[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3 vs NV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: fallout-3-vs-new-vegas.jpg (3 MB, 2844x1600) Image search: [Google]
fallout-3-vs-new-vegas.jpg
3 MB, 2844x1600
Now that we can all agree Fallout 4 is the worst of the 1st person fallout games, which is better, 3 or New Vegas?
>>
New vegas was better. Obsidian knows dialog and world building. I alse just didn't like the map that much though.
>>
>>321931146
How is Fallout 4 worse than 3? It's better in every way.
>>
>>321931376
The only problem I had with the map was the start of the game. After that I was too busy with missions that it didn't bother me at all.

The map is less atmospheric yes, but it is a desert, so it fits well in the game.
>>
>>321931146
3 was shit, nv was the shit
>>
>>321931376
I found interesting how Obsidian used a map structure similar to the one used in Fallout 1 and 2
>>
>>321931557
Easy.

The number 3 is closer to number 1 than 4.

Therefore, 3>4

Anymore questions?
>>
>>321931146
New Vegas is better in everything in Exploration, Dialogue, Locations, story, weapons, pacing , and DLC. Its just a better game and Obsidian should make another Fallout Game
>>
NV>Shit=3=4
>>
NV>2>1>4>tactics>3
>>
>>321931682

A lot of the people who worked on New Vegas had also worked on Fallout 1 and 2.
>>
>>321931146
More and better factions, 3 portrayed the Brotherhood of Steel as the saviors of the earth, in New Vegas they were portrayed for who they really were, hell even the Enclave remnants seem nicer than them. Much more dialogue, having a lower intelligence made for some hilarious dialogue options.
>>
>>321931741
I'll agree with you on everything except exploration.

That one is up in the air.
>>
>>321931146
New vegas easily beats 3. Better weapons, better atmosphere, absolutely loved the open world, and your choices actually affected the game.
>>
>>321931146
4 is better than 3. Because it's the newest game in the series though contrarians have to hate it.
>>
>>321932145
when I say exploration I mostly mean Loot which kind of lacked in Fallout 3
>>
>>321932047
Only a handful of people from the F1/F2 dev teams worked on NV. Not "a lot".
>>
Tale of Two Wastelands is the best
>>
>>321931686
So Xbox1 > PS4?
>>
>>321932454
True enough.

Looting was a lot more satisfying and worthwhile in NV.
>>
>>321932540
Does TTW fix the story and dialogue in Fallout 3?

>>321932612
I thought that was fairly obvious to begin with.
>>
>>321931146
New Vegas. Not even a contest.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.