[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you imagine how much of a let down the FF7 remake Episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: ff7 cloud hilarious.jpg (53 KB, 670x388) Image search: [Google]
ff7 cloud hilarious.jpg
53 KB, 670x388
Can you imagine how much of a let down the FF7 remake Episode 1 is going to be when it just ends after Jenova Life? No "ok that was a bit of a climax but now just insert disc 2..." but rather "lol now wait 3-4 years!" Can you even imagine Jenova Life as a suitable final boss for a 'complete' product?

Really, FF7's plot was not designed to be episodic. You need a rather large climax to make people feel that even Episode 1 was worth it, and while multipart games sometimes succeeded on that by doing the scenario with that in mind, this simply is not the case for FF7 as the scenario was planned as a self contained single game.
>>
Multipart games are fucking garbage, just like most movie trilogies are.
I'd rather wait 5 more years and pay $100 than getting something designed around episodic shit.
>>
>>321939928
Episodic bullshit honestly killed the hype for me. Just gonna wait until they release the GOTY collection or what the fuck ever they call it.
>>
File: rage0.jpg (80 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
rage0.jpg
80 KB, 400x300
>>321939928
I'm just gonna hold my anger until I see how they actually cut it. But this did really kill the hype for me.
>>
this game is literally Duke Nukem Forever.
Too much hype, and then the developers ruin the game by trying to reinvent the wheel.
>>
>>321939928
the only way i see this working out in any feasible way is that they cut the first episode after cloud falls into the life stream and the weapons awaken, and then everything else for the second episode. Thats the only way i can see this working out, as it would make it a perfect cliff hanger. Still sucks though
>>
It is NOT going to be episodic, SQEX has already clarified. It's going to be split up into different games, much like the XIII trilogy. It's too massive of a project to be released all at once, we've known that before the game was even announced.
>>
>>321939928
They'll make sure it's more epic this time around so it can serve as a nice final boss.
>>
>>321939928
>Can you imagine how much of a let down the FF7 remake Episode 1 is going to be when it just ends after Jenova Life?
it'll end before you even meet aerith
>>
Video game "journalists" are just as bad as Fox news. Square never said the game would be episodic, they said it would be multi-part, people just starting making assumptions and spreading their made up stories.
>>
>>321941630
There's no way they can only have 2 episodes, or at least I doubt it.

>>321943086
>It is NOT going to be episodic, SQEX has already clarified. It's going to be split up into different games, much like the XIII trilogy.

That's what we mean too, Shidney Shillinberg. And it doesn't work. FF13 can be taken as a stand alone story. FF7 disc 1 cannot
>>
>>321939928
Honest to god I've never played the thing so I can't be let down.

I think heard there's a good stopping point when they leave Midgar, which would make some decent sense.
Make a semilinear or smaller open world within the city, and then work on the big world after letting everybody get their wank on a bit.
>>
>>321943487
>Square never said the game would be episodic, they said it would be multi-part,
This is the same thing, anon. Xenosaga: Episode 1, 2 and 3. A multi-part game. The difference is that Xenosaga was written to be like that and FF7 was not.
>>
>>321943563
Just go emulate that shit

>>321939928
I realized before the announcement that Squeenix couldn't handle it, and since then it's just been tumbling down with each new thing I learn.

My only hope now is they surprise me and it's not actually as awful as it looks like it'll be.
>>
>>321943862
>Just go emulate that shit
I feel like waiting.
>>
>>321943086

>It's going to be split up into different games, much like the XIII trilogy.

Except XIII wasn't one fucking game split into three items for sale.
>>
>>321939928

Its Neo Squeenix, being shit was unavoidable. People forget that this isn't the same Square that created this game back then. They are going to monetize everything they possibly can for maximum profit.
>>
>>321939928
>>321940956
It's almost certainly going to end with the Motorbike chase or them escaping Midgar.
>>
There is literally nothing good that came out of this remake announcement, I don't know why people wanted it so badly with the state of the games industry these days.

>butchered combat system
>episodic / split up in some form
>content "reworked" due to muh social issues
>world map will 100% be removed because muh graphics and limited areas
>>
Are you faggots also complaining about the new Star Wars story being split into three movies instead of it being released as a single 10 hour long movie "when it's done" in however many years?
>>
>>321945604
Congratulations on the most retarded post I've read in the last 15 minutes.
>>
>>321945440
>butchered combat system

Final Fantasy VII had a mediocre as fuck combat system to begin with, and this is coming from someone who likes turnbased games. I'll gladly take a Kingdom Hearts clone over the original system.
>>
>>321945746
It isn't a Kingdom Hearts clone, it's very clearly "inspired" by the 15 combat. Kingdom Hearts 2 had great combat, but this isn't that.
>>
>>321945691
But I can't wait for the next one, it's a single story and I want it now. If they can release a single part now that means they should have had the entire thing done by now. I shouldn't have to wait so long for it. They're just trying to milk us!
>>
>>321943086
The only problem with that statement is that FFXIII had a self contained story that got fucked by making FFXIII-2 that ended up overriding the ending
>>
Kiseki does multi-part releases just fine, and TiTS in particular was planned to be a single title before being split up due to scope, so this could work out fine, theoretically speaking.
>>
So is the game episodic or split into pieces?

i.e. is it like a telltale game or is it like ff13
>>
It will end with Cloud falling into the church.
You won't see Aeris or anywhere outside of Midgar for all of Ep. 1.
>>
>>321947987
It's closer to how XIII was with it's sequels which were made from the established engine, assets and mechanics into full length games rather than the telltale 2 hour episode nonsense shitposting.
>>
Part 1 is going to end when you fight Reno for them first time
>>
>Can you imagine how much of a let down the FF7 remake Episode 1 is going to be when it just ends after Jenova Birth?

