[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ninja Gaiden Thread (How can they save the series edition).
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: Ninja Gaiden Black.jpg (163 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Ninja Gaiden Black.jpg
163 KB, 1280x1024
Ninja Gaiden Thread (How can they save the series edition).

I can't think of a game with better done difficulty. All the enemies can be learned and beaten efficiently yet are ruthless and fairly challenging. The difficulty modes are still better done than any game I've ever seen. Actually new content in each difficulty mode. Weapon and item locations change. Most enemy attacks don't really do more damage with old existing attacks. Their AI just gets smarter and/or they have modified movesets in order to be more lethal. Literally this game is almost a perfect opposite of artificial (fake or lazy) difficulty.

Hell even bosses with multiple adds are far more balanced against having adds than most games and the adds only respawn after the boss loses enough health and their AI and player controls fit the multi enemy setup perfectly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this particular game does difficulty better than the rest by far.

PS: The reason I didn't include Sigma 1, Ninja Gaiden 2 and beyond is because NG2 ruins the balance and becomes artificial by adding tons of more damage on higher difficulties in addition to just spamming rocket/grenade launcher foes all over the game for lazy increases in difficulty. Even Sigma 2 doesn't make it completely right.
Ninja Gaiden 3 is a just a fucking joke.

Going back to Sigma well it's just not the definitive edition of this game. Unfortunately its the most reliable to get. But it takes out many good puzzles in Black and the Original and only adds shitty and lazy motorcycle riders and the atrociously done and unnecessary Rachel missions. To top things off the game actually lacks prior content. Their are only 3 outfits/skins in the whole game. Black has something like 7 in comparison each looking far better (except obviously the ones that are in both which obviously sigma does better).
>>
After 3, 3:RE and Yaiba I think we need to accept that it's just never coming back. Still have the same fuck up in charge of directing 4. Time to let it go.
>>
>>321846125
Perhaps that's true. But it still stands that this kind of game design needs to be more the norm than the lazy shit we have today.
>>
I bought two different consoles just for the first one, it pains me to say it's dead Jim.
>>
>>321846313
I wish to god a freaking Xbox emulator worked just for this game. Would be nice if someone built it just to work for this game like someone did for Halo.
>>
>>321846020
Let it die. You got one good game and one okay game, the rest were shit. Don't get me started on fucking Yaiba. IF there's an NG4 it's guaranteed to be shit just based off the past.
>>
>>321846642
I have it for digital download on 360, I think you can still purchase it on XBL.
>>
>>321847028
Oh sweet. Didn't know that. Load times should be better then too. Might go get me an Xbox 360 if that's the case.
>>
>>321846020
Just a little correction: some attacks DO more damage on higher difficulties, even if the % going from Very Hard to Master Ninja is almost insignificant, is there.

NGB is mostly enjoyable and all but is far from perfect. That said there is no perfect game and being probably among the best action games is something.
>>
I just started playing these games for the first time. Unfortunately i couldn't play the first one so i had to start to Sigma 2 and it's the only one i played so far.

I really liked the game and I'm gonna play it on mentor too. That being said i have played some team missions on the highest difficulty and this game does have some legitimate cheap things in it. Some of the grab moves are pretty fucking ridiculous considering there is literally less then one second of telegraphing for an instant kill.

I did watch an LP of the first one, AH BLOO AH BLOO AH BLOO get over it faggits, and honestly i don't see where all the hype it is. I can see that the game is good but i was expecting to be blown away. Bwt, i did play the demo way back in the day on PS3, so i know just how it plays.

I did notice that the damage was NO WHERE near as ridiculous as NG2 and i liked that but everything else looked inferior. The story was pants on head retarded, there was very little enemy variation, the level design was just ugly with all the brown and grey everywhere, and most of all the "adventure" part of the game was really REALLY archaic, like even below DMC1 and that was pretty basic already if you ask me.

I also bought NG3:RE. I see it gets a lot of hate, I'm hoping it's just really bad case of nostalgia fagging and that it's not that bad because i really liked 2 and i want to have more fun with this franchise. I know it adds some fucking quick time events, not looking forward to that, but i also heard that RE improved on the base game which left a real bad taste in people's mouths.
>>
>>321847678
>I did notice that the damage was NO WHERE near as ridiculous as NG2 and i liked that but everything else looked inferior. The story was pants on head retarded, there was very little enemy variation, the level design was just ugly with all the brown and grey everywhere, and most of all the "adventure" part of the game was really REALLY archaic

You can't really say that after watching one playthrough because as the OP said there is slightly different stuff in each difficulty.

RE is not bad, just mediocre. Changed a lot of core stuff for no reason + it has a lot of issues compared to the previous games. Mostly just get a pass because "is better than NG3".
>>
>>321848189
It can't change that much dude, isn't it just different enemies at different stages like NG2?

Another thing that i forgot to mention was that while on NG2 the fights are hectic as fuck but relatively short, some of the fights on this game just dragged on and on and ON, and the guy playing was kind of a shitter that would skip fights too.

I was honestly expecting the game to be more like the demo with those types of locations like the Ninja village but it's the complete opposite.

What kind of issues does RE have?
>>
>>321847678
>damage was NO WHERE near as ridiculous as NG2
The fuck? Sigma 2 is broken exactly because of higher damage and instakill grabs.
>>
>>321850646
I know that post is filled with typos and I'm really tired but I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with that particular sentence.

I'm saying the dame in not as high as NG2 and that is good. Read nigga, read.
>>
>>321846020
>The reason I didn't include Sigma 1, Ninja Gaiden 2 and beyond is because NG2 ruins the balance and becomes artificial by adding tons of more damage on higher difficulties in addition to just spamming rocket/grenade launcher foes all over the game for lazy increases in difficulty.

