[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Loot Crate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11
Thoughts on Loot Crate?
>>
They're great if you feel like paying money to get a box full of garbage you'll never need or want shipped to you each month. Wonderful service for hoarders.
>>
bunch of useless tat that only pays off for youtubers because they get views from unboxing this shit
>>
It's like playing the retard lottery. You spend 13 bucks a month and hope they send you a box full of good shit, but it's all flimsy trinkets and shit you would never use.

Only good for people that like to hide their loneliness by hanging nerd culture bullshit on their walls instead of pictures of their friends and family
>>
>>321868345
its one giant rip off meme
>>
Its full of overpriced crap made with crap quality. If you like it you probably need to go back to reddit.

>>321868927
Ashens' loot crate unboxing videos are quite good since he's never excited about the items.
>>
>>321868345
You're better off saving the money. It's 20 dollars, sure, but you could just save that for games or whatever specific merch you want. For this service, you may get something from a franchise you like, but you also may get some garbage alongside it, probably from some show you never watch. Most of the good stuff you can buy alone in other places nowadays.
>>
Bunch of stuff you'll more then likely throw away or toss on your shelves because "I paid for this."
Best use of loot crate is for future gifts.
>>
File: 1444600909511.jpg (349 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444600909511.jpg
349 KB, 1920x1080
A tiny box of geek culture bullshit
>>
Theyre pretty hit and miss. Watch unboxing videos the night before the lootcrate ends and decide if you want it. The last crate was pretty rad, star wars pop vinyl and an ugly sweater space short among other things. Dont let poorfags tell you theyre all shit. Most sre shit, some are not.
>>
Le epik geek kulture XXdd
>>
File: harold.jpg (31 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
harold.jpg
31 KB, 300x450
>>321868345
I've been a subscriber for 6 months and I'm not renewing it, I'll tell you firsthand what my thoughts are.

It's 95% shit, 5% of the stuff is actually decent. I'm still stuck with the 95% of shit that I never wanted/needed and have no way of hauling it off. Might give it to goodwill or sell it on ebay.

I'll tell you the stuff I liked so far:
Bill & Ted Excellent Adventure T-Shirt
Terminator Skull/Keychain
Hearthstone stress ball & gold coin.
Vault Boy bobblehead(could have just bought it from the beth store).
Los Pollos Hermanos apron(which wasn't even an exclusive item, can be bought for $6 somewhere)
Carnage coffee mug
A miniature hoverboard based on the one from Back to the Future Part II.

I'm actually pissed off that they're mailing me another one next month and there's no way for me to get a refund. I'll just get more useless shit that I don't want, with a RARE chance that I'll get one thing that's cool. Bottom line, it's basic bitch nerd shit and I don't even know why I even bothered to try out their service. Oh yeah, because I have an inordinate amount of extra cash to blow and I'm a retarded impulse buyer. Would have been better to spend it on strippers, steam games, dragon dildos, whatever.

Also they're sending out POP! vinyl figures more frequently which makes them even worse because they're all shit. The only one that's tolerable for me is the Doc Brown one that came with the hover board model.
>>
>>321868345
Shitty quality meme products that you'll never use or even care about.

My business partner gets them and unboxes them on Youtube.
When Terminator 5 came out, he received a Terminator chip keychain. It's so obscure that nobody, even fellow nerds aren't going to notice it at a glance. If anything, it looks like a hershey bar.

>pic related
>>
>>321869779
>pretty rad
>pop vinyl
THE worst merchandise that exists. Really sold me there, buddy.
>>
>>321869937
here
>>321870054
That's the keychain I like. I like it more because it's a heavy dense piece of metal that keeps my keys in a steady position within my pocket. And he's right, nobody has caught on that it is a CPU of a terminator.
>>
>>321869416
>Ashen's (...) videos are quite good
Fixed
>>
It's second rate shit they couldn't sell at retail. Just let that sink in for a minute. It's the shit that a mentally retarded demographic that buys anything (see "geek culture") didn't even want. It's awful. I got a free box just to see the kind of stuff you could get, and it was just awful. And they want you to pay for that shit monthly.
>>
File: ashens.png (5 KB, 168x203) Image search: [Google]
ashens.png
5 KB, 168x203
>>321870205
>its a food review with an other youtuber -video
>>
A great company that sucks the money out of compulsive hoarders pockets. This is what capitalism is all about.
>>
>reddit crate
>>
>>321868345
Have you seen their fanbase? Quite possibly the most autistic people I have ever come across.
>>
>>321870689
SUCH A NE3ERD normalfags?
>>
What ever happened to the subscription based crate Nintendo was going to put out? Would you guys buy that instead?
>>
Every single "subscription crate" kind of service is a scam.