Fixed
>>
>>321948310
No fucking way thats so early. Its gotta be when you hop on the boat
>>
>>321943563
I can't down with that. If Episode One is only going to be events occurring in Midgar, then it's going to be pretty short unless they really expand on the Avalanche storyline and add more to it then just "make the thing go boom!" They'd probably also have to expand on the Aerith portion of the storyline. A lot more would probably need to happen in Midgar to make this a viable part one. If it's too short and content-less, people WILL definitely stop supporting the project.
>>
>>321945746
The Materia system is still one of my favorite stat systems in RPGs, it rewards you with abilities for grinding over raw stats for the most part which I enjoy.

It's of course busted as fuck but just about every FF is.
>>
>>321947781
The issue with that is the original game was one massive story. It's pretty much like that with EVERY Final Fantasy game. The few sequels in the franchise are unnecessary additions that only expand the world or plot and give you more fun with the characters. They could just as easily not have ever existed. FFVII was a full game--multiple discs or not--and everybody remembers it that way. We all know how the story goes. Even if they make changes, it's more than likely gonna follow the overall plotline which means the endgame is unchanged. Nobody's gonna want an incomplete remake of a complete game.
>>
>>321948260
Anon, you can't split Midgar to Cosmo Canyon into a full game.
>>
>>321946113
Are you brain damaged? How the fuck can you compare something that has already been made with each movie being a clear chapter to a fucking continuous game?
>>
File: not fade away 2.png (3 MB, 1500x2185) Image search: [Google]
not fade away 2.png
3 MB, 1500x2185
>>
File: 1375922614293.jpg (59 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
1375922614293.jpg
59 KB, 640x560
will i still be able to give a brown loli cpr? these are the questions you are supposed to ask
>>
File: laughingtheoreticalphysicist.jpg (50 KB, 308x458) Image search: [Google]
laughingtheoreticalphysicist.jpg
50 KB, 308x458
>>321948594
>tfw this remake fails and later parts aren't even made

A perfect parallel to the modern state of video games.
>>
File: Pepe..png (2 MB, 2258x3000) Image search: [Google]
Pepe..png
2 MB, 2258x3000
>>321949419
>>
>>321940151
>>321940323
You guys are the cancer killing the industry, if you don't buy the episodes Square will be discouraged and not make any ambitious decisions like this anymore in the future
>>
>>321949450
Its not gonna fail dude. Only way it fails is if they pull a Tomb Raider and release alongside Fallout 4 and COD.

You are delusional if you think this nostalgia nuke will fail
>>
>>321948594
But expanding on AVALANCHE and Midgar is exactly what I want. We get to see so little of Midgar in the original, basically tiny portions of a few Sectors, and if they can consistently take out reactors than AVALANCHE has to operate with more than just five people. That would be really cool stuff to expand on.
>>
>>321949689
It certainly can fail because it isn't just one game. One game? Yeah no way it can fail. But splitting it gives people time to evaluate the quality of the first part and if they feel like it isn't worth it then they stop buying
>>
>>321949231
Have you never played any games with "chapter select" screens?
>>
>>321949839
Was FFVII one of those games and I didn't notice?
>>
>>321949812
Yes sales will fall drastically after part 1 but the rest will get made. Just like 13-2 and 13-3
>>
>>321939928
Hobbit
>>
>>321949657
Tell me how that's a bad thing.
>>
>>321943682
Those are sequels continuing a story you idiot

By your idiotic logic all 7 star wars movies are actually one movie
>>
>>321949604

>not included: started by Gaia
>>
>>321943086
13 is self contained and the next two are loosely tied but nothing in 13-2 really ends up mattering in LR. Did you even play them cause I fucking did and it was awful? Also 7 is already a completed story it isn't paced properly to be cut up, disc 3 is literally just the final boss.
>>
>>321949657
Maybe they should learn to not split a game because they are greedy fucks
>>
>>321944171
Actually they made the sequels from cut content from FF13 itself

According to Kitase there was enough cut content from FF13 to make a whole other game
>>
>>321950006
Because then we wont get a FFVIII remake, or if we do it'll made on much more skimped budget than this one.
>>
>>321945937
It is nothing like either KH or XV, it's not an action RPG

