[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im really bad at this. 40 bucks at gamestop just to repeatedly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: fuckinggame.jpg (8 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
fuckinggame.jpg
8 KB, 290x174
im really bad at this. 40 bucks at gamestop just to repeatedly have my ass handed to me by one street full of cockneys.

any tips?
>>
>>321821773

git gud
>>
um.. hehe.. have you,,.. uh, haha.. considered

*smirk*

that you might

git gud?
>>
become better
>>
Acquire ability.
>>
>>321822039
true that
learn to dodge and dont get greedy
do not be afraid to level up your weapon
thats about it i guess
>>
Take it slow and advance carefully.
>>
git gud

t. pro gamer :)
>>
Gain skill
>>
>>321821773
what're you having trouble with, specifically? a boss? certain enemy types?
>>
>>321821773
Until you level up, use pebbles to take on one villager at a time. Once you learn an enemy's move set, you're gonna be way more confident in taking on more than 10 at a time.
>>
kill them before they kill you
>>
>>321821773
I'm so bored that might be willing to help someone out one of these days.

>>321822224
Underated post
>>
>>321821773
hold down circle and run past all of the ones you cant fight

you can do this for every enemy in the game that isnt a boss
>>
get saw, open it, and cycle r2 > r1 > r1 and you'll beat the game easily
>>
>>321821773
what weapon did you pick? also, >>321822462
is good advice to just draw out and fight enemies one or two at a time. Learning parry timings with your gun is also useful to deal with the big bastards early on
>>
seriously OP just ran passed that street. backstab the fatty and grab the torch then go find he shortcut.
>>
>>321822359
>t. pro gamer

I dont understand this meme
blunderbus is a decent gun honestly, sure it does no damage, but has a wide arc, and staggers

hunter axe or cleaver is best for your start weapon
>>
Backstep all mobs and then just stun lock em.
Isolate mobs to one on ones using pebbles.
Learn how to parry, actually pretty easy in most cases and especially on mobs with wind up attack animations.
Take your time dont rush, you'll just end up dying.
>>
>>321822650
>not r1 > l1 >r1 starting with untricked version

casul
>>
>>321821773
It's probably not gonna be easy now but take your time, take it slow. Be patient and take them on one at a time. Use line of sight versus ranged ones etc.
>>
>>321822863
Umm r1 > l1 > l1 > l1 > l1 > l1 (∞)

master race
>>
obtain talent
>>
>>321821773
take down one at a time, until you level up more, that should be your strategy for every group of enemies
>>
Don't take on the crowds. Pick them off a couple at a time. When you get to the big burning plaza go up the left balcony, kill whoever comes up then go back down where you came and kill the guys who went back that way.
Don't try and fight pitchfork men while there are rifle men around. Kill the rifle men first.
>>
>>321821773
just pump up your vit to 20-30 asap
>>
walk everywhere, don't run

don't engage things if you don't have a game plan, "maybe I can kill this guy really quick before I get gangraped and the rest will be easy" will lead to a lot of deaths and wasted time

use pebbles to pull things to safe areas and then kill them

find out the most effective swing your weapon has for safely taking down the enemies you're up against, the rifle spear might seem shit but it's crazy good against strong enemies you can stagger because the charged R2 has such good range

I'd kill to play bloodborne for the first time again ;'(
>>
>>321822265
How so I level weapons?
>>321822430
I'm just having trouble in general. The furthest I got was the two wolves on the bridge who at stunlocked me hard. I die at random points between them and the lantern.
>>321822545
I wanted to check out multiplayer, but I don't have money for ps plus.
>>321822680
I took the big barber razor and the pistol. I also bought a tricorn hat from one of the creepy little dudes
>>321823283
I have basically all the patterns memorized, but the camera will wig out or I'll dodge into a wall or an enemy will blindside me or stunlock me and I'll die.
>>
>>321823998
The scourge beasts on the bridge are slow as shit. Just dodge around them while keeping an eye on the other one.
Or you can just run past them and into the house
>>
>>321823998
You can level up weapons in the hunters dream on the workbench inside the house at the top of the path
>>
>>321823998
dont be afraid to run past some enemies, like the werewolves on the bridge.

they cant get past hte door into the dark house

saw cleaver is good, and so is the hunter axe
>>
>>321821773

I just started too, I grinded for a few levels between the bridge and the lamp, beat Cleric Beast and now using Kirkhammer to fuck shit up.

Going to sewers now to die repeatedly.

Don't give up OP.
>>
>>321821773
Yeah, don't be afraid to die in the game. Be aware that you will do so and do so a lot so don't let it frustrate you. Accept it and know that it's as much a part of the game as the level design.

Once you start getting used to patterns and you get good at visceral attacks you will find the game more bearable. It really is a matter of getting gud.
>>
>>321825457
But there is nothing hard in the sewers...
>>
>>321825890
Oh, good. Haven't actually went yet, it's time for beddy bo bos here.
>>
>>321825890
only hard part would consist of the werewolves with weapons with the gunmen shortly after eileen
>>
>>321825890
>But there is nothing hard in the sewers...
>>
>>321825457
How do you level up the player character? Also I found some sort of sewer entrance, but figured id come back later.