All of them.
>>
My mom ordered a years sub for me as a surprise. Some of the stuff is ok, everything else goes on ebay
>>
>>321869937
Also a sub for 6 months, probably about the same time of starting too, and about the only thing I can give half a fuck about were the replica hoverboard, the Bill & Ted tee and the hearthstone items. The rest is total chink shite and I regret it unfathomable amounts. Don't ever do it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa7TcdabUiE
>>
>>321868345
>absolute shit quality useless "nerdculture" trash sold at ridiculous prices
will you fuck off with the shilling already
>>
File: 1450926638379.png (186 KB, 516x505) Image search: [Google]
1450926638379.png
186 KB, 516x505
>>321870790
This, and their sperging over absolutely anything. Reddit but 3x the concentration from being a small community. It's like they pride themselves on owning this total shite, total shite that isn't even exclusive most of the time.
For shits and giggles, post on the chat/forum thing an unboxing vid or pictures and watch the autistic flurry of spergs: "OH MYY GAWD WHY DID YOU DO THAT ITS SUPPOSED TO BE A SEKRET"
>>
>>321870968
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOIj2D6ylOM
>>
>>321871089
Too add, watch one of the unboxing videos and just look at them. Hideous.
>>
>>321868345
Shit. I've heard they are quite childish and elitist when it comes to opinions different to theirs, even cancelling partnerships over it.
>>
The scummiest part of it is you are often paying for advertisements, like it will just be a shit gimmick item for an upcoming movie, small preview comic to get you to buy the full thing etc
>>
Watch this middle aged YouTube hasbeen open a lootcrate and you'll understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA3T2h2zLdo
>>
>>321871089
I feel like I need to spoil these crates for these autists every month now.
>>
I just wish I had come up with such an easy way to scam "nerds"
>>
File: loot.png (314 KB, 1971x1125) Image search: [Google]
loot.png
314 KB, 1971x1125
These crate things are scams.

The only people who get good shit are those who promote it on their youtube. They get paid to do it so they have to get really good stuff from em to look good. Everyone else who subscribes get crap items.

OP is also likely to be a paid shill to ask it on /v/ to spark interest in some suckers.
>>
>>321872015
Everyone gets the same stuff. Everyone gets crap
>>
>>321872015
They don't all get paid, e.g Ashens, he shits on the box nearly every time and pretty much says not to get it.

Also who is that Robert guy because he's based as fuck
>>
>>321872095
No anon. Only people who are paid to promote them on youtube will get the good shit. Everyone else gets the crap.
>>
inflatable crown
>>
>>321872015
>only youtubers get good shit

Except everyone receives the same shit every month. If you're gonna shitpost about it, at least be slightly informed.
>>
>>321872272
My friend unboxes them on his youtube channel and I guarantee he isn't paid to promote them in any shape or form (his videos gets around 20 views a pop)
>>
>>321872232
>e.g Ashens, he shits on the box nearly every time and pretty much says not to get it.

Because he's not a promoter. He's just a idiot subscriber who buys it to tell people he's getting crap.
>>
>>321872362
Well, technically he makes youtube money off shitting on the box, so he isn't that stupid is he
>>
>>321872348
Your friend isn't big enough for people to pay him to promote their boxes.

