[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Protoss should be ashamed, letting their women prance around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11
File: 1449944829192.jpg (124 KB, 819x988) Image search: [Google]
1449944829192.jpg
124 KB, 819x988
The Protoss should be ashamed, letting their women prance around dressed like sluts. How can they expect anyone to take them seriously, dressed like this?
>>
File: Well I still would.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Well I still would.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1080
Those are very serious clothes.
>>
The shitpiece that was Legacy of the Void is ten times better if you reimagine it as Artanis's quest to assemble a harem of bitches
>>
>>321753967
>slut shaming
Fuck off.
>>
File: ow-mcintosh-victorias-secret.png (90 KB, 600x356) Image search: [Google]
ow-mcintosh-victorias-secret.png
90 KB, 600x356
>>321755165
The depiction of Protoss women as sluts is demeaning but not unexpected of Blizzard.
>>
>>321755673
And I thought SJWs were blind to Blizzard's games. Still, it sounds like he's complementing the game.
Anyway, OW has top tier waifus.
>>
File: banjo.jpg (48 KB, 392x582) Image search: [Google]
banjo.jpg
48 KB, 392x582
>>321754739
Well, WoL was pretty much "Raynor wants to fuck Kerrigan now" so that could work,
>>
>>321754739
Of Selendis, Rohana, and Vorazun, Alarak is still the prettiest
>>
Forget that, I want to fuck Vorazun.
>>
>>321755950
I don't see the appeal of that bitch
>>
>>321755673
>mei
>zarya
>VS models
This guy. This fucking guy.
>>
I remember when protoss didn't wear clothes. Just put in armor when going into battle.
>>
>>321758004
To be fair to the cuck, this was just after it was announced, when only Tracer, Widow, Mercy, Symmetra and Pharah had been revealed.
>>
>>321758021
Remember when Protoss were male?
>>
File: Thickfags.png (1 MB, 1118x1107) Image search: [Google]
Thickfags.png
1 MB, 1118x1107
>>321758069
McIntosh wants /THICK/?
>>
>>321758069
Pharah is completely different from Tracer though. Body type is boy only about amount of fat.
>>
dota is the only moba I've seen with some variety in females
smite is
>hot girls with big tits
>one loli
and lol is all just hot girls with big tits. besides the one flat bitch. booooring
>>
File: overwatch-women.jpg (189 KB, 530x839) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-women.jpg
189 KB, 530x839
>>321758916
They have refuted that.
>>
File: wip2.jpg (509 KB, 1500x843) Image search: [Google]
wip2.jpg
509 KB, 1500x843
>>321758873
>How could this be better? Re-examining design choices

>If I’d followed my usual posting format, I could have rambled on for another 1,000 words easily about individual characters and problematic design decisions as well as problematic meta-patterns. But instead, I decided to do something a little different – I decided that I would PhotoShop the full-cast poster to actually show how easy it would be to have a character lineup that isn’t fucking terrible.

>It turns out that this was a bit more a time investment, PhotoShop-wise, than I anticipated, mostly because the figures all overlap. However! The fact remains that more than half of the changes I made were purely cosmetic! Check this out:
>>
>>321759926
>So first, the easiest fix – the gender imbalance. Make one of the characters without obvious gender voiced by a female voice actor, and suddenly the problem is solved. I went with the gorilla, since that’s a character design that recalls other male archetypical characters (like Beast and others). Also, that way there would be a female tank, so win.

>Next, looking at the design of the humanoid female characters overall, I was pretty pleased by the overall racial balance. Two brown ladies, a purple lady, and two white ladies? Rock on! Except. Mercy is an angel character with blonde hair. Which. NO. We’ve been over this. Always having angels be blond is some creepy white supremacy bullshit, okay? And sure, I could have shifted her skin tone as a fix, but part of the point of this exercise was to show HOW LITTLE WORK it is to fix this shit. (While I was at it, I also de-boob-plated Mercy’s armor and widened her waist enough to give her a fucking ribcage.)