It's closest to FF12 mixed with LR , it's still a menu based RPG just with more real time elements
>>
These threads suck it's just shills trying to redefine sequels as episodic to justify this hoseshit. The should be bending over backwards to release this in a pleasing way because it is going to make them a retarded amount of money which they don't even deserve for shitting down your necks for the last decade.
>>
>>321949194
Yes you could, expand Midgar to be the size of a GTA game and boom part 1
>>
>>321939928
It'll stop after the first Jenova fight on the boat and end with it sailing into the horizon towards Casa del Sol. Cap this.
>>
>>321949761
I agree. I actually like that idea. I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, I'm just saying that it's the best way to do it in my opinion. Personally, I trust them to do it well, but at the same time, the gaming industry is taking an idiotic and nasty turn, so I'm afraid they might try to milk it in some stupid ass unsatisfying way that will make them tons of money and have the fans pissed.
I'm not gonna make any snap judgments, I just don't have 100% faith in them right now because I personally detest this idea of dividing up the story.
>>
>>321950585
You're not the first to say it so why the fuck would anyone care?
>>
>>321945002
I don't know what basis you have for this in any way shape or form.

but I believe you D:
>>
File: Tetsuya-nomura.jpg (177 KB, 400x495) Image search: [Google]
Tetsuya-nomura.jpg
177 KB, 400x495
>Hideo and Kojima
>Spends 3 years playing with technology and adding shit to MGS5
>Gets the boot from Konami for playing around with their pachinko money

>Gakt
>Spends a decade making FF13 versus aka FF15, still nowhere near completion
>Also has KH3 in development for 3 years, nowhere near completion
>Also wants to do FF7 remake, which he finally realized will never be completed in any timely manner so it's getting hacked into 3 pieces

There's no way SE can stay in business like that. It's going to be Spirits Within 2.0.
>>
I was pretty hyped for this remake. But the more I here about it the more my enthusiasm depletes.
>>
>>321949761
I agree. That's the best idea in my opinion. I'm just a little skeptical that they'll deliver because this already feels like a bad decision and the gaming industry is in a habit of making shit decisions currently. I just can't be faithful without more information, but I'll hold my tongue because I obviously don't know anything.
>>
>>321943425
It's going to end less than 20 mins into the game?
>>
>>321950669
>>321939928
I BETTER SEE MY FUCKING DUMMY CONTENT IN THE HONEYBEE INN
>>
>>321951012
HoneyBee Inn's gonna be changed, dude. We live in more progressive times.
>>
>>321950109
>By your idiotic logic all 7 star wars movies are actually one movie

They're definitely a multi-part movie.
>>
>>321950494
Great, a giant empty midgar
>>
>>321951272
HoneyBee Inn with just be replaced by a gay bar
>>
>>321950109
>they're literally called episodes
I wonder why they're making such a connection anon. I mean it's not like anyone has called FFVIIR episodic or anything, right?
>>
>>321951272
I actually hope they don't fuck up too much of that stuff with Corneo. That was one of the funnest portions of the beginning. Honestly, just running around getting into trouble with Aerith was loads of fun. Shame the poor girl bites it. She became my favorite character in a very short amount of time.
>>
>>321951272
>We live in more regressive times
Ftfy.
>>
>>321952368
GOT EMMM
>>
>>321949657
When did we completely fucking flip on our heads
>>
>>321944965
>People forget that this isn't the same Square that created this game back then.
>literally the same staff minus Uematsu, who they don't really need anyway, since his compositions exist and are perfectly available.
>>
>>321950753
Versus was never in active development it was just a concept done by a few people, Versus became XV in 2012 and started full development only then with a dedicated 200+ member dev team and budget

It's already confirmed a month ago they can play the whole game from start to finish and that the first half of the game is at a level of polish that they consider done while all that's left is polishing the second half and optimisation, and it's already confirmed for 2016 release and also hinted by Square to be summer 2016

By the time XV is out next year it would have been in actual full development since only 2012
>>
>>321952213
Wow its like you have no fucking idea what the difference is between being episodic and having sequels
>>
>>321949657
An episodic FF7 is not an ambitious decision. It basically says they're not up to doing what they did in the past only with modern production values.
>>
>>321952914
Probably due to all these movies and games calling their game Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, etc
>>
>>321952832
Square-Enix: Liars from Day One
>>
File: remake.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
remake.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>321939928
I'm actually totally down for the whole "episodic" bullshit on the condition that we get considerably huge hub areas for Midgar, Junon, Costa Del Sol, Gold Saucer, Corel Prison, Wutai, etc, with a lot of content and shit to explore. I'm even okay with them all being separate episodes. Not like I have a lot of time for vidya these days anyway, so I can't binge it like I could when I was 7.

Call me a faggot, I don't care. I'm hyped as all fuck.
>>
>>321939928
The fact that they want to make 4-6 games out of it makes my skin crawl. The story is not that deep one 60 hour game will be enough. Where will the first game even end? And I don't know what they plan on doing because it is going to be 3 games 60 hours long each. That will take 10 years to complete.

