[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>replaying this game again >unbelievably good gameplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: mgs5_phantom_pain_e3_leak.jpg (30 KB, 605x250) Image search: [Google]
mgs5_phantom_pain_e3_leak.jpg
30 KB, 605x250
>replaying this game again
>unbelievably good gameplay
>but just can't help thinking "this isn't the boss" constantly
>everything I do is being invalidated by this

Why did that hack have to ruin the entire franchise with this pointless and clumsy twist?

Did he add it in at the last second after he realised chapter 3 wasn't going to happen?
>>
It would have been nicer if he did it in a way where you don't really know it's him or not. I usually like MGS stories, but Kojima is never subtle or particularly clever with his writing.
>>
don't forget

>repetitive missions
>have to sit inside helicopter all the fucking time twiddling your thumbs
>chapter 2 literally repeat of earlier missions
>no story for Eli, psycho mantis, volgin or quiet

benis
>>
>>321751331
>>no story for Eli, psycho mantis, volgin or quiet
I can't believe they hyped these fuckers up and it just ended with absolutely nothing.
>>
I don't understand how you could make the entire game open world, but not have shit happening in it.

Give us more convoys, more helo patrols, armored columns, Mujahadeen/African Rebels, etc. It seems so easy to implement shit that fucking STALKER has what the fuck happened?
>>
>>321751079
You realize MGS2 was already bullshit right?
>>
>>321751079
>everything I do is being invalidated by this
Why tho
>>
You now realize that Zero is also describing Venom in this trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJVxPAiB7as
>>
>>321751079
>everything i do is being invalidated
no it isn't.
>>
>>321751542
MGS2 ruse was amazing though. MGS3 returning to the formula was kind of weird though.
>>
I have more nicer things to say about the Phantom Menace than this game

I hate it that much.
>>
>>321751079
>Why did that hack

Le Kojima is the bad guy meme

It was Konami fucking him over and wanting him to hurry the fuck up.
>>
I think that Kojima had an idea. The entire idea was encompassed within 1 scenario - the hospital.

So, the entire story takes place within 2 missions - the Hospital Escape first mission and Truth: The Man Who Sold the World.

The rest of the game is just shoehorning shit around it that Kojima didn't care about.

Hell, Truth literally comes out of NOWHERE. Yeah there are clues as to what's happening, but what prompts the mission? It's a horrible example of storytelling.
>>
>>321751862
> Konami is the bad guy for wanting a game with already long campaign, massive budget and longest dev time of any MGS to be released
>>
>>321751079
It was like this since the first trailer that was shown, just deal with it cuckhold
>>
File: 1446891866235.jpg (43 KB, 480x617) Image search: [Google]
1446891866235.jpg
43 KB, 480x617
>>
>>321751691
damn... never caught that. i like this twist, mkaes stuff fun in aftersight
>>
>>321751331
Kojima literally finished only 50% of MGSV in 5 years of development. Konami legit had to fire this hack.
>>
>>321752470
EN ADRIAAN!
>>

When will this meme end?
You are fucking doing the same things again and again in a empty open world.
Ubisoft games tier gameplay
>>
>>321751079

>"this isn't the boss"

Why does that matter? You can't enjoy the game because of this? People like you are the reason Kojima can never move on from this fucking series, you want the same shit with the same protagonist, about the same things every fucking time.
>>
>>321752587
Ubisoft game called SC Blacklist is better in pretty much every way possible.
>>
>>321752734
u guys are so far up you ass
>>
>>321751079
> This isn't the boss
So? Every main series game except 1 and 4 has a different protag that's initially led falsely to be the same as the last one through the MGS formula.
>>
>>321752702
Its the same shit with MGS2 are you retarded?
>>
>>321751862
>5 years and additional 2 for the engine
I had more fun playing PW, which was in development barely 2 years.
>>
>>321751079
There's a lot more wrong with MGS V aside from that twist. If they had used all those mission to flesh out the story more instead of spending so many of them on relatively uninteresting mercenary word it might have actually had an emotional impact.

There are so many weird decisions in there that seem like they are only there to deliberately annoy fans of the series. I can see how Kojima wanted to give Venom a different personality from the real Big Boss but then he should have actually characterized him. Making him an almost-but-not-quite silent protagonist was incredibly clumsy. If they had made him completely silent, saying he lost his voice because of some injury in the explosion it might have worked. If he actually had meaningful dialogue it would have worked. But two lines every ten missions? What's the point?