>Symmetra and Pharah were also changes that required almost no effort. I widened Symmetra’s thighs a bit because her torso is not totally skinny like Tracer’s. If she’s carrying more weight on top, then her legs should be more than just pipe cleaners, okay? I also gave her some fucking pants, because FUCKITY FUCK SHE SHOULD BE WEARING PANTS. As for Pharah, I resized her by about 50% to make her the same height as Really Huge Robot Guy, because at least one of the women needed to be a giant, with that degree of character size variance. (I also half-assedly got rid of the battle thong, although it was totally lazy and I can do better.) As for Widowmaker? I let her keep her bullshit costume, but I made her fat so that she’s fat, badass, and sexy. Now at least she reads as someone doing sexy for herself and not because she’s some game dev’s fetish/fantasy.
>>
>>321760002

>Lastly, looking at the humanoid male characters (Cowboy Guy, Dwarf Guy, Big Bruiser Guy, and Samurai Guy[4]), there was a serious imbalance in representation with only samurai guy arguably counting as Asian and the others all definitely coded as white. So since Mexican, Native, and Black cowboys are largely erased in anything that portrays cowboys ever, boom. Cowboy Guy is now Latin@.

>I also wanted to make one of the other male characters Black, since I wasn’t positive that Symmetra read as Black. I wasn’t thrilled about my choices, but opted to make Dwarf Guy black by shifting the skin tone and desaturating his blond beard into a grey beard, operating on the “grandparents as PCs make anything better” principle[5]. Sure he’s an Angry Black Guy now, but in my head he’s a badass grandfather who’s just angry because people are trying to fuck with his teammates, and when they have downtime he tells awesome stories and makes pie or whatever.

>And there you have it! I won’t make any claims that this lineup is 100% free of problems, but if one person can fix most of the problems with a game’s lineup with 4 hours and PhotoShop, then we’re not talking about things that would require a vast investment of resources to correct! Unfortunately, while Blizzard cares enough to give lip-service to the idea of “doing women better”, it’s obvious that they don’t care enough to actually put their money where their mouth is. So I’m not going to hold my breath for any actual substantive changes in their design directives any time soon.
>>
>>321755673
When you encounter an American progressive, think of yourself as an avenger coming face to face at last with his father’s murderer. Here is a man whose death will lighten your heart.
>>
>>321755673
guessing he only glanced at a few images of overwatch
>>
>>321759778
>>321759926
>>321760002
>>321760071
Why
>>
>>321759778
funny how every male marine in SC has metal briefs over his armor
>>
>>321759926
I missread pants for penis. That would have been a lot beter. Guess this shitlord never heard of penis privilege.
>>
>>321759778
why does the Internet act like beautiful women are a rare sight?
>>
>>321759926
>>321760002
>>321760071
This is Hilarious desu
>>
do any of you here that aren't white really care about having characters that aren't white? cause I don't, I just play what the Devs designed and if I don't like it then I pick another character.
>>
>>321755673
Isn't he the same one that made the male protag bingo card, then proceeded to play the "I'm only pretending to be retarded" line when his twitter exploded with people proving him wrong?
>>
>>321761284
I am not white. If I ever meet an American progressive to speak for me, especially if he or she is a pasty white liberal cracker, I will grind a glass into their food.
>>
Fuck those ribcage outline, stomach, and hips got me hard when combined with those icy Protoss bitch personalities.
>>
File: imjustpretending.jpg (53 KB, 600x446) Image search: [Google]
imjustpretending.jpg
53 KB, 600x446
Answered my own question.
>>
>>321760964
They're Americans
>>
>>321761284
I'm half black and don't care.
>>
>>321755950

Lesarra > Selendis > Vorazun >>>>>>> Rohana
>>
File: tumblr_o02q0dwf5q1tsjl7xo1_1280.png (827 KB, 1024x537) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o02q0dwf5q1tsjl7xo1_1280.png
827 KB, 1024x537
>>321761548
They're breddy big bitches, too
>>
>>321761554
>guaranteed to win
>the point is not to win

How to spot someone who got BTFO
>>
File: 1283109754470.jpg (209 KB, 600x846) Image search: [Google]
1283109754470.jpg
209 KB, 600x846
>>321762939
Even better.
>>
File: fugg.png (875 KB, 776x847) Image search: [Google]
fugg.png
875 KB, 776x847
>Blizzard are such fucking hacks they can't design a mechanically minded character that is not stocky and bearded, they even have to invent Protoss beards just for the engineer character
>>
>>321762939
They're practically naked under that armor. Why are the Protoss such huge sluts?
>>
>>321753967
No matter how much you cry social justice the fact that sex sells will never ever change.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.