Unless they are short 5 hour long episodes. Witch is bad also because they said each episode will have vastly different gameplay.
>>
>>321953427
Enjoy your 380 dollar game.
>>
>>321953302
How is it a lie?
>>
>>321953497
>The story is not that deep one 60 hour game will be enough.
The original was 40 hours, anon, if that. These retard devs who keep wanting to stretch out games longer and longer to 50 or 60 or 70 hours are deranged.
>>
If the first game is just Midgar I hope it's like an SMT game where despite only being in one city the game feels like it's in a big world.
>>
>>321953206
Wow almost as if that is just a fucking name and has nothing to do with actually being episodic

Sequels are not the same fucking thing as being episodic you dumb cunt
>>
>>321953594
When they showed the shit off did they say "oh btw this is all mock up and development hasn't really started"
>>
>>321953497
>>321939928
its not fucking episodic why are you freaking morons still spreading that fucking bullshit, when they said multipart
>>
>>321953758
As a child of Stawoorz and Xebosayga, it means the same thing to me.
>>
File: Cloud Mobius.png (593 KB, 578x540) Image search: [Google]
Cloud Mobius.png
593 KB, 578x540
>>321953535
The money I make these days, that's a fucking drop in the bucket, especially spread out over a long period of time. I just want to relive the best part of my childhood over again with as much content as possible, and FFVII is Nomura's fucking baby, and there's nobody that understands that universe better than him in spite of all the shit people give him for the Compilation (most of which Nojima is actually responsible for.)
>>
>>321953818
Final Fantasy Seven: Part One.
>>
File: What the fuck am I reading.jpg (49 KB, 374x430) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck am I reading.jpg
49 KB, 374x430
>>321954048
>Final Fantasy Seven
>Seven
>not VII
>>
>>321953976
>FFVII is Nomura's fucking baby
Ok you really must be trolling. Nomura did not direct FF7, that was Kitase
>>
>>321954048
Final Fantasy Seven: Episode One (But By The Way It's Not an Episodic Game Guys LOL)
>>
File: IMG_1490-300x203.jpg (21 KB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1490-300x203.jpg
21 KB, 300x203
>>321954148
>Ok you really must be trolling. Nomura did not direct FF7, that was Kitase
Kitase was the director, but the story was mostly a collaboration between Kitase, Nojima, and Nomura, with Nojima and Nomura doing the majority of the workload in the story and world-building department. Even though he's only credited as the character designer, a lot of the game's success is owed to him. A good number of the things that were great about FFVII were his ideas, like Aerith's death and Tifa in general, for example.

That, and pretty much everything about FFVII's aesthetics and general character were a product of Nomura. He may have worked on a good number of games, but FFVII is his favorite. This is a guy that literally said that Cloud is his "son."
>>
>>321954267
do you know the fucking difference between an episodic game and a multipart one, faggot

>>321954148
you know that nomura not only was the character artist, but also was involved with the story and is the battle visual director of the original FFVII, he wa a lot more involved than people think and kitase is acting as producer in VII remake as well
>>
>>321954869
I love that when someone asked if he felt any pressure about the fans and their expectations for the remake, and he basically replied "Nah, I know what I'm doing."

Nomura's alpha as fuck.
>>
>>321953818
What's the fucking difference? The story was designed as a cohesive whole for the entirety of the original FF7, so if they split it up and release the parts separately then none of them will stand alone without the others. It's literally episodic.
>>
>>321954984
>difference between an episodic game and a multipart one
what the fuck am I reading
>>
>>321953786
Yes they actually did, back in 2011 March Nomura literally said they haven't started full development on the game yet, and he said even a few years back before that that the games was 0% done

And one of the CG animators said so himself that only three people were involved in making the cgi concept teasers, no actual game existed, it only started full development in 2012 when they rebooted Versus into XV
>>
>>321953818
Because that's totally different right?
>>
There will be an entire game where you play as Zack.

Screen cap this.
>>
File: 1389990707482.gif (2 MB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
1389990707482.gif
2 MB, 320x224
The ultra-realism grimdark art is gonna kill the spirit of this game.
>>
>>321955937
technically yeah.

Episodic means something along the lines of telltale.

Multi part means they're splitting up the story scenario into two or three parts, each serving as a separate game. Supposedly, this was done to accomodate the level of content they intend to produce for it. Whether or not it turns out to be worth it has yet to be seen.
>>
>>321955603
>>321955937
there is a fucking difference, an episodic game is literally just small chunks of a game that you can complete in 5-7 hours or even less than that

a multipart game, and in FFVII remakes case is them expanding individual parts, like, expanding on the AVALANCHE members and other characters that were severelly underutilized in the original FFVII
>>
File: Tifa's bouncy titties.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Tifa's bouncy titties.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>321956295
let's not. The last one sucked.

>>321956312
I disagree. We got far better jiggle out of it.
>>
>>321956362
But if they're splitting the story up into separate parts, how is that different to a telltale style episodic game?
>>
>>321956312
you're not gonna get jugs that big in it, that's for sure
>>
>>321955740
>Yes they actually did, back in 2011
Anon, it was announced in 2006.