And then there's the fact that everything that might have been interesting in the context of the series as a whole is either completely glossed over only appears in the absurdly mismanaged audio tapes. Everyone wanted to find out more about the feud between Big Boss and Zero and the origin of Outer Haven and Foxhound. Instead it's about a war between Not BB and a rogue former agent of Zero that has no bearing on any of the later events in the series. Why did Kojima think this would add anything to the series?

The only thing we find out that has actual bearing on the chronologically later games is: The BB killed in MG1 was a decoy, which is sorta interesting to know, I guess, even though it doesn't make much of a difference whatsoever and that Liquid was already a little shit when he was a kid and, really, I would have assumed as much.
>>
>>321752702
You missed the point pretty hard there m8.
If he wanted to do something different then why did he make essentially another fucking clone?
>>
>>321752884
But MGS2 is the finest MGS if one likes Kojima's style of games?
>>
File: 1395790066584.jpg (78 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
1395790066584.jpg
78 KB, 400x533
>>321752823
List 5 things TPP does better than Blacklist.
>>
>>321751896
Truth comes out of nowhere because almost everything we were supposed to see in between was cut.

It's another great example of how no publisher actually wants any dev to make a perfect masterpiece.
See also: DMC4, Dragon's Dogma
to be fair, I get it. It's expensive to fund a game like that all the way. Is it the best choice, though? All the major pubs got where they are on reputation of their stellar games in the past. Don't they ever think that maybe some day everyone will realize that they'll just keep riding those reps and keep cutting corners on development?
>>
>>321753383
There is no cut stuff in the middle. The style of the trailers remix the shitty story and use the engine to make smaller scenes filmed in the game world.

Its more about advertising to ensure tons of sales than Konami fucking around. Except for the ending atleast.
>>
>>321753241
>Story
>Fulton
>Motherbase
>Recon
>Different ways to play

There
>>
>>321752470
>>321752587
Do you not understand a game can have great mechanics and at the same time have not so great level design? I understand "good gameplay" is vague enough to be interpreted to either of these, but gameplay shouldn't be critiqued based on one of these things alone.
>>
>>321754204
The game doesn't even have good mechanics.

Its ripped right out of Far Cry and PW(while making it less fun too). While also trying to be "realistic" when its the silliest game in the series.
>>
>>321754018
>Story
I won't even bother with this
>Fulton
Absolutely useless, soldier stats doesn't matter and that zoo is a joke
>Motherbase
Same as above + it adds useless grind to a fucking metal gear game
>Recon
This I agree with
>Different ways to play
Blacklist has better AI/level design/difficulty so I actually have a better time replaying that
>>
>>321751745
It was so amazing that people spent 5 years complaining about it like OP.
You drones will start liking MGSV automarically in a few years.
>>
>>321754018
>Fulton
>Motherbase
That's the same thing and I preferred base "management" in Blacklist, because it was simple, had it's purpose and didn't required grinding at all. Pretty optional to stealth game.
I loved Mother Base in PW, but in TPP it was a chore and even upgrades were insignificant other than fulton.
>Story
I enjoyed more wannabe action movie than pretentious parasites, wolbachia, cipher, revenge, phantom pain, muh comrades and worst villain in the whole series. TPP's story was pain to play as fan series.
>>
>>321755043
I have a feeling you'll say that in 5 years too
>>
>>321751079
Oh boy, thank you for making a new thread about what /v/ has been whining about for the last 3 months, thank god we have people here to explain how random games that /v/ has never cared about are better than TPP and, for the 1000th time how TPP is unfinished.
>>
>>321755264
Not anymore, in 5 years Konami's new MGS will probably be out, and since /v/ needs to be the hipsters among hipsters, you will start automatically liking MGSV.
That's how this board works.
>>
>>321755043
I don't know, I remember MGS 2 having a pretty large fanbase in early 2000s. Like, if Memento was the most discussed/theorized about movie, MGS2 was the same thing in games.
>>
File: file.png (245 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
file.png
245 KB, 600x339
>>321751079
>watching this game again
>gameplay is shit but the story is great
>but just can't help thinking "this isn't snake" constantly
>everything I see is being invalidated by this
Why did that hack have to ruin the entire franchise with this pointless and clumsy twist?
>>
One thing that still bugs me (sort of spoilers below):

Why the fuck aren't Solidus and Raiden in this game?

Solidus was deployed by the CIA in the mid 1980s to fight civil wars in Africa, and used child soldiers (Raiden being one of them( to accomplish this. They could have easily said that Solidus was deployed by Cipher or Skull Face to take on Diamond Dogs by any means necessary.

