[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Castlevania
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: aos-cover[1].jpg (205 KB, 731x737) Image search: [Google]
aos-cover[1].jpg
205 KB, 731x737
So I randomly started Aria of Sorrow last night on impulse

Going in blind without ever reading anything about Castelvania, so I have no idea what the fuck I am doing but I'm progressing

Any essential tips on how to approach a Castlevania game?

Castlevania general, I guess
>>
Aria is a good beginner game actually, it's pretty easy and starightforward, especially when you get that huge overpowered holy sword.
>>
>>321758597
Aria of Sorrow isn't too hard and is pretty easy to pick up and play.

Just keep in mind you can get random abilities from enemies, so if you're willing you can grind off of anything until you get their ability.
>>
>>321758597
Castlevania, this one in partcular, has a lot of crazy secrets you have to go through to get the good ending. I remember there being three specific Souls you needed equipped to go to the final area instead of just getting the "you tried" ending but I don't recall which, so keep an eye out for hints on that.
>>
It's my favourite GBA vania, the game is pretty straightforward though. You'll probably get the bad ending in the first try because some condishuns, so only take a look in guides after you finish the game once, you'll have way more fun like that
>>
What tips do you need? You explore the castle, you equip shit that you feel comfortable with and you beat bosses.
There are some tricks like short-hopping while attacking for cancelling attack animations, but it's not really necessary.
>>
>>321758597
Soma is the reincarnation of Dracula, Arikado is Alucard, J is Julius Belmont who killed Dracula permanently in 1999.

Because fuck you. That's why.
>>
>>321758597
it's easy modo. just go through the game and beat it countless more times with different weapons
>>
>>321758802
>>321758820
>>321759032
Gonna finish the game with whatever ending, then again with a guide

>>321758742
Since I tried to explore every single room I accidently gained many abilities. Can you overlevel btw?

>>321758827
Anything helps
I just want to talk about videogames

>>321758965
I told in the OP that I have no idea about Castlevania so I have no clue what your post says
Try again in a few months
>>
>>321758965
>trying to spoil the story of a Castlevania game

Look at him, look at him and laugh!
>>
>>321759143
I basically spoiled the plot twists for you. Arikado is Dracula's son, by the way.

Also Han Solo is killed by Kylo Ren who is his son.
>>
File: 1437835862500.jpg (165 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
1437835862500.jpg
165 KB, 1032x774
>>321758965
It never ceases to amaze how desperately pathetic people on this board can be.
>>
>>321758965
>he thinks people care about spoilers in castlevania
pffhahaha
>>
Death has 2 forms
>>
>>321758597
getting the good ending in this one is actually rather easy and straightforward and it makes sense (maybe not to you since you haven't played others), but the hints are pretty obvious since the items that give them stand out somewhat.

it pays off to go back and visit places you've already been to before after you get new abilities, since you can unlock some cool items and even some secret areas.

speaking of secret areas, the peeping eye's soul (the yellow floating eye from the beginning) is a bit hard to get but worth it if you want an easier time finding secret areas.

a little hint for late game: don't try to kill the iron golem with weapons, there's an ability for that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.