>and he said even a few years back before that that the games was 0% done
It's a lie to put out a trailer and not include in that trailer that all the shit in it is a mock up. I don't care what your devs say a year or two later.
>>
>>321956418
So the difference is playtime per episode, <10 hours each and they're episodes, otherwise they're "multipart games"

makes sense I guess
>>
>>321956418
I don't want the FF7 Remake to be 3 40 hour games. I want it to be one 40 hour game.
>>
>>321947987
>i.e. is it like a telltale game or is it like ff13
the latter, How is this a misconception
>>
>>321956551
In other words, it's going to be shit.
>>
>>321956493
because they are expanding each individual part, there will be a lot more of midgar to explore, for example, they are gonna expand on characters like biggs, wedge and jessie, etc, etc
>>
>>321956312
If they'd kept that art style it would have been vastly better. All that's holding that back is the graphics quality.
>>
>>321956701
you can have a 40 hour game with all kinds of cut content to accomodate that, if you prefer that route then by all means

i'd rather have a complete and expanded experience, even if its in a multipart format

>>321956683
no thats not what it means at all
>>
>>321956551
Like they weren't going to downgrade those no matter what.
>>
>>321956785
I feel like we're not discussing the same thing anymore so I'll just agree with whatever your point is
>>
>>321946113

If you're really this retarded and want a Star Wars analogy, here's the only way it works;

>Take Episode 1, the Phantom Menace and split it into three parts
>Add in all the deleted scenes, finished up, appropriately
>Release part one
>Wait a year, then release part two
>Wait a year, then release part three

The original FF7 was one complete game and is being rereleased into episodes/multi-parts (and at this point, it really doesn't matter what it's called). The experience was stand alone.

So now, with your retarded Star Wars analogy, would you support this rereleased of Star Wars?
>>
>>321956595
Did you even read a single thing I just said?
>>
>>321957040
Par for the course.
>>
>>321957015
>you can have a 40 hour game with all kinds of cut content to accomodate that, if you prefer that route then by all means
Why would they need to cut anything when the original game was 40 hours? Oh because MUH BUDGET MUH PROFITS
>>
>>321956312
>she will never be stacked like this again
why live
>>
>>321957087
its more like
>take Star wars episode 1, 2 and 3 or 4, 5 and 6 and sell each one individually again
>each one now has new scenes that expand on each of the cast with new events, conversations, etc
>release part 1
>Wait a year, then release part 2
>Wait a year, then release part 3
>etc
>>
>>321957240
You: In 2008 some guy said the game was 0% done. In 2011 they admitted they had done fuck all

Me: The first trailer in 2006 should have said on it "THIS IS ALL MOCK UP SHIT WE HAVE DONE NOTHING"

Do you get it yet?
>>
>>321956551
We haven't gotten ones like that since (if anything the opposite) so no surprises.
>>
>>321949657
This is the opposite of what is supposed to be true, they're being the heroes we deserve by not buying this and showing square we won't put up with this kindof garbage.

I wish I was as strong as them.
>>
>>321957552
that's only true if FF7 was more than one game

it was not
>>
>>321957563
That would defeat the purpose of them releasing a trailer to hype people up for their vaporware.
>>
File: 1451208230512.jpg (814 KB, 2308x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451208230512.jpg
814 KB, 2308x1080
>>321956551
>>321957442
Tifa will be fine, calm your autism.
>>
>>321957810
Exactly
>>
>>321957816
what the fuck is this?
>>
>>321957930
visual evidence that Tifa is a fucking titty monster no matter how they make her
>>
>>321949657
Good. All in all this is a terrible decision, and any buyer with sense and a love for the series would agree that it's a terrible decision. Please do not make any more decisions like this Square.
>>
>>321957439
no because have you seen all unique assets FFVII has, now bring all that shit to the graphics fidelity they are currently showing, i'm talking about for example midgar, all the characters, all voiced, monsters, the world and the other towns, etc, etc

if you think its feasible to develop this shit in a a small amount of time without a gargantuan budget, then youre retarded
>>
>>321958005
But she's actually more stacked in Advent than FF7?
>>
>>321957816
what a shitty troll attempt of a comparison
>>
File: 1391331195825.gif (2 MB, 514x241) Image search: [Google]
1391331195825.gif
2 MB, 514x241
>>321957442
it's a shame
>>
>>321957816
>deliberately incorrect scaling
nice try, ACfag
>>
>>321939928
If you play FF7 again you'll realize its a game jam packed with very large events happening generally quick. It's all going to be expanded a ton, expect golden saucer's jail to be about 4 hours rather than 30 minutes
>>
>>321958016
so its a terrible decision wanting to provide the player a complete experience, even if split, instead of a cliffnotes version of FF7?

no thank, i'll take what they're doing anytime
>>
File: Tifa-portrait-viigb.png (206 KB, 292x454) Image search: [Google]
Tifa-portrait-viigb.png
206 KB, 292x454
>>321958054
Put it this way; Tifa canonically has a 38cm bust. That model in Advent Children has about a 40cm bust at the very least same as my fat ass, so either her leather top is adding some size, or her tits actually grew a bit between FFVII and Advent Children due to a change in diet or various other factors.
>>
File: ff7 false remake.png (2 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ff7 false remake.png
2 MB, 1024x768
>>321958021
Frankly I don't like the level of graphical fidelity they're using. With those designs it looks re-damn-diculous. They should go with something more like this.
>>
>>321949657
They won't do shitty cash grabs and will focus on making good games instead? Sign me up!
>>
>>321958402
>If you play FF7 again you'll realize its a game jam packed with very large events happening generally quick.
Maybe that's what people like about it. Maybe that's why padding it out would make it shit.
>>
>>321958476
Just wondering because the comparison seemed to show an increase, even though the FMV is absolutely enormous chested.
>>
File: 1244048732688.png (8 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1244048732688.png
8 KB, 493x402
It's sad watching all these dumb kids defend this abomination of a remake. It's everything shit about modern gaming, no originality, dumbed down, aimed at "wider audience" alienating fans, episodic, DLC, edited for sjws, will no doubt have day one predorder gamestop exclusive dlc and all that rubbish.

