[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So shortly before Iwata died, Iwata accomplished >Dipping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: 630x.jpg (161 KB, 630x342) Image search: [Google]
630x.jpg
161 KB, 630x342
So shortly before Iwata died, Iwata accomplished

>Dipping their toe into the mobile market
>Teaming up with Universal theme parks
>Pushing for their characters to be licensed outside of video games more often
>Starting a new business branch (QoL) for Nintendo

How do you think the new president will handle some of Iwata's other weak points, like Region Lock or taxing Let's Players?
>>
>>321806094
I have a feeling the tax will go away
>>
>>321806094
He looks like the type of person to send hired thugs to big Let's Players' houses if they further complain about the tax. I don't see that going away.
>>
>>321806094
>>Pushing for their characters to be licensed outside of video games more often

u fucking w0t?
>>
I hope everyone here agrees that unless Nintendo drops censorship or region locking to never buy a US Nintendo console ever again, right?
>>
>>321806694
You know that will never happen, this board worships Nintendo too much.
>>
>>321806976
I like Nintendo games but I know better than to buy an american Nintendo console after the Wii U.
JP only for me, now.
>>
>>321806976
They're a vocal minority

I stopped purchasing Nintendo consoles at launch after the GameCube

The wii brought in the cancer that has been infecting the industry

All these casuals , gimmicks . Fucking Nintendo
>>
>>321806976
The Wii U was such a disappointment I might not get an NX regardless of region lock.
>>
>>321806976

What's keeping me from buying system from them in the future, even more than that, is the deluge of lackluster games they recently been churning out.
>>
>>321806694
If the NX is region locked I probably will skip it. Most of the censorship stuff is overblown though and the only one that bothered me was Fatal Frame, because one of the cut outfits was important to a story scene.
>>
>“Mr. Miyamoto, for instance, is spending a lot of time, not only with his fellow developers, but also working with Universal Theme Parks to design the Nintendo experience that will evolve there. In fact, you may even be seeing Nintendo characters more often in the clothing and shoes that people wear.”

What Nintendo IPs are fashionable?
>>
>>321809323
I saw a guy yesterday with a Majora's Mask hat.
>>
>>321806694
Few care about that shit. Fuck off.
>>
I've never imported a game in my life, so I don't really care about region locking. It would be nice to have gone simply to say it happened, but ultimately it wouldn't affect me at all.

Let's Players literally deserve zero dollars. I wish ALL publishers treated LPers the same as Nintendo.

Taxing? You mean like eShop tax? Yeah, I would be very glad to see that gone. Especially as a Canadian where online prices are already too high to begin with. I don't expect they'll ever get rid of them, though.
>>
File: 1449494706892.jpg (71 KB, 601x451) Image search: [Google]
1449494706892.jpg
71 KB, 601x451
>>321807294
This.
>>
File: 1451323939405.jpg (99 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1451323939405.jpg
99 KB, 600x900
I've said it before, I'll say it again. God rest his soul, but Iwata was a lousy president.

>first order of business, delay Twilight Princess 1 year for the Wii

Think of the Zelda fans eagerly awaiting that game who died of cancer in between that year and never got to play it. Or the left-handed people who got shunned by Nintendo because they mirrored the game? Or the poor Gamecube fans who had to wait a month to play it while everyone else was discussing the game actively online and had a headstart?

It's hard to forgive something like that. Especially considering that it's something that to this day affects Zelda (Twilight Princess is not universally considered the best looking game of last-gen for this reason, because they waited until after the 360 AND PS3 to release it).
>>
>>321809323
Metroid
>>
>>321810109
>left-handed people who got shunned
Oh shut the fuck up. I'm a lefty myself, but if you're that fucking sensitive that something like that upsets you, you need to remove yourself from the gene pool.
>>
>>321810607
>get this butthurt over absolutely nothing
>suggests others should eliminate themselves from the gene pool
>>
>>321810607
You're either not a real lefty or too stupid to comprehend why it matters.
>>
Well they almost made a deal with Sony pictures to make a Pokemon, Mario, and Smash movie but that north korea shit killed it.
>>
>>321809323
People wear Nintendo IPs all the time, dude. A lot of them probably don't play the games, but I see tons of Zelda hats around, and all kinds of Mario-related t-shirts. My sister is 29 and she has Yoshi and Sonic t-shirts, but she'll never ever play Wooly World or any Sonic game past the Sega Genesis.
>>
I'm confused is this guy actually the new president or just standing in till they pick someone?
>>
>>321806694
no? that shit really doesn't matter to the majority of gamers as people like you seem to think. have fun sticking by your morals and missing all nintendo exclusives to come.
>>
>>321807294
>they're a vocal minority
That consistently gets 2nd place in strawpolls behind PC?
>>
>>321806694
>Abloobloo muh anime titties
Fuck off virgin
>>
>>321806694
Uhh, how about no.
All companies do censorship except a very select few. Nintendo doesn't even do it nearly as bad as most companies do, and many companies outright refuse to release their games in the west at all.
Region locking is a hinderance, but then I simply don't count games that I can't get as reasons to get the system, and I never end up buying those games. In effect, I'm "boycotting" the games that aren't given to me because I can't even purchase them, so it's only their loss, not mine.
>>
>>321810956
Pretty much, Iwata's first choice is incharge of Level-5 so they need to get someone else.
>>
>>321811143
Says the guy who wants to buy a Nintendo console
>>
>>321808226
>Sm4sh
>Mario Tennis
>Amiibo Festival
>Sticker Star
>Codename S.T.E.A.M

