[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some games like Xenoblade Chronicles? >massive world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Xenoblade_box_artwork.png (189 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_box_artwork.png
189 KB, 250x350
What are some games like Xenoblade Chronicles?
>massive world to explore
>no need to grind at all
>ability to warp to key locations instantly and without cost (minimising backtracking)
>large inventory (minimising the need to constantly manage your inventory)
>party members (if the game has them) all play differently
>decent story with likable characters
>battles take place in the overworld rather than happening on a separate screen
>not turn-based

If it has better combat than Xenoblade, that's obviously a bonus. Although I personally didn't mind the MMO combat.
>>
>>321925072
You mean kusoge? The Neptunia series.
>>
Gone home, they're both gay as fuck
>>
>>321925072
>empty worlds
>lie
>truth
>PFFFT
>true
>heh. hehehe.
>true but fuck do they feel clunky and repetitive after playing the exact same way for about 50+ hours of nothing BUT these shitty encounters
>true

7/10. Would have been a straight 5 if the ending wasn't hype.
>>
File: 1435020589845.gif (2 MB, 200x107) Image search: [Google]
1435020589845.gif
2 MB, 200x107
>>321925072
>no need to grind at all
>>
>>321925940
>>321926365
The way that Xenoblade made your accuracy heavily dependent on your level was pretty shitty, although it wasn't like you were forced to grind on weaker monsters in order to complete the game. In fact, the game gave you pretty much no reward for killing weak enemies. Also, your party members gain experience even if you don't use them, so you never feel forced to use a character so that they don't fall behind.

Xenoblade also gave the player experience for exploring or doing sidequests. And while pretty much every sidequest suffered from the same problem that literally every RPG sidequest suffers from (i.e. being a variant of the same three quest types), at least a lot of them automatically completed without having to return to the quest-giver (so you could just complete the quest if it the monster happened to be in the area you were traveling, rather than needing to go out of your way to collect the reward).
>>
>>321925072
>party members (if the game has them) all play differently

Not Xenoblade Chronicles X that's for fucking sure
>>
THIS IS THE REAL POWER OF THE MONADO
>>
I don't know why people push the exploration bullshit so hard. Exploration implies there's something to find, at most in xenoblade you'd find a nook with some blue balls in it. No dungeons, no hidden paths, no treasure, no particularly interesting encounters to find bar one shitty superboss, not like the crazy shit you could find in FFXII. It's nice to look at least, but explore? Fucking nope unless you have a serious hardon for repeated textures.
>>
>>321925072
Final Fantasy XII matches at least some of those criteria
>>
>>321928285
>he never found any secret areas
>>
I just started. Is there any reason too do the side quests? I kinda want to get through it to play X. I know i can go straight to X but id rather play this first since ive been putting it off.
>>
>>321925072
Xenoblade Chronicles X maybe idk
>>
>>321929572
They give good EXP. Doing all of them will make you kind of overpowered
>>
>>321925072
Elder Scrolls_____
>>
>>321925940
>>321926365
How the fuck would someone ever need to grind in Xenoblade? You get EXP from finding fucking landmarks.
>>
>>321929528

I found several nooks with blue balls in them.
>>
>>321927142
Not your level, your agility. If you buffed your agility you could fight enemies attacks would normally miss, assuming your agility would rise high enough to deal damage. Xenoblade X does away with that thankfully.
>>321925072
Speaking of, Xenoblade X, except for the grinding being unnecessary. Both games need grinding for you to get gud, X even moreso at some points. Difference in classes provide party members with different arts and weapons of choice, but the story isn't as strong as the original. Sorry for shilling the Wii U, X is pretty good though, pick up a refurbished/pre-owned system at some point, senpai
>>
>>321929572
Sidequests are where you get most of your money and EXP, but there's a fuckton of them, enough to make you overleveled, and 90% of them are boring fetch quests. So yes, you should do them, but don't worry about doing them all.
>>
>>321929572
Side quests are essential. Grinding off of monsters is inefficient and will take hours before you get anything out of it. Do any side quests that you find that provide decent EXP, money isn't too important outside of buying armour but you get fuckloads of money anyway
Also, explore. Discovering new locations, especially hidden ones gives you a decent sum of EXP. Just grind til you're comfortable with your levels and advance, no need to go overboard unless you're fighting a boss who's level is way higher than yours.
>>
>>321928285
In pretty much every game with an overworld, you have to explore the map since it's initially unknown and you're finding your way around for the first time. Admittedly, it's not a very impressive trait on its own, but Xenoblade has quite a few areas which are all massive in size.

>>321929572
Sidequests affect the affinity chart and how NPCs interact with each other, although it's certainly not essential to complete them. Although a lot of them automatically complete themselves whenever you meet the criteria and you won't have to return to the quest-giver to claim the reward. So you may as well just accept any quest that you come across and only complete the ones that you don't cause you to go out of your way.

If you're struggling on a boss, then you may want to complete some sidequests to gain more exp, although usually the right tactics and builds will let you beat anything.
>>
BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE MONADO
>>
>>321930034
I'm fairly certain that your level affected it as well. So monsters 6+ levels below you would pretty much never hit you whilst you would pretty much never hit monsters that were 6+ levels above you.

Also I haven't got a Wii U, although I'd like to play X (as well as a few other Wii U titles). I'm holding off one more year to see what the NX is all about. If it is backwards compatible (like every Nintendo console since the DS), then I'll definitely be buying X.
>>
>>321926365
>I never played the game
Glad to know it, now fuck off
>>
>LOOK WELL, ZANZA.
>THIS IS MY XENOBLADE
Fucking really, Shulk?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.