Well it's not sad. I don't feel anything about this shit anymore. Gaming is practically dead and "gamers" applaud over its corpse.
>>
>>321958021
I want them to develop it in a large amount of time with a gargantuan budget and then go out of business when it fails, because Square-Enix has profaned Squaresoft's corpse for long enough.
>>
File: Cloud Remake look.png (507 KB, 620x611) Image search: [Google]
Cloud Remake look.png
507 KB, 620x611
>>321958557
>They won't do shitty cash grabs
Ironically, this is exactly what the majority of the FFVII purists want, while Nomura and Kitase are the ones say "Nah, we can do better and go bigger"
>>
>>321957816
>scaling is completely wrong
>black top is adding a lot
>she's been decreased in bust since then anyway
There's basically no chance she makes it to the remake unscathed.
>>
Is Toriyama going to be in on this shit somewhere? Or did they lock him up in the corner office with his 2000 Lightning figure collection?
>>
>>321958719
Ok
>>
>>321956312
>The ultra-realism grimdark art is gonna kill the spirit of the boobies
fixed
>>
>>321958745
youre retarded
>>
>>321958880
Toriyama contributed all he needed to with the original. They don't need him again; all the ideas are already there.
>>
>>321949657
Well, that's their fucking fault. There will always be new companies to try something. Square can fuck off.
>>
>>321958005
that's untrue
>>
>>321958719
And the worst part is it will almost certainly sell well and get rave reviews.
>>
File: 1397068223452.gif (2 MB, 230x206) Image search: [Google]
1397068223452.gif
2 MB, 230x206
>>321958305
Woulda looked glorious in HD
>>
File: Cidney Ass.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cidney Ass.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
I'm just gonna post some Cidney.
>>
>>321959201
This would be considered sexist in 2015
>>
I'm hoping they make enough money/build enough of the 7 world to do the damn RPG remake.

That probly won't happen though.
>>
>>321959253
>no ass
>small tits
>whore
it's your future, Tifa
>>
>>321959257
you mean Sexiest
>>
File: Cidney Chest.webm (2 MB, 1000x656) Image search: [Google]
Cidney Chest.webm
2 MB, 1000x656
>>
>>321958719
>make up a bunch of shit
>proceed to cry about those things like they're facts
Why do I see this shit in every FF7 thread?
Do you just need something to cry about?
>>
>>321958398
>>321958169
>>321958871
>FMVcucks trying to defend their oddly proportioned waifu
>>
>>321959257
I don't care, it would look great
>>
File: Cidney Get In.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cidney Get In.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>321959370
It's a bullshit image and you know it. Insulting a cartoon for looking cartoonish won't help.
>>
>>321939928
Now that SE isn't dedicating all of its resources to its failed MMO (A Realm Reshit) they can pump out games faster. Longest you'll have to wait will be a year maximum.

>>321940151
Also it's not going to be $60 per installment.
>>
>>321959175
>be a faggot
>cry about a bunch of shit that don't exist
>game truns out to be not what you imagine
>bawww why isn't this game as bad as I imagine the world is finish someone gives me a hug
>>
File: Cidney Nighttime.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cidney Nighttime.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: Cidney Talk.webm (2 MB, 1067x600) Image search: [Google]
Cidney Talk.webm
2 MB, 1067x600
>>
>>321959201
That must be like an L cup
>>
>>321959370
no one ever accepts that she didnt look like that anywhere but FMV's
She has giant tits yes,but not huge fucking cowtits like they show.
You dont even see the cowtits version for 99.9% of the game anyway
>>
File: Cidney Wipe.webm (3 MB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
Cidney Wipe.webm
3 MB, 1280x540
>>
>>321959696
>>321959696
>no one ever accepts that she didnt look like that anywhere but FMV's
but she's bigger than that in Advent Children?
>>
Yuffie > Tifa
Filte me
>>
File: 1451200972189.jpg (3 MB, 6000x1554) Image search: [Google]
1451200972189.jpg
3 MB, 6000x1554
>>
File: Cidney.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cidney.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>321958476
wow her boobs are huge in that pic
>>
>>
>>321958760
Except they think "better" means making it more like a modern FF in all the ways that the subset of fans who would want this remake don't like as much.
>>
>>321959870
Is there a size ranking from biggest to smallest for all these?
>>
File: Episode Duscae Compilation.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Episode Duscae Compilation.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>
File: Untitled.png (133 KB, 206x400) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
133 KB, 206x400
>>321958871
>>321958398
>scaling is completely wrong
There is no "right scaling" because the the FMV model has a weird scale for body parts to begin with. Her legs are skinny as fuck, but twice the length of her torso, and her head is huge. The picture is aligned as well as possible given the width of her lower torso, with their "belly button" area area and tits sharing more or less the same place on their respective squares.
>>
>>321960093
except it's zoomed in on one and out on the other, giving a false impression
>>
>>321949657
And they're attitude is what's wrong with capitalism. There is no proper way for me or anyone to express WHY we didn't buy it. They just say well they didn't buy it and we aren't going to change because "fuck you we want to control out consumers".

