[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Do I Into MGS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: image.png (739 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
739 KB, 1136x640
I love MGR, and it's my first and only that I've completed in the Metal Gear series. With that being said I tried and failed getting through the first MGS, Sons of Liberty, and now currently Snake Eater, so that I can play MGS4 & V for more similar MGR-esque gameplay, but they are a chore. Any suggestions? Should I just skip to 4 and 5 and recap the story from the previous games?
>>
>>321885563
No, nigger.

You wont like any of them if you wanted bland one attack and all powerful one block move in the other mgs games.

just kill yourself
>>
If you failed to get through the 3 best games in the series, find some other series to get into.
>>
>>321885563
If you like MGR, you won't like any of the other since they're completely different.
Just go play DMC and Bayonetta.
>>
MGR != MGS
>>
I went MGR > MGS3 > MG1 > MG 2> MGS2 > MGS 4 > MGS 1 > MGS PW > MGS GZ > MGS TPP

Don't ask.
>>
>>321886167
kek i dont think i want to know

whats your favorite tho?
>>
>>321886167
And I thought going MGS2>MGS1>MGS3>PW>MGS4 (Youtube)>MGSV was bad.
>>
File: The Order to play MGS games.jpg (2 MB, 2398x3442) Image search: [Google]
The Order to play MGS games.jpg
2 MB, 2398x3442
>>321885563
1) Get PS3
2) Get MGS Legacy Collection
3) Play in RELEASE ORDER: MGS1-2-3-4-PW(-GZ-TPP)

MGS1 has fine summmaries of the 8-bit MG1 and MG2:SS in the main menu. Read those, and watch the "briefing files" too. Try some VR Training and read the MANUALS before jumping into any of the games!
>>
>>321885563
This is literally a series you will not get into.
You played 3 main line games that make up the entire series style and plot and are almost universally agreed to be the best in the series, and did not like them.

The only game you played is the spin off made by a different developer and liked it. So you don't like Metal Gear. You like Platinum games. So play a platinum game.
>>
>>321885563
>for more similar MGR-esque gameplay
Play other platinum games
>>
>>321885563
>for more similar MGR-esque gameplay
You won't get that from MGS4 and V though.
>>
>>321885563
>so that I can play MGS4 & V for more similar MGR-esque gameplay
It isn't, and they aren't chores. Go play other platinum games if you want to play platinum games. I bet you didn't even buy Transformers even though it's fucking fantastic.
>>
I love the series. I personally went from MGS1>MGS3>MGSV
I got into the series early this year, so I haven't been able to buy the consoles necessary to play the other ones. But if you get accustomed to it, it's an amazing game series with impactful stories and flourishing character development.
>>
File: laughing-bullies.jpg (216 KB, 780x433) Image search: [Google]
laughing-bullies.jpg
216 KB, 780x433
>>321886430
>even though it's fucking fantastic
>>
>>321886486
>love the series
>only played three of them
sorry what
I mean they are the best three but come on
>>
>>321885563
>With that being said I tried and failed getting through the first MGS, Sons of Liberty, and now currently Snake Eater

tbqh senpai i think you should kill yourself
>>
>>321886486
How the fuck are you able to Play 1 & 3 but not 2
>>
>>321886592
2 outclasses V in pretty much every way
>>
is this a bait thread? i cant really tell anymore
>>
>>321886505
That's some advanced shitposting, friend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVrX0MHBZ_I
It's arguably their best system yet.
>>
>>321885563
Honest answer. Just skip to V.
If you found 1, 2, and 3 hard, you'll feel the same with 4.
Just skip to V since it's the easiest start for someone like you.
And then continue complaining since it's nothing like MGR.
>>
>>321885563
Sadly, the mechanics and controls of many of the older MG games did not age well at all. In some ways they were outdated even at the time the games came out.

I say the entire Metal Gear series as it stands is worth skipping over. Wait until Konami reboots it and someone less autistic can take over.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 684x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 684x1024
MGR2 WHEN
>>
this thread is living bait
>>
File: MGS3s MGO BB guard.jpg (181 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
MGS3s MGO BB guard.jpg
181 KB, 1024x768
>>321885563
>play MGS4 & V for more similar MGR-esque gameplay
They are NOTHING alike.
MGR is literally a DMC-style spinoff of MGS series. The MGS games themselves are stealth-action games, and depending on the title, the stealth can be more or less underlined.