For fucks sake.. who the fuck would pay someone who only gets 20 views?
>>
>>321872015
>The only people who get good shit are those who promote it on their youtube.
>good shit
it's all shit anon
>>
>>321868345

i have never heard of this this thing before this thread
>>
>>321872440
My point (that I forgot to put into my post) was that my friend got the same crap as many big name youtubers
>>
>>321868345
It's pretty good. I once got a full BLACKED video collection which we wached later with my wife and her son.
>>
>>321872440
He's pointing out you're clearly misinformed since his friend gets the same shit as big youtubers. Everyone gets the same shit stuff, the LE EPIC youtubers just shout/act that they love it and idiots feel like they should too to fit in. Everyone gets the same shit.
>>
I like the mantry boxes. But that's because I cook and my wife is super fobby and thinks everything that's not rice and omelettes are fucking amazing
>>
>>321872516
Some of those big name youtubers aren't shills, they just do it because they know they will get enough views just to make back that money and more.
>>
File: WArYfGL.jpg (118 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
WArYfGL.jpg
118 KB, 960x1280
box of junk worth maybe half as much as what it's sold for, normally shitty figurines and other trinkets on various levels of cringe. almost exclusively based on star wars and marvel\dc comics. in order to buy one you would have to be a magnitude of faggot that i don't even have an analogy to describe. 'geek culture' is a fucking cancer on society and i genuinely hope the mouthbreathing retards that buy these boxes swallow their own tongues and die peacefully in their sleep
>>
>>321872440

>tfw high quality recording equipment and only 20 views of me unboxing a box of doo doo
>>
I've had a sub for a while and it has gotten progressively worse. It's a box of shit that you may see on the internet and thing "heh, that is neat.. maybe", but wouldn't actually spend money on.

I would have canceled this shit a long time ago, but I am lazy and it's on auto pay....
>>
It's full of random LOL US NERDS shit, every month. Always with crossover shirts that don't work. They almost always have those fugly Funko POP figures, strike two.

Last strike is that it's always completely random and you won't know what you're getting until it's too late and even their stupid fucking commercial knows this. So you can get an entire box of inflatable shit, a POP figure, and soke random Joker or Dr Who shit and they'd say WELL THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT MONTH.

I signed up for Omakase like a shmuck because I wanted the Kill la Kill box, but at least they fucking tell you what you're getting. Oh and you have two monthsnto decide.
>>
File: 1443849904547.jpg (145 KB, 1002x994) Image search: [Google]
1443849904547.jpg
145 KB, 1002x994
if you like stuff like this, just buy things you like. don't get a box of random shit thats gonna be 90% of stuff you dont like.
I think most subscribers are lonely nerds that try to emulate the feeling of happyness by receiving a gift box from a "pseudo-friend"
>>
File: P1000690.jpg (385 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
P1000690.jpg
385 KB, 1280x960
>>321868345
>Loot Crate

It's just a cardboard box of plastic crap. There's nothing loot or crate about it.

>>321870835
Just about, yeah. Indie Box is the closest it gets to being legit, since it's themed around one game, has the appearance and contents of a 90's PC game box and guaranteed items like the game itself, a manual and a soundtrack.

Unfortunately its "collectors" items still end up being garbage. I only got the Freedom Planet one because I love that game and it gave me this vomit-inducing wallet and a marble in a bag.
>>
A-Anyone know if the J-List snack boxes are worth it? They're advertised heavily on this site
>>
I've never paid for it, but I snagged a code for a Hearthstone pack someone got and gave up because they didn't play Hearthstone, so it's alright I guess
>>
>>321873042
Indie Box is hit or miss. Their Axiom Verge box was really well done imo. They just need a better selection of games.
>>
>>321873115
just buy regular snacks, is it really worth it to pay $6 fucking dollars for a trail size strawberry kit-kat?
>>
>>321868345
I did it for like 8 months.
Sometimes you get some neat stuff, but its mostly junk.
Great for cheap pajama shirts though, and the designs aren't as bad as you'd think.
>>
>>321873228
Their selection of games is alright, they have to be above a certain metacritic score to qualify and you're notified weeks in advance of billing of what they are

it's the items that are very much hit or miss, like you said
>>
>>321872015
Is that Robbaz?
>>
>>321870968
#LOOT GET
>>
>>321873115
I ordered a Japan Crate and I know I'm going to feel ripped off. And I would just buy the snacks if I had a Japanese market near here.
>>
>>321870835
>Implying Dork Cube isnt God tier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa7TcdabUiE&ab_channel=Jerma985
>>
>>321873670
already linked
>>321870968
Delete this
>>
>>321868345
>>>/toy/
>>
>>321873531
>>321872232

Yeah it's robbaz
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.