[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did sony give up on the vita?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: vita.png (187 KB, 493x955) Image search: [Google]
vita.png
187 KB, 493x955
why did sony give up on the vita?
>>
Because their plan to scam everyone with their memory cards didn't work out.
>>
>>321793767
Because they dont want to mess with a legacy
>>
>>321793767
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9n5JXqno8
>>
No, but it's treated more like an accessory to the PS4 than a legit handheld. I enjoy mine for the crossplay and being able to play PS4 games while I shit.
>>
I like it since it's a better psp that feels better to hold for long periods of time, has great battery life (the 2nd version, on airplane mode, at least), and a couple weeb rpgs not available elsewhere.

If you're not swayed by that last reason, I doubt you'd give a shit about it for the others.
>>
>>321793767
They realized there was no saving it.
>>
>>321793767
I dunno, does it matter at this point? It's still getting support software wise, just not from Sony.

That being said, Sony already put a lot of good and great software on it.
>>
Sony isn't a vidya company, full stop. They just happen to be the only manufacturer who had the foresight to make a blu-ray player play games and not spy on your dick or force you to be online so they're in the lead by default. Why do you think their handhelds and consoles have such piss-poor software support? "Built it and they will come" doesn't work for devs anymore.
>>
>>321797702
PSP and Vita are amazing tho

Don't know what kinda bizzarro world you're living in
>>
>>321797702
All Sony consoles often have more software support than their competitors.
>>
>>321793767
Too much effort wasted and still "nobody" wanted one. It had a cod for fucks sake. You can't say they didn't try.
>>
File: 1390705489303.jpg (32 KB, 500x254) Image search: [Google]
1390705489303.jpg
32 KB, 500x254
>>321797970
>>321797987
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (107 KB, 500x646) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
107 KB, 500x646
Fixed
>>
>>321798093
They didnt try very hard considering the CoD was made with the resistance engine in less than a year. It just just a slew of bad decisions, bad ports like borderlands, and no bundles.

The Japanese end is air tight though.
>>
>>321793767
Why does it even matter? The vita has games coming out in droves still, sony doesn't even need to bother.
>>
>>321798271
Okay, what console gets more software support?
Sony always gets on top with sheer amount of games.
>>
>>321793767
No one (hyperbolic, I know) fucking bought it. So they shift it as a fullblown PS4's accessories
It's still (somewhat?) popular in Japan because it's a handheld that have different image than 3DS? I don't know
>>
>>321796650
>hear about the Vita back in the day
>oh cool, another PSP, I'll buy it for all the sequels of PS2/PS3 games
>nope, it's a weeb machine

How come western devs give zero fucks about the vita compared to the PSP? I'd buy a Vita if it had a GTA V, or an Ace Combat, or something Playstation classic like that
>>
>>321799474

Nobody gives a shit about you. Western games are trash and the vita is better off without normies like you.
>>
>>321799474
Western developers went with mobile games over dedicated gaming devices this round.
>>
>>321799474
Western went with Consoles and Mobile
Vita is only good for Indies and Jap Titles
>>
>>321799474
Since when did the PSP have staggering western support?
>>
>>321799868

Western support on it was certainly way bigger than on the Vita
>>
>>321799868
It actually got first party support
>>
>>321800186
Was it really? I can hardly recall many western games on the PSP not just from Sony

>>321800281
As did the Vita.
>>
>>321793767
So is Vita a good weebmachine at least?
>>
>>321800393

Almost all big PS2 franchises got a PSP game, so there's that
>>
>>321800629
Yeah i can only recall the jak game and god of war, what else?
>>
Expensive proprietary memory cards, the dominance of smartphones, and the horribly handled half assed marketing from SCEA were probably the main contributors to its pathetic performance in the west.
>>
>>321801591
>Expensive proprietary memory cards

Sony will never learn will they?
>>
>>321800482
yes
>>>/vg/126707868
>>
They're still giving it quite a lot of support in the east, and it's getting a lot of games. Sony has never really been known for its first party support anyway.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.