[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy SHIT how do I get good? I'm stuck on mission 39 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: edf_41_ps4_001.jpg (775 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
edf_41_ps4_001.jpg
775 KB, 1920x1080
Holy SHIT how do I get good? I'm stuck on mission 39 and I'm getting my dick ripped off. I barely survive the first wave and then the queen ants spawn and I just couldn't be more fucked.

Also EDF thread because no one talks about this game and how awesome it is.
>>
Either grind armour from carriers or replay early missions on higher difficulties for better loot.

Easiest way to do it.
>>
>>321874830

Well see the thing is that there is a weapon and armor limit that you can't turn off, so I'm stuck using shitter weapons.
>>
Which difficulty are you playing on?
>>
>>321875216

Normal. It's my first EDF game and I'm playing as wing diver, The armor and weapon level locks fuck with you and you have to fight like 5 queen ants and a shitload of Hectors at once. Also I just looked it up and it says that playing in the online mode even solo gives all the enemies triple health and damage...so that would probably explain some of my issues. It really fucking blows balls that your offline progress doesn't transfer online though.
>>
>>321875369
Yes, I remember online fucks you over if you play solo to prevent some exploiting.
I'd recommend playing on Hard. Normal really feels like Easy in 2025 (haven't played 4.1 yet because EU, but I'd imagine they be pretty same) and drops really shit weapons throughout the whole campaign, I think even final mission have lvl 0 equip in drop pool, but can't be sure.
Play on Hard. It's more than manageable solo and in co-op without armor grinding, and you get much more fun weapons and HP limit.
>>
Just piggy back off some high level dudes who are grinding on inferno.
If you're not too useless, they won't kick you.
>>
>>321876776

Well as a wing diver I can fly around and grab shit. Maybe I'll actually try that.
>>
>>321877509
They'll definitely want you in that case.
Wing divers make grinding a hell of a lot easier, so you'll always have a comfy little niche.
>>
>>321875729

What exploit fucks over single player online?
>>
>>321878083
Been a year since I played the game, don't remember. Maybe just to prevent people from geting online achievements or something, dunno.
>>321877872
No one really uses WDs for collecting loot, that what Fencers are usually for in pro parties.
>>
>>321874642
The thumbnail made it look like Godzilla.

It's not Godzilla.
;_;
>>
>>321878331
Not universally, any how, but I see your point.
>>
Someone post a webm that will make me get the game
>>
File: EDF 1.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
EDF 1.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>321878819
Someone should make some for 4.1.
>>
How does online work? Do weapon and armor drops go to everyone in the group or just the one who picked it up?
And is the armor capped at 216 for wing divers?
>>
>>321879153
Pick ups count for everyone. And the armor/weapon limit can be changed by the host.
>>
>>321879153
Health effects everyone if you are a foot soldier. Not sure about the other upgrades though.
>>
>>321879153
Everyone gets everything. If you collect 10 boxes of armor, everyone gets those 10 boxes.
Cap depends on difficulty you play. Host can get rid of caps, but he must have 70% game completion or something to be able to do that.
>>
File: 20150123224110.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
20150123224110.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack.
>>
Is it worth it to buy a ps4 for this and bloodborne? I have 380$ and tempted to order one off of amazon
>>
>>321879941
It depends entirely on you.
These 2 games, Nier 2 and Yakuza 0 are the reason I got PS4 for myself this Christmas. Honestly, Bloodborne alone was worth it.
>>
>>321879941
For this and Bloodborne? That seems worth it to me.
>>
Wing Diver is feeling really underwhelming. I can fly but that's it. Everyone else is calling in massive airstrikes and shooting rockets that lock onto 100000 enemies at once.
>>
>>321881320
WD excel in caves, crowd control and sniping. Gungnir is by far the hardest hitting gun in the game.
>>
>>321881902

How so with sniping? The only snipers I have are somewhat ok line beams that eat all your energy, or shitty electro snipers that go off target 90% of the time. I did see that they are incredible in caves though,
>>
>>321882136
Monster guns. They eat up all your power, but deal immense damage on pretty much any range.
>>
Did this come out in Europe yet?
>>
>>321879941
I just got a PS4 and have no games for it.
I plan on getting Bloodborne and this game as my first 2 as well.
Should be a fun combo.
>>
>>321879941

This is a port of a PS3 game, which was a remake of a PS2 game.

It's really good, but it's not worth buying a console for. If you don't having a gaming PC, I would say you should get a PS4 however, especially if you have an interest in Bloodborne (which is really good).
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.