[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Let's make a complicated political plot but not have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Cid.jpg (650 KB, 825x1571) Image search: [Google]
Cid.jpg
650 KB, 825x1571
>Let's make a complicated political plot but not have the heroes interact with it at all and instead just walk from ancient temple to ancient temple to look for macguffins, and have everything devolve into normal ancient magical gods in the end anyway
>Let's have Ashe be consumed by a desire for revenge but never show this through her actions, because her actions are just wandering from temple to temple, so that we have to be repeatedly told about her inner feelings by Balthier, Reddas, and Vaan
>Let's make the battle system's primary gimmick being that you design things so that you don't have to play the game
>Let's make the leveling system so homogeneous that everyone ends up with the exact same attributes, equipment, and spells, to the point where a Japan-only rerelease has to introduce a completely alternate leveling system
>Let's have the heroes not interact with the villain until literally the second-to-last cutscene
>Let's have Vayne be an evil manipulating bastard but then have him do nothing until 50% of the way through the game so that you simply have to be told about how clever he is instead of seeing it firsthand
>Let's have Vaan, Penelo, Fran, and Basch be totally pointless to the story so that only Ashe and Balthier actually make decisions that affect the way things go
>Let's write all of the characters to be really subdued so that the only interesting people are Balthier and Cid
>Let's turn Chewbacca into a playboy bunny
>Let's take everything 100% seriously in a series where the climax of one of the games involves a girly slapfight between a professional martial artist and a secretary
>Let's do all of this complicated worldbuilding and have a bunch of nonhuman races, then do nothing with any of them except the Viera
>Let's put all of the fun content in optional hunts
>Let's put treasure chests in the game that you aren't supposed to open, then not tell the player
>Let's give the narrator a comical Indian accent
Guess the game.
>>
>>321927691

because anon, people just do not go into politics if they know they did not have to and it is not reasonable to expect them to.

Plus the game is laregly unfinished, it was MGSV before MGSV was even a thing.
>>
>>321927691
Dragon Quest
>>
>>321927691

dont forget that 50 floor dungeon and how they killed off the only cool sub-character right after it
>>
I liked it , i played it on release and loved it and then played it emulated a couple years ago and loved it again.

And there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>321927691
Still better than 99% of all other JRPGs.
>>
>>321927691
>I have literally never played a Yasumi Matsuno game before
Damn near every game he makes involves "ultra complicated political war plot that is actually just background dressing for the real thing of characters fighting gods and ancient evil; the ones history doesn't remember are the most important" shit.
>>
Yep, FFXII sucks.
You spend the entire game seeking for the legendary magic stone of dubious power. Then you moralfag out of using it anyway, and beat the bad guy without it. What a wonderful journey that was.
>>
>>321930002

>what is life
>>
>>321927691
I also never really understood why they bothered reusing Ivalice as the setting when the world bears no resemblance whatsoever to its prior appearances.

>>321929554
The plot in FF12 is a lot more poorly executed than in his other games, even if they share a lot of the same basic ideas.
>>
>>321930926
It does look like its FFTA appearance, but they still should have made their own unique setting.
>>
say what you want. This pic is the only thing in Final Fantasy that made me cry
>>
>>321930229
Strange.
>>
File: Kirl me.png (113 KB, 283x253) Image search: [Google]
Kirl me.png
113 KB, 283x253
>>321927691
Getting real mad because Nostalgia, my face when I realise you are right
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.