[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've kinda lost the appeal of free roam. Going about with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: infamous_second_son.jpg (846 KB, 2852x1753) Image search: [Google]
infamous_second_son.jpg
846 KB, 2852x1753
I've kinda lost the appeal of free roam. Going about with no clear goal just doesn't do it for me anymore.
>>
>>321832567
Same here. I keep thinking about it and I still have no idea how I spent so many hours dicking around in San Andreas. I can't remember what I did.
>>
>>321832567
free roam is just a way for developers to be lazy for the most part
>>
>>321832774
>>321832567

Agreed, I just want some shiny marker on the map telling me where to go and what to do.

I wouldnt be playing video games if I knew how to have fun myself.
>>
>>321832852
I'm not saying I want to always be told what to do. I'd just like if there was more to do in open world games. Infamous second son for example, once you beat everything and just free roam there's nothing to do except get into fights or just run around
>>
Its pretty common as you get older to suddenly need more structure in your games where as when people are young just having a big world to get lost in and explore is enough.

I wish i could go back desu.
>>
>>321832567
Hey, maybe you could finally beat the main questline in Skyrim
>>
The problem is that developers cut too many corners these days. In Morrowind you could go adventuring and accidentally stumble upon something amazing and out of the way. In the newer games like Fallout 4 that sort of feeling is literally impossible to achieve as there is nothing hidden and out of the way and everything is scaled to your level.
>>
>>321832837
Not sure how retarded you are tbqh
>>
lot of procedurally generated crap that doesn't contribute anything now.
>>
>>321832567
What's up with his middle finger in this image? That doesn't look right.
>>
>>321833625
Morrowind was amazing for rewarding you for exploring. Most games punish you even if not directly by wasting your time to redo what you already did such as traveling back to the cleared dungeon.

On Morrowind there are enchanted items hidden in stumps within the very first town and a decent enchanted axe if you are willing to hop on a few rocks near the lighthouse. Also literally in the first newbie town unless you go out of your way to explore there will be an artifact that no quest whatsoever in the game will have you to go out and get. Yet it is just sitting there waiting to be taken and being an artifact will count for a later quest dealing with that museum. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Samarys_Ancestral_Tomb

Seem like every square inch of the game was look at where compare to Skyrim where Dungeon #21 is a line and even have the end of it connected to the start with a shortcut lever just like the other 20 dungeons before it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.