I wish I could get that far again.
>>
>>321826473
got to have 1 insight at least then go to the dream

so you can either trigger the optional boss, since you get insight for initiating the fight

or you can get madmans knowledge, which is also in the sewers

one is surrounded by rats and others are crows
>>
Hunter axe and spin to win
>>
>>321826473

After you see Cleric Beast (don't have to beat him) you can level up in Hunter's Dream.
>>
Ok so I'm at lvl 72 I am at Micolash when should I go to cainhurst?
>>
>>321827758
Soon as you find the summons. When you get to Cainhurst, ignore the ticks they aren't worth the trouble. Everything else is business as usual till Logarius. If anything you can level up to around 80 ish if you have trouble.
>>
>>321826782
Is there a way to choose a diffrent starter weapon? Cause I kind of want to try the axe but i picked the razor thing
>>
>>321828084
if you're exploring you should have the summons before you even beat Rom since you get them in in iosefkas clinic right?
>>
>>321828164
Find the saw badge it should allow the messengers to sell you the saw spear and the other starter choices
>>
>>321823998

Advice that I dont see to often is to play defensively by backpedaling and chipping enemies down.

The werewolves on the bridge for example I generally kill by luring one out and trying to do a lot of damage on it, and then when the other one catches up I start backtracking through area I have cleared down the stairs while taking shots at them as they come around corners.

You can stunlock them with anything, so if you manage to get 1v1 you can spam away your entire stam bar.

Also, fire does a shit ton of damage to beasts. You know those molotovs you have been picking up? Use them

Also for the werewolves in particular learn how to properly parry them. Their attacks have slow windups.
>>
File: 1448663650748.jpg (225 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1448663650748.jpg
225 KB, 800x533
jesus fuck OP it's not a hard game
>>
File: 1448339561200.gif (2 MB, 637x358) Image search: [Google]
1448339561200.gif
2 MB, 637x358
>>321823107
Doesn't l1 just transform your weapon? Wat?
>>
File: 0 (28).webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
0 (28).webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>321828791
>Doesn't l1 just transform your weapon?
You can chain it into a combo nigga. Some of the best moves in the game are chained L1's.
>>
>>321822084
here's a you for (you)! made me giggle.
>>
>>321828791
l1 right after r1(or roll attack etc) does a transform attack

it causes "guard break" but also has a higher damage modifier than a typical r1

damage modifier meaning a percent more than typical r1

go to the /vg/ thread, there are guide scans for weapons. dont be afraid, bbg is a lot friendlier than dsg
>>
>>321828791
transforming during an attack makes the next move one in which you transform during the attack
>>
File: gitgud.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>
File: 1448928944190.gif (934 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
1448928944190.gif
934 KB, 200x160
>>321828908
>>321829093
>>321829112

Damn I don't know whether to feel stupid for not knowing or angry for the game not even hinting at it.
>>
>>321829926
welcome to the souls franchise
>>
>>321829926
the game "tutorials" are in the dream, along the wall behind you once you get into the dream.
no way of knowing this unless you spend countless hours exploring the hub/afking/testing weapons

its pretty shitty compared to the ds1/demons/ds2 tutorial since its out of the way

dont even think they teach you transform attacks even then.

poor planning on their part
>>
>>321821773

Try "Luring them out one at a time"
>>
Just remember upgrading your weapon is the most important thing to do in these games. Do it IMMEDIATELY as soon as you have enough shards.
>>
>>321821773

Use your weapon's trick mode to add greater reach/swathe to your attacks when fighting multiple enemies and be aggressive.
>>
>>321821773
>Get Axe starting weapon
>Extend
>Prepare to whirlwind your way over every enemy to you to victory
Canes for faggots.
>>
>>321821773
sickdark
>>
>>321821773
I know its stupid but get good is the only real advice. I too was getting my ass kicked fucking hard to the point I almost returned the game, but I decided to continue and persevere. You'll eventually learn and master the mechanics.
>>
At that point of the game the only thing you can actually do is git gud.
>>
>>321821773

Acquire Ability
Behave Better
Create Chances
Deepen Damage
Expand Experience
Fight Fair

Git Gud
>>
Patience. That's literally all there is to it.
>>
>>321831702
>Fight fair
Lost it at there, some shit has to be cheesed like npc fights.
>>
>>321832074
>has to be
Bloodborne's NPC fights are unfair, but they're perfectly possible to kill in combat.
>>
>>321832074
>cheesing fights

What a faggot, I bet you don't even now to every single enemy you encounter
>>
>>321830419
>no way of knowing this unless you spend countless hours exploring the hub/afking/testing weapons

all you have to do is walk into that area once and read one note to understand that the tutorial messages are going to be there. if you're not the type of person who explores/reads notes then you're not going to like the game anyway. the tutorial was fine
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.