[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If PC is not the best gaming platform, why are the best espo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4
File: 235235.png (540 KB, 681x809) Image search: [Google]
235235.png
540 KB, 681x809
If PC is not the best gaming platform, why are the best esports games all PC exclusive?

http://www.esportsearnings.com/games
>>
Stop bitching about what platform is the best and just play the fucking games
>>
>>321876737
I've been PC only for many years, enough to say none of these are particularly good. DOTA and League are tedious. Starcraft II was a let down that is slowly dying. Never played CS, I preferred MOHAA. CSGO offers everything people hate and have stood up against, but you idiots let valve slide on all their shady bullshit because gayben.

Quit trying to start shit OP, just play your games and be happy for once. I'm convinced 90% of this board is infested with spoiled children trying to stroke their own ego by justifying the purchase the parents made for you children.
>>
>>321876737
the skill gap when using a controler is just ridiculously low. that's why anything other than fighting games (which are 'babbys first competitive game') doesn't get a good scene going. there are no special displays of skill possible.
>>
>>321877517
>shady bullshit
such as?
>>
>>321876737
csgo is not a pc exclusive :^)
>>
>>321877517
CS:GO has no pay 2 win aspects and all comes down to which team is better. I'm not sure how you think Dota is tedious and I'm not sure why you think your opinion is worth jack shit when I'm sure you're god damned terrible at videogames.
>>
>>321877948
Microtransactions? Trying to charge for mods? Map Packs?

They're essentially running a lottery with some of their games and selling it to minors and idiots.
>>
>>321877980
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEUT-Vv9AVg
Holy shit it might as well be.
This is embarrassing.
>>
because slavs can afford consoles
>>
File: 1450905190858.jpg (66 KB, 537x525) Image search: [Google]
1450905190858.jpg
66 KB, 537x525
>>321878163
>CS:GO has no pay 2 win aspects and all comes down to which team is better
Didn't say anything about pay2win.
>I'm not sure how you think Dota is tedious and I'm not sure why you think your opinion is worth jack shit when I'm sure you're god damned terrible at videogames.
Ok squirt, you have fun with your same map and 4 buttons and preach about skill all you want.

Thanks for responding.
>>
>>321877517
>valve
>shady bullshit
kek
>>
>>321878212
>Microtransactions
Skins are a fun micro market that do not affect the gameplay at all.
>Trying to charge for mods
Nothing to do with CS:GO
>Map Packs?
That are shit that nobody plays, if they're good they get added to the active duty pool for free.
>>
>>321878212
>Microtransanctions
None of which have affected CSGO or DOTA in any real tangible way. We don't talk about TF2 though.

>Trying to charge for mods
And then they redacted it. Realized it wasn't a good idea. It's ok for someone to try something, then learn from the backlash and stop trying w/e it is.

>Map Packs?

So what? Not like most people play more than dust2 anyway. Who gives a shit.
>>
>>321878289
no aim assist + analog sticks + shitty rng spray patterns will do that
>>
>>321878289
whats the problem? It runs at 720p max settings silky smooth 30-25fps.
>>
>MOBAS
>RNG-Strike
>Card game
>Esports

LOL
>>
"e-sports" are only a factor in dirty countries
>>
>>321878537
>Skins are a fun micro market that do not affect the gameplay at all.
>That are shit that nobody plays, if they're good they get added to the active duty pool for free.
It's fun or it's shit. Okay.
>Nothing to do with CS:GO
Alright? Are we just lacking reading comprehension tonight? Let me point it out for you.
>you idiots let valve slide on all their shady bullshit because gayben.
>All of their shady bullshit
>All
we good?
>>
>playing videogames to win
i play games exclusively with the intent of losing
>>
Valve hasn't developed a game since Portal 2 in 2011, they're just a bunch of fat greedy assholes just like the cucks who don't mind being cucked out of another game for the next 5 years
>>
>>321878475
1 map yet the game never gets old with all the hero and item combinations.

>>321878212
Literally none of these affect gameplay, and none of them are even bad? You don't pay for maps, you pay for server access. All maps are free in CS:GO. You can download them, host servers with them, play offline, do whatever you want.

All the mods in CS:GO are free.

Skins are skins who actually cares? What a horrendously petty thing to complain about.
>>
>Blizzard so desperate to keep SC2 alive they just throw money at tournaments
>>
>>321878889
the new x-pac kind of revived it greatly. Better balancing + its stand-alone so more people got into it. Not that I know much because I don't play Starcraft 2.
>>
based E-Sports, the Hammer on Normies
>>
File: 1420087492875.jpg (52 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1420087492875.jpg
52 KB, 499x499
>esports
>>
>>321878565
>None of which have affected CSGO or DOTA in any real tangible way. We don't talk about TF2 though.
You don't talk about TF2 because that's evidence of you being wrong.
>And then they redacted it. Realized it wasn't a good idea. It's ok for someone to try something, then learn from the backlash and stop trying w/e it is.
They learned from it? They said they're going to bring it back.
>So what? Not like most people play more than dust2 anyway. Who gives a shit.
Is there a valve response guide? Because all I'm seeing is 'what's the harm' and 'so what'.
>>
>>321878713
I do enough of that in real life.
>>
>>321878728
So CSGO and dota 2 didn't require development?
I guess valve really are geniuses at what they do.
>>
>>321879067
>You don't talk about TF2 because that's evidence of you being wrong.