Lackluster is the perfect word to be honest. The content's there in most cases (Amiibo Festival is just a travesty through and through), but not enough of it or not of a high quality.

Sm4sh would easily be the best game in the series if it had Brawl's level of content, SSE or not.
>>
File: 1432607739068.jpg (127 KB, 975x971) Image search: [Google]
1432607739068.jpg
127 KB, 975x971
>>321806694
You faggots are the biggest joke I swear to dog
>>
>>321810956
He is the new president for the foreseeable future.

They'll vote on it next year but chances are extremely high that he'll keep the position.
>>
>>321810956
Both, kind of.
He's the 'temporary' president, but that means for at least 5 years, so he'll cover most of the NX timeline.
Basically, if he starts doing a really fucking great job and has a high approval rating, they'll keep him on until he passes on the title / dies. If not, they'll choose someone else.

Think of it kind of like a trial run.
>>
>>321808226
Tell me anon, what games have you found disappointing?
>>
>>321811030
>vocal
Yes
>>
>>321811783
Not him, but this year has been a complete disaster with the exception of two games.
>>
>>321810970
When did I ever imply I'd never buy a nintendo console? If anything I'll get more games, since I'll get the JP ones that never come to the US, like what almost happened to Fatal Frame.
>>
>>321811376
Smash Bros 4 is definitely not a lackluster game. I understand why it triggers the hell out of e-celeb worshipping Meleefags, but otherwise I don't see how it gets so much hate around here. It certainly could have been a lot better if they didn't have to make a 3DS version, but as a whole it is a very good game.

I hear Codename S.T.E.A.M. is also very good, people just hate it for the art style.

The others I won't defend (though I will say Sticker Star came out years ago and isn't exactly recent). I'll even add some to the list, with Happy Home Designer and TriForce Heroes. Undeniable that a fair number of recent titles have been underwhelming or mediocre, but I personally think it's mostly just filler they need for the holidays, with their bigger efforts being focused on NX games and other upcoming stuff.
>>
>>321811927
Splatoon, Yoshi, Mario Maker, Fatal Frame, Fast Racing Neo. Five games is still pathetic but it's certainly more than two.
>>
>>321811927
>Splatoon
>Xeno X
>Yoshi's Finally Good Fucking Game
Although besides that I can't really think of any Wii U exclusives that are amazing, so I guess you're right.
Although the existing library is great, so I would still recommend it to those who are interested.
Here's hoping Nintendo manages to pull out another amazing E3, otherwise Sony has the best future library.
>>
>>321812186
Also Xenoblade. Can't believe I forgot that one.
>>
>>321811927
Super Mario Maker, Splatoon, XCX, Super Mystery Dungeon, Wolly World???
>>
I've been boycotting Nintendo ever since I wasted my money on XY and they announced Pokémon Bank. Cfw'd my 2DS and never looked back. I even got to play Bravely Default in its intended form. With that said, before I buy another Nintendo console, they need to get rid of their region lock, tie purchases to accounts, drop the gimmicks, and most importantly, ACCEPT THAT YOUR FANBASE IS NO LONGER COMPRISED OF CHILDREN. I know that's a completely different case in Japan, but the only thing holding them together in the states is blind nostalgia, and even then they're alienating their fans by either butchering their games with shitty localizations and censorship or shitting all over loved games like Prime. Until then, I won't give them any of my money. Not going to lie though, the Wii U is looking much nicer since it got hacked. Every Wii U, Wii, GameCube, and N64 game on one console, plus project M and homebrew is very tempting. Not to mention region unlocking and possible Smash 4 mods.
>>
>>321812136
Considering both versions, I suppose I'd agree about Sm4sh, but I feel the lack of singleplayer content compared to Melee and Brawl is what gets me, as well as the steps backward such as the removal of stickers and Coin Launcher.