Opinion immediately thrown in the garbage. You probably play on normal/warrior.

>But it takes out many good puzzles in Black and the Original

If you want half-assed puzzles in an action game you should probably consider suicide.
>>
>>321851157
*damage

Fuck, I'm slipping in and out of consciousness mid-sentence at this point.
>>
>>321850646
>The fuck? Sigma 2 is broken exactly because of higher damage and instakill grabs.

Maybe trying getting good, you know? Sorry that you can't spam the same attacks over and over on weak, braindead enemies. Sigma 2 enemies are more intelligent, aggressive, and have more health so they don't just die in 2 hits.
>>
>>321851189
>trying to argue with NGB fans

Just let it be, my experience on /v/ regarding NG is that you never argue with NGB fans, they can't see beyond that game
>>
>>321851157
But damage in NGS2 IS higher than in NG2.
>>
I got Sigma 1 for PS3 a few days ago (Since I don't have an Xbox console and I have no intention of buying one atm).

The game is fun and good, but I wouldn't mind having the opportunity to play Black because I heard Sigma was directed by another guy (And I want to play the game the way the original dev designed it).

I'm definitely not going to buy Sigma 2, since I read they did tone down the gore (Correct me if I'm wrong).

So let's start talking about the game, how do I beat the room on Chapter 3 where enemies keep entering through the window?
>>
>>321851369
Nice bait but I did beat NGS2 on MNM. Balance is pure bullshit in that game.
>>
>>321851674
And so did I buddy, which is why I'm telling you right now that it isn't and you need to get good and quit bitching that you can't just spam the same moves on low health enemies.

Now provide proof of beating MNM or get the fuck out.
>>
>>321851570
I'M COMPARING NGS2 TO NGS1
>>
>>321851573
Sigma 2 has much more worse changes than removing of blood. So yeah, stay away from it if you can.
>how do I beat the room on Chapter 3 where enemies keep entering through the window?
It's a challenge room. You need to kill 120 enemies there. Maybe less on lower difficulty.
>>
>>321851573
>caring about "le ebin gore! xDD" in an action game played for its deep combat mechanics

Reddit is that-a-way, take your fedora and your katana with you
>>
>>321851573
you kill 1 enemy and start UT chaining with the Dragon Sword until everything is dead

btw that's a fiend challenge, they are optional but they net you some useful items if you complete them. In Normal you have to beat 60 enemies I think, and the amount increases +20 in each difficulty (it also changes the type of enemy in each challenge)
>>
File: IMG585.jpg (229 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG585.jpg
229 KB, 768x1024
>>321851768
>you can't just spam the same moves on low health enemies
You actually can and it's actually better way to play since doing something like counter is MUCH more risky than in vanilla.
>Now provide proof of beating MNM or get the fuck out.
Now, show me yours.
>>
WHO /ninjagaidenNES/ HERE?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvSDvn73xp0
>>
>>321851570
I just read up on the difference and nowhere does it say increased damage, only increased enemy health.
>>
>>321852553
It is increaced though. Plus grabs now instakill you instead of being 20-25% damage.
>>
>>321851985
Fuck off and take your meme shit with you. I'm >>321847678 and even i can tell you that removing the gore has an impact on enjoyment. It should not be enough to stop anyone from playing the game but it IS a step backwards.
>>
File: ngs2.png (586 KB, 1039x395) Image search: [Google]
ngs2.png
586 KB, 1039x395
>>321852837
Considering you haven't even played or beaten Mentor, let alone MNM, your opinion means jack shit and you need to get out.

>>321852319
So you're just an idiot then? And can't even beat chapter challenges or team missions... lmao
>>
>>321853216
Nice image from google!
>can't even beat chapter challenges
For what purpose? It's the same as main campaing.
>or team missions
Literally why? I don't want to depend on shitty partner or dumb AI. Forced coop in missions is worst idea ever.
>>
>>321853216
What does any of that have to do with the gore in the game? Can you even come up with one fucking legitimate argument you "1v1 fite me faggit lets see ur K/D" underage?
>>
File: 7392-1.jpg (3 MB, 1866x2679) Image search: [Google]
7392-1.jpg
3 MB, 1866x2679
>>321853416
>I-IT'S F-FAKE!!! >:(((

lmao, here's another one. (old pic)

And chapter challenge removes the crutch of items and you have lower health/less ninpo
>>
>>321853550
It means you're a casual underage shitter that needs to leave this thread and let the adults speak.
>>
>>321846642
>Would be nice if someone built it just to work for this game like someone did for Halo.
Yes pls
>>
>>321853672
Another pic you stole from /cgg/? That's a solid proof.
>>
>>321853779
So, you cant. Just another meme faggot shitting up this place. Alright.
>>
File: 1329720499012.png (4 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
1329720499012.png
4 KB, 302x237
>>321846020

PC port when?
>>
>>321853216
>someone who cares about trophies

I came to this thread to tell you that YOU are the one whos opinions mean jack. Fuck off, cancer.
>>
>>321854069
>GIT GUD XD
>>
File: lmao.png (719 KB, 1080x426) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
719 KB, 1080x426
>>321853914
Are you really this stupid or are you just pretending to be dense?

I don't have any paper but here's a different angle with my controller

>>321854069
I'm just using trophies as proof. Calm down autismo, you sound real butthurt right about now.
>>
File: 1421874312082.jpg (19 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1421874312082.jpg
19 KB, 413x395
>>321854610
>I don't have any paper
>here's a different angle with my controller
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.