No, we just don't buy it because its a shit practice and they can do better and they just say well "they must not have wanted it so bad after all". Bullshit. Do it right or don't do it at all.
>>
>>321960073
>>321959870
FMV >>> FF7 battle > FF7 art > Ehrgeiz > Advent > Gbike > Dissidia > Dissida art > Dissida CG > Kingdom Hearts > Crisis Core
>>
>>321960006
>Except they think "better" means making it more like a modern FF in all the ways that the subset of fans who would want this remake don't like as much.

I know this sounds weird, but outside of various niche communities, Advent Children was a really popular movie with FF fans.

The japs fucking loved it, which kind of outweighs any sort of input some various forum users in the west have on the topic.

Just my two cents. Square Enix doesn't get the idea that this approach is wrong at all. After all; it made them a LOT of money, and likely will again
>>
>>321957816
So did she get a boost in AC or what?
>>
>>321957563
Except it was in 2006 where they said they were at 0% you idiot

2006 just after they show a literal CGI teaser Nomura says in an interview they are 0% done, the MC didn't even have a name yet, all that existed was a 1 minute CGI teaser animated by three people and one music track all done for a concept

In 2008 all they showed was another CGI teaser behind closed doors again animated by only three people, no game existed yet

Nothing existed from 2006 to 2010 as far as any game goes

In 2010 some devs in their spare time made a pre-alpha build in their spare time over the course of a few months, then in late 2010 they were all pulled and forced into the FF14 2.0/ARR team because FF14 tanked and the entirety of SE was reshufled to fix that blunder

In 2011 January they showed a Versus trailer based on the very little concept pre-alpha build that 20 devs made in their spare time from the 2010 stuff, and in March 2011 Nomura states that the game is not in full development, again all they showed was a concept

It was not until July 2012 that they got the 20~ Versus devs free from the FF14 team, merged those 20 Versus devs with the Type-0 team and other devs around SE to form 200 member dev team and rebooted Versus in XV, that is when full development began and when it got a dedicated dev team, budget and time frame to be done by, that is when they moved to the new engine and the 2016 release was set back in 2012 when full development began

Versus was nothing more than a concept, Nomura literally said so himself the CG trailers were just concepts to give an idea of the themes he would like to try
>>
>>321939928
Episode 2 is just gonna be filler. Episode 1 will go up to the end of midgar and episode of 3 will definitely pick up after sephiroth summons meteor and awakens the weapons.

Part 2 is just going to stretch out the aerith death scene and the reactor flashback into some kind of 20 hour long "game".
>>
File: tumblr_nq4lvmSWni1s4qvrdo1_500.jpg (64 KB, 461x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq4lvmSWni1s4qvrdo1_500.jpg
64 KB, 461x750
She got a boost from her canon tit size. The FMV model is all over the place in scale of anatomy, and even the tits seem to fluctuate depending on the angle, which is unfortunate, because that's the one retards everywhere use as a standard for Tifa, in spite of the fact that it's literally the ONLY interpretation Tifa that wasn't made by the FFVII creative staff.
>>
>>321960705
Why would you even type this out?
>>
>>321960754
she's the same size she ever was
>>
>>321957087
>>321957552
More like
>take the hobbit, a fucking tiny childrens novel
>Split it into 3 overlong CGI actionfests
>>
isnt there open world travelling? like, isnt it possible to explore and find gear and equipment that would be on other discs, before actually getting far enough in the story to go there?
>>
>>321960754
It's because it's the biggest she's ever been, therefore best.
>>
>>321959851
Yes.

Cucks around here will tell you differently though.
>>
>>321957552

Ok, you're clearly retarded or a shill.

FF7 was ONE RELEASE! How on earth can you equate that to ALL seperate releases of Star Wars?

FF7, by itself, was one game released at one time. It is now being remade and split into multiple parts. Your analogy is retarded, but do all the mental gymnastics you want, you are literally objectively wrong.
>>
>>321960857
Why not?
>>
>>321960417
sounds about right
>>
>>321960919
It wasn't really possible to do this in the original
>>
>>321943086

>It's too massive of a project to be released all at once, we've known that before the game was even announced.

If only we had the technology from 20 years ago to remake this one game into one game.
>>
>>321949657
really, they haven't made very many good decisions in a while, why would I support them
>>
>>321960961
Found the latest meme insult I see?
>>
>>321959851
AC is obviously smaller. Don't be stupid.
>>
File: Tifa's Tifas.png (4 MB, 1638x2882) Image search: [Google]
Tifa's Tifas.png
4 MB, 1638x2882
>>321961141
You're just mad because new Tifa had objectively better tits than you're blow-up doll waifu will jello sacks on her chest.
>>
>>321960961
So....what's the big problem? She's bustier than before, isn't that a good thing?
>>
>>321958871
G bike Nomura artwork from 2014 is bigger tits than the FF7 Nomura artwork from 1997
>>
>>321961321
>getting this mad
>>
>>321961321
>objectively better