You won't understand what the hell's going on if you skip ANY of the games. Play them all, in the release order, or not at all. Period.
>>
>>321886726
oh fuck you and your "modern standards"! I got into the series late 2012, played through all but the 2D and AC!D ones by now, and had no real issues. The only reason you fags consider them "outdated" is because the games in the original trilogy were not "stealth-shooters", but actual third-person stealth games, with tons of features to exploit and play with, if you want to.
>>
>Hey guys I want to "get into" this series
>cant i skip all the games

who is breeding people this retarded?
>>
MGS1 on PS1 will always be the best Metal Gear experience in my mind, but I'll admit childhood nostalgia is blinding my opinion a bit. Personally i thought MGR and Peace Walker were absolute rubbish, so much so that I decided to skip MGSV, and pretty much writtwn off any future the franchise might have.
>>
>>321886505
I bought an original PS1 for FF games and ended buying MGS to see how it was and ended up finishing it and loving it. I had a 3DS, too, so I got the 3DS port. I don't have a PS2 or a PS3 to play 2.
>>321886592
Seems like I'm a newfag-
I tried to watch playthroughs but I've never been one to enjoy a game's story by watching someone else play it. I've been trying to get a PS2 to pay it, but now, I have hopes they'll release it on PS4 as one of them PS2 classics and shit.
>>
>>321885563
MGS3 is the greatest video game ever made.
If you don't like it you should stop playing the series right now. We don't need people like you fucking complaining about it.
>>
>>321887421
>but now, I have hopes they'll release it on PS4 as one of them PS2 classics and shit.
Not a chance, not with the superior HD Collection.
You don't have a PS3 or a 360?
>>
>>321886232
My favourite is both 2 and 3, I can't really decide. I might lean to 2, because I love trippy shit like at the end, but 3 was really fucking solid.
>>
>>321887421
MGS games are one of the worst candidates to WATCH, no matter how much people want to call them "movies". There's so much gameplay and TECHNOLOGY elements that you simply won't get to experience by watching an LP. And believe it or not, some of that pure gameplay stuff really does matter in the whole series.
Seriously son, get the PS3 + Legacy Collection. Worth every penny.

I wouldn't trust Konami releasing anything worthwhile ever again, now with Kojima being gone.
>>
>>321885563
It hurts to live

Either approach MGS again as a completely different series or go find another button masher.

Or play TPP, it's a good meme game as well, and is hardly part of the MGS series.
>>
>>321887543
Nope. I've been a Nintenfag for a major part of my life. Really not had a Wii and Wii U, and 3DS when I was younger. Don't get me wrong, I still love Nintendo and I enjoy a lot of their games, sometimes, more so than other companies, but I'm just this year starting to play other games on other consoles. Boy, am I loving MGS and Uncharted.
I heard the HD collection only had just that, HD. As in, the graphics were just scaled up. Whereas, for the 3DS, it was more of a remaster. Not sure.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 527x649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 527x649
MGR > MGS series
>>
>>321887753
>I wouldn't trust Konami releasing anything worthwhile ever again, now with Kojima being gone.
You kidding? Kojima being gone only makes it more likely.
They'll be too afraid to release a new MGS for a while, I'd expect just ports in the near future.
>>
File: resind 2nd.png (367 KB, 1019x966) Image search: [Google]
resind 2nd.png
367 KB, 1019x966
>>321885563
>>
>>321885563
OP, you aren't into Metal Gear games.

You're into Character Action games. MGR is a Character Action game, but MGS is a Stealth Action game.

If you want more games that play like MGR, play games like the Devil May Cry series, Bayonetta, Godhand, ect.

If you ever want to get into MGS as it's own thing, that would be great, but it's not the same as MGR.
>>
>>321887842

stop niggerposting
>>
>>321887753
You learn that in just a few minutes of playing 1 or 3, I actually loved the cutscenes, I'm always one for a good story, so I was pretty alert at the cutscenes.
>>
>>321887874
>You kidding? Kojima being gone only makes it more likely.
HAHAHA! No.
Konami of 2016 is all about mobile and Pachinko shit.
>>
>>321887829
Hardly. Snake Eater 3D uses the same environments and assets, but added crouch walking in place of sneaking and that's it.
It's not a remaster at all. On top of that, the HD version runs at about 60fps with some dips, while the 3DS one is 20fps with lots of dips.
Both are ports, just one has an added gimmick, the other is faithful. And one runs a hell of a lot better than the other, and is included with 2 other games as well - even more if you get the legacy collection.
>>
>>321888252
Guess so, IMO, the graphics seemed better on 3DS than HD collection, it seemed kinda just upscaled for me. I'm probably wrong.
>>
>>321887978
>I'm always one for a good story,
might want to look somewhere else then
>>
>>321888439
you are very wrong.
3DS is visually and performance-wise THE worst version of MGS3. The HD Collection is just outright gorgeous, running at actual HD resolution, in real widescreen, at 60fps, with minor texture touch-ups.
>>
>>321888832
Where-
>>
>>321889021
Well, I finished the game, that's what counts, right-
>>
>>321886167
lel don't worry lad, I also played out of order like fucking crazy

MGS PO > MGS PW > MGS4 > MGS1 > MGS3 > MGS5 > MGS2
>>
>>321885563
Revengeancefriends never fail to make me mad.
>>
>>321889396
People who play out of release order are less offensive than people who actually want to skip any of the games
>>
>>321886703
Please don't post Saur videos when trying to argue your point, it invalidates anything you say.

Also Transformers is literally just Bayonetta lite, Witch Time and all, the "advanced tech" you see in any video is just basic fucking offsetting.
>>
>>321887909
excellent meme faglord you're really spicing up this thread with your hot memes
>>
>>321886505
Whats wrong with transformers? Its not perfect but its pretty fucking fun?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.