[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To whoever has played this game, what do you think and do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (274 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
274 KB, 1920x1080
To whoever has played this game, what do you think and do you recommend it?
>>
>>321856265
>what do you think
its good

>do you recommend it?
yes but dont buy it now, wait for the enhanced version or whatever the fuck its called. don't get tricked into double dipping.
>>
It has a slow start and it is a bit too easy.

Besides that, it's great. Plattforming has a Rayman Origins/Legends feel to it and feels very tight. Gameplay is basically metroid light.

Play it.
>>
My wife has been praising it heavily.
>>
>>321856506
What's the enhanced version?
>>321856560
Do you like the story?
>>
presentation is 10/10
gameplay is 4/10, 7/10 if you enjoy metroid style games

if you can get it on sale then yeah I'd recommend it
>>
I got to the part where you hold the ball and stick to the ceiling and got exhausted calculating the motions.

It's basically a metroidvania with beautiful art, simple combat, and obnoxious platforming.
>>
>>321856749
It's 10 or 11 on steam right now I think.
Are there any specific critiques you have?
>>
>>321856265
definitely would recommend, really really good game. progression is there, gameplay is solid, even kinda challenging, story is good, music is great, graphics are good and it's pretty immersive which is rare for those kind of game
>>321856667
there is no enhanced version, they announced something like this but it's not even on horizon. plus everyone who owns the original would get it if it's gonna happen
>>
>>321856838
I can't think outside the box and I hate platformers, no guns or blood either
>>
File: outlandmaxresdefault.jpg (329 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
outlandmaxresdefault.jpg
329 KB, 1920x1080
I preferred this game because it was tighter, but Ori was a good game. The hard segment sections were polarizing (you'll either quit playing or love them) and some things weren't tightened up, and it's bland/boring towards the end. Otherwise and overall a great game
>>
>>321856902
Yes it is. Spring 2016 is DLC and Definitive Edition

"Getting Ori on a sale now and the upgrade later will be cheaper than buying DE for full price :)" - Official Twitter

"In official news: We want to let our fans know that you can play Ori Definitive Edition in Spring 2016 & will have more news to share soon!" - Also Official Twitter
>>
>>321857134
So I should buy on sale?
>>
>>321857134
>will be cheaper than buying DE for full price

i like how they don't tell you how much cheaper, it will probably be like 59 cents cheaper. also the fact they announced shit barely a few months after release is slimy as fuck.
>>
>>321857239
If you think you will end up buying the game, now would be the opportune time.
>>
>>321857341
"Since we're getting asked all the time: The DE of Ori will naturally be significantly discounted for people who own the original game!" -Ori Official Twitter, 12/23/15

You are probably right, but saying significantly will bite them in the ass if it's not at least half off.
>>
>>321856265
Bought it for $10 on sale for the Xbox. 8.75/10 game for me. Solid metroidvania with great visuals and animation with a nice story and music. It's pretty difficult and can kick your ass pretty often. Only thing I didn't really like was that a lot of the enemies were really tedious and annoying to fight.
>>
>>321856265
Just bought it today. I can't stop playing it. Gameplay is great, can be nicely challenging, music is amazing, art style is beautiful, and ori's animations are expressive too. Can't wait to play it more. Just got to the forlorn ruins.

I've never played a metroidvania before so it was a sort of new experience dor me. That's my thoughts with it so far.

I swear in not a marketer, I'm just really enjoying the game.
>>
>>321858028
That's what a marketer would say you sly dog
>>
>>321856265
our xbox one came with it

i finished the boring as fuck intro and then set it down to actually play the game part but haven't really felt compelled to. it took at least 30 minutes just to start the game, i don't give a shit about the retarded hamfisted story that makes no sense at all (even though its told without text, it somehow doesn't make any sense). it shows you dying and then miraculously you just wake up and thats when i just put it down. needs a non-story mode a-la freedom planet
>>
>>321857134
>"Getting Ori on a sale now and the upgrade later will be cheaper than buying DE for full price :^)"
Of course the upgrade isn't free
>>
>>321860012

The fuck?

That's literally like five minutes into the game. How short an attention span do you have?

OP, I've not really got very far through it myself (though unlike this faggot I've actually played the game). It's pretty okay, not the best gameplay of all time but I found it very attractive visually and the gameplay good enough to still find it entertaining.

I'd say give it a go, personally
>>
>>321860960
see i would understand your reaction if we were talking about an rpg, but i don't like cinematics or emphasis on story in a platformer. i couldnt even bother to play the newer shantae games, they start out boring

my attention span isn't short, its just when i want to play a game i play a game, and i have a whole library of games that scratch the itch better than a 'five' minute intro of carrying a bundle of fruit at walkings pace to a dying thing
>>
>>321856749

I agree that the non-gameplay elements are superior to the actual gameplay, but you're selling it short. It's still a good game regardless, just has excellent music/aesthetic/story (for a platformer) as well.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.