better dota2 is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (37 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
37 KB, 460x215
You guys always shit on LoL and say how much better dota2 is so im downloading it right now to try it. I know im probably just going to get troll answers but what exactly makes dota2 harder then LoL. Also, if I like characters like yasuo and fiora is there any character equivlents in dota2 I shoudl try?
>>
There are no equivalents.
Uninstall right now, we don't want your kind here.
>>
>ASSFAGGOTS
You'll only get mad at Russians in solo queue.
>>
DOTA destroys lives. Don't get started. I used to be an energetic soul that viewed the world around me with passion and interest. Now I'm a broken shell of a man that dreads clicking "FIND MATCH" but continues to do so because the game has broken me.
>>
>>321973928
Fair enough but it will take more than that to deter me.
>>
>>321974076
play juggernaut for a relatively easy hero and to see what fiora's ult could have been
>>
>>321974076
Okay, not him but I have a personal experience on what you're up agaisnt.
I was a former league player that made the switch once I got tired of how boring league was and how little variety there is.
Dota in itself is a pretty good game, overhyped by the fanbase? absolutely, but it's still a great game in itself, however the community is only slightly better than in league once you get past the absolute potato bracket MMR. Instead of getting little kids underneath the age of 15 each game, you now get random retards that have zero business queuing in your side of the world since they cant even speak their language, they will then get extremely pissy if you try to tell them anything, the best option is simply to mute them and try to work with them, but overall the age difference in both games is extreme.
The complexity is incredibly overhyped in the form of two heroes, mainly meepo and invoker "SUCH SKILL HOLY SHIT" But the reality is, most of the complexity comes from miniscule rules that you have to remember over the course of months, hell I've been playing for over a year and I'm constantly finding myself having to re-learn and remember spell rules, which spells have the exact effect in order to bypass [x], if you don't have the patience for that sort of thing, I truly dont recommend making the switch
And the learning curve, dear lord.
Even with being diamond 5 in league, I still shit the bed hard in dota because it's just so different, you will feed and you will get paired with shitty ass teamates, but remember that it's all a learning experience and you're there to get better, don't expect all of your knowledge to transfer at all.
On top of that, just when you think yourself "hey, this is easy, I got it all figured out!" That's when the memorizing game begins with the spells and mechanics.
cont.
>>
File: 1417580475432.gif (2 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1417580475432.gif
2 MB, 350x263
>>321975383
Unlike league, dota has magic immunity, ghost / ethereal form, basic / hard dispels, repels, and a whole other list of bullshit, and that's where the fun begins with what spells are blocked or purged or dispelled by which or what, and you can see where the annoyance I was talking about earlier comes in, there is a huge list on these minuscule rules and basic knowledge that will easily determine your skill level simply because you have knowledge on the game itself and can either make or break a game.
But that's also where a lot of the fun comes from
In league, most heroes are extremely basic down to "q- do some damage in skillshot, w- mobility or armour ability, e - some auto buff or stun, r- TONS OF DAMAGE!!!" But in dota, most heroes are much more specialized in the roles they can offer and generally cause a massive dick move to the other person, and the spells are generally give much more room to play around.
Abilities that will sap raw damage, abilities that can teleport globally with zero restrictions, disable for more than 4+ seconds, spells that will cause your respawn timer to actually be extended if you are killed by it, and a lot of other fun stuff that makes the game with how much more impact they have in comparison to just spamming shit all over the place, spells have meaning to them and items provide a much more varied playstyle for all heroes
>>
>>321975915
shut up nerde all she needs to know is to pick juggernaut and press r on the enemy when their away from minions
>>
>>321975915
However this also means all of this can and you bet your sorry ass it WILL be used against you. there are heroes dedicated to fucking you over, there are heroes that will drain what little mana you have, there are heroes that will make you unable to flee no matter what if you're caught out and generally make your life a living hell, and the learning curve is even more unforgiving when you have zero clue what to expect or what to even do in these situations simply because you can be fucked over in many more ways, if you have a short patience and generally get frustrated at this type of shit, dota is just going to leave you incredibly unsatisfied
>>
>>321973813
Literally just play the game, basically nothing you learnt from league will give you any level of advantage because even though the concept is the same, it plays completely differently.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.