Or maybe because TF2 has items that actually affect stats you fucking mouthbreathing retard.
>>
>>321877826
kek
>>
>>321878703
I don't see how that would make CS:GO a bad game and people most definitely didn't let paid mods slide, that's why they're not a thing now.
>>
>>321878976
I don't think it did. I didn't even realize it came out until a few weeks after it did, and it's dead on twitch.
>>
>>321878825
>the game never gets old
so thats why the playerbase gets a collective aneurysm every 4 months and starts yelling "PATCH WHEN????"

not mentioning how I personally got bored after 2 matches, because thats probably just me (i dont like when characters do everything themselves after 2 clicks, they even path around obstacles on their own)
>>
>>321879220
mods with their creators bought out
>>
>>321878825
>1 map yet the game never gets old with all the hero and item combinations.
Are you implying nobody has gotten bored of it? That's a hefty claim to make anon.
>Literally none of these affect gameplay
But it does. How do I open a box? I've already bought the game, isn't that enough? But no, you gotta buy a key and you're not guaranteed anything of worth back. In most cases you'll get a garbage item nobody wants. Then the game becomes a loot hunt, people set up idle servers, the focus shifts from gameplay to making lottery boxes. After that all new content to release starts to focus on what the player base has been trained to focus on. Tell me I'm wrong. The incentive always more boxes, more drops. It's barely about playing the game anymore.
>You don't pay for maps, you pay for server access.
k
>>
>>321879421
>so thats why the playerbase gets a collective aneurysm every 4 months and starts yelling "PATCH WHEN????"

We do this because getting a patch in dota is something different then in other games.
You'll never know what's going to happen and how everything changes.

We don't want them because the games becomes boring, we want them because of the hype a patch brings.
>>
>>321879275
>Or maybe because TF2 has items that actually affect stats you fucking mouthbreathing retard.
So valve isn't shady then? You trust this will not be implemented in the future for CSGO?

How did you get to mouth breathing through speech? Boy you must be angry to just blurt the usual meme responses. :^)
>>
>>321879565
And the creators work at valve.
They develop.
So valve still developed the games.
>>
>>321876737
>a mod from like 2000 and shit is on the list
i can't believe how seriously people take obviously stupid as fuck shit like this
>>
>>321879381
>and people most definitely didn't let paid mods slide, that's why they're not a thing now.
And valve and bethesda said they're going to happen no matter what. Try to pay attention to the companies you support in the future, that way you wont get burned and feel like an idiot when shit hits the fan.
>>
>>321876737
pretty sure xbox cawadoody is up there too

i think they make more money than any other esport pros in terms of salary and endorsements
>>
>>321880006
The fuck are you talking about? Cod has terrible prize pools. Fucking WoW arena offers more.
>>
>>321879898
>And valve and bethesda said they're going to happen no matter what.

Source on that.
>>
>>321880156
you're fucking retarded
>>
>>321880184
Google it? Do you want me to spoon feed you?
>>
>>321876737
The prize money from 1.6 is pretty skewed. If it's assuming all the CPLs + CPL World Tour, none of that ever got paid out really.

If you finished like 9-16th, you'd get your cash. Top 8 had the HARDEST fucking time getting money out of that organization, and rarely did. They just had clauses that said you couldn't talk shit, because then you definitely weren't getting your money.

Same goes for later ESWC events.
>>
>>321876737
Inb4 everybody gets angry about people playing games for money
>>
>>321880184
it's common knowledge, reddit
>>
>>321879805
>old cannot be good, ever, uh-nuh
>>
>>321880339
Nice post anon. I give you 3 meme points.
>>
>>321880546
underage neo /v/ and a fucking retard, go figure
>>
>>321880375
>>321880472
>Samefagginng

So you have nothing, gotcha.
>>
File: tYn4FeH.png (11 KB, 382x134) Image search: [Google]
tYn4FeH.png
11 KB, 382x134
>>321881149
You have nothing.
>>
>>321881572
I can do that too, still no source though :3
>>
>>321876737
>best
>esports
>earnings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyNFSzwTtF8
>>
>>321881674
Says more about you then us doesn't it? A search engine to complicated for you?
>>
>>321881907
I'm not wasting my time to find source on your bullshit claims, that's not how it works buddy.
>>
>>321877826
Adds my collection. Thanks.
>>
>>321879275

>Or maybe because TF2 has items that actually affect stats you fucking mouthbreathing retard.

Wait what?
Since when?

I call bullshit on this.
>>
>>321876737
CS:GO is on xbox you fuggin dork
>>
>>321879381
>that's why they're not a thing now.
But they are.
>>
>>321876737
How the fuck is sc2 3rd, the game is literally dead.
>>
>>321884567
The game is very clearly not dead if it's having more tourneaments than DOTA and LoL combined and moving 18 million dollars.
>>
>>321884839
Amount of tournaments makes sense if you count all the shitty online cups. Im surprised about the prize money, especially since it isnt a team game so you wouldnt have to share.

Sc2 offline tournaments have like 5 spectators and on twitch it isnt really popular either.
>>
>>321876737
esports are cancer and ruined pc gaming, there is only 1 fucking good game on there and its the original CS.
>>
>>321885178
Doesn't Proleague move around a lot of money? I stopped watching right around the time Kespa got their gookjew hands on the game, but back then the top SCBW players were rolling in the cash.
>>
>>321885178
I remember some years ago MLG would do like a SC2 toruneament every week, but apparently they dropped the game.

Anyone knows where I can follow SC2 tourneaments?

>>321885364
>Ruined PC gaming

How?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.