>smaller
>more covered up
>better
>>
>>321961541
Bigger, bustier, will have proper jiggle.
>>
>>321960969
whatever you say fag
>you go to a store an you buy all the 3 movies in one of those trilogy packs, but they're all the vanilla version
>then theres each one being sold seperately but rach one has more scenes and dialogue, like a directors cut

for a bunch of so called FFVII fans, it boggles my mind you fags arent happy they actually are putting meaningful content to the game, like more midgar to explore, or developing characters that were really fucking underused
>>
>>321961351
nah
>>
>>321960969
>all Star Wars movies accumulated runtime is around 15 hours
>the original FFVII takes between 25-50 hours for a single playthrough
>FFVIIR is being made to far exceed the original game's scope and length
You really can't compare them.
>>
>>321961591
but they're not bigger/bustier? less jiggle, too
>>
>>321959550
>Now that SE isn't dedicating all of its resources to its failed MMO
XIV is funding all this shit.
>>
>>321961651
litterally a compariaon pic right here >>321959870
>>
>>321961815
Nope. Dragon Quest is and their successful mobile games.
>>
>>321961820
where she's just more zoomed in
genius!
>>
>>321961325
he's trolling you, the actuak answer is no
>>
>>321961896
are you braindead retarded
>>
File: 1421203031723.jpg (26 KB, 150x188) Image search: [Google]
1421203031723.jpg
26 KB, 150x188
Has Square Enix done anything good over the past few years except publish stuff? All of their own games have been mediocre to shit and they have at least 3 golden goose IP sequels that will never be finished.
>>
>>321961591
But she's not bigger.
>>
>>321960567
Was it right after they aired the trailer? =3
>>
>>321961064
FFVII, on the scale of video games today, is only big by virtue of what went into making it at the time. In fact, the majority of it is text files and a bunch of low poly models with pre-determined animations that are reused and go in sequence depending on what sequence they coded them. When it comes down to it, a lot of areas felt very small, and the world didn't feel particularly big, even though it was meant to

Nomura seems to be approaching the FFVII remake with the "go big or go home" mentality, but doesn't want the lack of focus or draw that a game like FFXV has in it's lesser areas. He probably wants Midgar to feel like an actual metropolitan city, for Junon to feel like an oversized military port with a colossal parade, for Costa Del Sol to actually feel like a big resort town.
>>
>>321962060
You can plainly see it's not a direct comparison
>>
>>321962245
He will fail. They will all fail. This is the next Tortanic
>>
>>321961592

People here are probaby just fatigued from the plodding pace of games today compared to how rapidly older games hit you with different events.

So the prospect of everything being slowed down and overdone is not too appealing.
>>
>>321961591
>proper jiggle.
I actually care about this more than her size. Big tits mean nothing if they move like >>321956312
>>
>>321960961
Who are you trying to fool? She is obviously smaller in AC than the FMVs. That is inevitable, she's never going to touch those because of the change in her design.
>>
>>321962565
Quod erat demonstrandum
>>
>>321957816
I don't even know what you want me to say to this
>>
>>321961592

So how old are you? FF7 is like 17 years old right? You probably never even played it on PS1. Final Fantasy fan my nuts, you hold no loyalty to the original source and obviously don't care; your parents will buy the new bastardized version.

And spoiler alert; the rereleased versions of all the old Star Wars are garbage, with retarded CGI scenes added in pointlessly. Or are you also a fan of the altered Cantina Scene and the new retarded song in Jabba's Palace?

Just go home dude.
>>
>>321962684
Weak as shit
>>
>>321962354
You know that even if it disappoints you or me to no end, it will not fail. It's literally impossible.
>>
Her tits will disappoint. Accept that now.
>>
>>321962354
>FFVII
>The Star Wars Battlefront of RPGs
>Failing

Sure.
>>
>>321961592
>you go to a store an you buy all the 3 movies in one of those trilogy packs, but they're all the vanilla version
>then theres each one being sold seperately but rach one has more scenes and dialogue, like a directors cut

uh yeah, the original trilogy is way better than the directors cuts. I would take a complete package any day. you're the only fag here and basically just proved it.
>>
>>321939928
>Can you imagine how much of a let down the FF7 remake Episode 1 is going to be when it just ends after Jenova Life?

Why does every single thread about this subject just take a random guess as to how the game's episodes/parts will work?
>>
>>321954869
I remember reading that interview where Nomura said it was his idea to kill Aerith and finding it hilarious.
>>
>>321963085
true
>>
File: Evolve_Box_Art.png (234 KB, 295x338) Image search: [Google]
Evolve_Box_Art.png
234 KB, 295x338
>>321963026
too big to fail
>>
>>321963393
gonna need a source
>>
>>321958682
The people that did the FMV (I heard the FMVs were outsourced) went fuckin nuts. Now, if Tifa doesn't have at least an H cup, everyone and their mother loses their shit. The portrait in >>321958476 is perfectly fine, but I've seen people complain about that one, too.
>>
>>321962684
Any actual response?
>>
Part One will end when you get out of Midgar
screenshot this im fucking right
>>
>>321939928

With the way episodic games are going I would not be surprised if they added in a couple extra hours of useless cutscenes and ended the first episode after blowing that reactor from the opening of 7.
>>
Tifas tits will be fine, mark my words.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.