[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>directed the best Resident Evil game >birthed the Devil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: dmc2.jpg (136 KB, 631x436) Image search: [Google]
dmc2.jpg
136 KB, 631x436
>directed the best Resident Evil game
>birthed the Devil May Cry franchise
>is one of the few people keeping the practice of unlockables and secret characters/weapons/boss fights alive instead of choosing to sell them as DLC
>doesn't let publishers shoehorn DLC into his games
>doesn't let others tell him how or what way to make his games
>has a legitimate passion for games and has been playing them since the NES
>of all the games listed for the 2015 GOTY, he picked Gradius
>tells others not to be someone else but to be faithful to themselves, words that he would give to both Itsuno and Mikami and would be relayed by Mikami to Suda, which became paramount in the development of Killer7, which many consider as his best game including Suda himself
>makes fun games

Why do people hate this man again? Is it because their contrarianism flares up every time "that filthy meme developer" Platinum is mentioned?
>>
>>321820808
Because of you hipsters overplaying how importance he is. Literally everything there could be said of the guys at Naughty Dogs but you weebs hate them. Thus, people who hates weebs will involuntarily hate the people you like. Just think for a moment about how hypocritical it is for a weeb to tell people to be more open minded about their hobby.
>>
>>321820808
never seen people hate him. Most agree that he was keeping RESI series good.

The Evil Within sucked ass tho'.
>>
>>321820808
/v/ has this weird entitlement thing going on where they think if a developer isn't constantly groveling at their fans' feet and sucking fan dicks and thanking them for buying their games, then they're a conceited developer
>>
File: 1448461265221.jpg (18 KB, 297x545) Image search: [Google]
1448461265221.jpg
18 KB, 297x545
>>321821053
>"you hipsters"
>liking Platinum means you're a hipster

Looks like someone's got their words mixed up there
>>
>>321820808
Is it because their contrarianism flares up every time "that filthy meme developer" Platinum is mentioned?

>>321821053
>Because of you hipsters overplaying how importance he is.

There's your answer, OP.
>>
>>321821070
You're mixing Hideki Kamiya up with Shinji Mikami. Kamiya made Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Okami, Bayonetta, and The Wonderful 101. Mikami made Resident Evil 4 and The Evil Within.
>>
He's extremely fucking over-rated. Just because he birthed the worst DMC next to 2 and DmC doesn't mean he's responsible for DMC3 being fucking godlike. Plus, some of platinums best games don't even have him involved whatsoever.
>>
>>321820808
He's overrated to hell and back, he makes decent games but nothing is really the top of the genre like people would like you to believe.
>>
>>321822459
Honestly, I'm not gonna disagree, but the guy gets as much praise as he does flack. I'm not gonna say Bayo1 is the greatest the action genre has to offer, but compared to the more niche titles of the genre like Nier/Drakengard, Senran Kagura, and Oneechanbara, it's far and away from the worst either.

>>321822180
Anarchy Reigns and Vanquish are the only ones I would really argue are up there. MGR isn't bad but after playing through it once, you've pretty much seen everything the game has to offer. There's not much else to it other than being a neat spinoff. MadWorld has aged like dogshit, especially with the motion controls. Can't speak on Korra/Transformers since I never bothered with them.
>>
>>321824065
MGR has great replay value man, at least with the extra VR missions, and the boss achievements.

On the topic at hand, here's my two cent: Kamiya is a funny guy who clearly doesn't give a shit. /v/'s autistic obsession with him as the "Japanese Phil Fish" (despite him being nice enough to actually visit this shithole) is sad and typical of the pathetic /r9k/-wizardchan esque crossboarders.

Hating Kamiya is like this kind of autismo gag-reflex this board has to anything abusive or "cool" (I use that word lightly), like the bizzarrely angry reaction to weed threads here. I think a lot of it has to do with many posters being left out when they were growing up by the archetypes of loose talking guys like Kamiya or those stoners at school - basically just insecurity, and anger at being bullied, which is then taken out on anything that resembles the bullies.

I'm not even a big fan of Kamiya, I've only played MGR. Again, just my two cent on the worse element of a board I'm kind of tired of. Slow blue boards are much nicer /v/, you'd be cheered up if you visited them; our hobby is shit now anyway.
>>
>>321821053
You don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>321821505
This. It's purely sychophantic.
>>
Because he's a washed-up cuck.

Literally every single one of his games is just taking some other game and adding a retarded gimmick.

>Zelda... WITH JAPANESE MYTHOLOGY!
>Devil May Cry... WITH A WOMAN!
>Pikmin... WITH SENTAI!
>>
>>321827257
>Zelda... WITH JAPANESE MYTHOLOGY!
Dont fucking drag Okami into this
It had an original combat system, and overall way of interacting with things.
>>
>In April 2011, Hideki Kamiya met with the families of Tohoku earthquake and tsunami victims. After a brief interview in which he expressed his condolences and hope for closure, he reportedly burst out laughing and made rumbling noises and mimicked people being swept away by waves. He then picked up the child of a deceased victim and yelled into her ear "ASK YOUR MOM OH WAIT SHE'S DEAD, BLOCKED", and proceeded to put on a pair of sunglasses and unleash a barrage of martial arts attacks on the small child. She was rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead due to extreme trauma. When asked later about the incident, Kamiya became visibly sexually aroused and repeated the same attack on the reporter.
>>
>>321827257
This cuck bullshit is so fucking stupid. That word means nothing at this point, everyone is a cuck. The playstation is a cuck, xbox is a cuck, the metaphysical concept of the vidya industry is a cuck.

Stop thinking in memes.
>>
>>321827862
>someone literally got cucked
>>
>>321820808
You overplay his significance. He doesn't have any say in DLC and other business stuff.
And if anything Mikami has more influence on this industry. DMC is a RE game that didn't pan out and they decided to spin it off, RE2 is developed under watchful eye of Mikami. Most Capcom talent somehow connected to Mikami.
But Mikami isn't "cool" and hip nowadays.
>>
File: Mikami-Suda approval.jpg (82 KB, 441x471) Image search: [Google]
Mikami-Suda approval.jpg
82 KB, 441x471
>>321828227
I love Mikami.
>>
Didn't Shinji scrap the entire RE2 project Kamiya worked on and revised it under his direct supervision?
>>
>>321828142
I actually recently broke up with my ex so I could play the Old Hunters DLC.
>>
>>321828806
What happened iirc is that he and Kamiya fought frequently, so Mikami said fuck it and walked out while only asking to see how progress was going on monthly or something like that.

I also remember Kamiya was the guy who kept wanting to have an RE game on a boat but he never got the chance.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.