S.T.E.A.M is only lacking in polish, it's a very good game. (Nobody buying it made it easy to get cheap)

Sticker Star has a great art direction for what it does, even if the environments aren't overly creative compared to some previous titles, and the battle system is flawed.

The titles have all been fun enough, and worth a purchase if you can find them cheap, but I've found them lacking compared to previous offerings.

Maybe I'm just growing out of vidya.
>>
File: mariopissed.png (145 KB, 303x349) Image search: [Google]
mariopissed.png
145 KB, 303x349
>>321806694
I don't care, the bigger problem is that their business model now is based around selling literal Happy Meal toys to grown-ass men, region-locking can be circumvented and censorship as /v/ likes to call it is literally manufactured outrage memeing like most regular threads here about the "industry" when their true problems are much more troubling
Don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo, I grew up with them and own 75% of the NES library on individual carts, have a neon sign in my basement, so I'm very attached, but even I can't deny they dropped the ball fucking hard with the Wii U, it's sad how garbage like Twilight Princess HD is being propped up as tentpole releases
I hope Yakuza Man fires a shit-ton of people
These last couple years are probably the first time Nintendo has really really disappointed me, running out of copies of Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third so they cost Dr. Evil money is just icing on the cake and will be what makes me jailbreak my Wii U
>>
>>321810109
While I wasnt a fan of the Wii port, it was a smart business tactic because it gave Wii owners something to do on day one of owning it.
>>
>>321812203
>Yoshi

Oh yeah, I did forget about that one. I guess it is three then.
>>
>>321812460
>every N64 game

Really? Does it emulate well on Wii U?
>>
>>321810860
Not that guy, also a lefty. Tell me why it matters? If it's a matter of representation in vidya who gives a flying fuck?
>>
>>321813035
The VC emulator is hackable
>>
File: 1444785814152.jpg (10 KB, 180x244) Image search: [Google]
1444785814152.jpg
10 KB, 180x244
>>321812331
>wooly world
>>
>>321814024
I blame my phone desu lad
>>
>>321814236
The game is garbage.
>>
>>321814378
Oh
Well you're wrong.
>>
File: 1450504143126.jpg (132 KB, 1062x610) Image search: [Google]
1450504143126.jpg
132 KB, 1062x610
>>321814469
>muh weird aesthetic fetishes
>>
>>321812628
I'm not reading all that shit you posted, but you have to be delusional if you think their entire business model is based around amiibo.

The president of the company himself even stated that people are buying them as collectibles. All they've been used for in games so far are simple additional skins. They don't replace bonus content or traditional DLC-type content. I don't know how anyone with a brain could think otherwise.
>>
>>321812628
>Bayonetta 2 costs more than Xenoblade Chronicles Wii now
Holy shit I'm so fucking glad I pre-ordered it.
>>
>>321815143
They've released basically nothing this year and every direct is based around pushing children's toys in your face, TPHD only exists to sell Amiibo
I don't care for your retard mental gymnastics, it's clear Nintendo no longer cares about games, only NFC plastic
>>
>>321813094
Because the game was designed as a left-handed game.

Yet, they turned around, said "screw you fans!" Then released a port specifically intended for right-handed people.

Do I really have to spell this out for you step by step? If it wasn't a big deal then they would have never needed to flip the game in the first place! Instead, they not only flipped it, but denied the fans who could be left-handed a chance to play the game without compromising and getting the right-handed version.

It was the biggest middle-finger a company could give a left-handed person. On top of that, it screwed over old fans by changing the world's synchronicity with OOT and making the Hylian text illegible.
>>
>>321815561
>A ZELDA remaster exists solely to push amiibo

Nigger, what? MM3D literally only released this year and didn't have any amiibo, even though a Skull Kid amiibo would sell like hot cakes.

The amiibo stuff is pure side content, additional bonus mumbo jumbo. No way in hell did they make Smash Bros, Splatoon, Mario Maker or TPHD for the sake of selling amiibo. That shit sells on it's own.

The one and only case for a game that was MADE for amiibo is Animal Crossing amiibo Festival, and that game bombed and nobody liked it.

You're delusional.
>>
>>321816329
You're an idiot. If TPHD is considered acceptable I have obviously bet on the wrong horse
>>
>>321809424
Did you talk to her?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.