MGS5 set up this whole thing about child soldiers, and I legit thought it was all building up to a giant showdown of Solidus and Raiden vs. Big Boss and Eli, with Solidus voiced by David Hayter, but Kojima didn't do that for some reason. There could have been a similar theme to MGS1 about who is the true successor to Big Boss is (Solidus as a perfect clone vs. Venom who has gone through similar experiences to Big Boss).

So much background story Kojima left in a cardboard box somewhere and didn't bother putting in the game.
>>
File: mgs opinion from a decade ago.png (15 KB, 937x123) Image search: [Google]
mgs opinion from a decade ago.png
15 KB, 937x123
>>321755264
Not really, you WILL like MGSV.
>>
>>321751691

the trailers tell a better story than the actual game, why kojima
>>
>>321755627
Because that happens 5 years after the events of TPP.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-28-21-23-03.png (924 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-28-21-23-03.png
924 KB, 1920x1080
>>321751691
>>
>>321755636
Yeah, thats one opinion from many. What makes you think he changed his mind? Also why are you getting a post from 2004?

Also people already made their mind already and people get the point. No one likes it and prefer the story in the trailers.
>>
>Konami hires some shit tier western dev to make a new metal gear game
>game flopped
>sony bought metal gear and silent hill from konami
>>
>>321755627
Kojima wanted 5 to be the last chapter of Big Boss trilogy, not the bridge between BB and Solid Snake.
>>
>>321755979
>Konami hired some half decent writer and makes the game linear again because of low budget
>rated as Best MGS ever
>>
>>321755902
Maybe he didn't, but the general opinion back then was that MGS2 was shit, and now that it's good.
MGS4 suffered the same fate, so if a piece of shit like MGS4 can be liked, MGSV will be liked too.

>>321756268
What will actually happen:
>MGS6 will reuse most of the gameplay mechanics from MGSV
>it'll be basically Peace Walker 3
>the grinding will ensure there's a way to put microtransactions, which will be deeply integrated into the game
>it'll be about Big Boss once again, building the actual Outer Heaven
>of course, no ''demon'' things to upset the age rating guys
>it'll be ''by the numbers'' and completely predictable
>the twist will feel even more forced because they'll feel like there MUST be a twist
>MGO4 will probably be free to play
>>
>>321753721
And what it is chapter 51?
>>
>>321756421
People only praise MGS4 because they dislike MGSV that much.

Really, you jut sound like a metafag denying the fact that people hate your shitty game.

People already made their minds.
>>
>>321756603
They didn't, this is /v/
Their opinions are based on one simple logic.
Is it the latest entry of the franchise? It's shit.
The rest? It's now good.
>>
>>321756676
Yeah you're a metafag. You're fucking retarded.

If you really take all that /v/ shit to heart than you are autistic as fuck
>>
>>321751079

Maybe you should play more games kid
>>
i tried playing it again and it's just not fun. The missions are so bland, the world is so dull and empty.

The only good thing it has are the controls and graphics. The rest is just shallow.

GZ on the other hand, is a lot more replayable because of the excellent level design
>>
WOLBACHIA

VOCAL

PARASITES

MALE TO FEMALE
>>
>>321756603
People play mgs becouse of snak.

Not raiden. Not a pretender.

SNAK. No snak, no fun.

Every part with snak is good. Everything else is shit.

SSNNNAAAAAK!!!
>>
>>321756945
Maybe you should.
>>
>>321758374
GZ had Big Boss and it wasn't good

In fact, Ground Zeroes is the most embarrassing thing in the industry
>>
>>321757624
Camp Omega is pretty shitty as well. If you spent as much time fucking around in one of the shit TPP bases you'd know it like the back of your hand too.

It's not really a case of it having a better design, it's that most people who praise GZ spent literally a year replaying that one level over and over again. They know every single quirk and area so everything seems thought out and designed. TPP is bigger and harder to know as intimately after only a few months.

Level design in MGSV as a whole (GZ and TPP) is pretty poor.
>>
>>321758415
>durr pantom pains gameplay is le amazeinnggg
>worse stealth mechanics than in Chaos Theory 10 years ago
>worse TPS mechanics than in any actual third person shooter where it was the main focus in

>b-but muh le cardboad cocks and 3 variants of the same inflatable balloon distraction!!11

>>321758648
Except the level design in GZ is actually fucking immaculate

I wont go into huge detail about it yet again, but literally every direction you proceed in from the start has a scripted way of functioning thats impossible in TPP because of how much freedom you have with deployment and the time of the day etc

Even the fucking start of the main level in GZ where you have to think whether or not to proceed towards the guardpost with the light or the wall with the 2 guards is more depth than anything in TPP where literally all of its difficulty is dependent on the player fucking themselves over by extracting things instead of just sneaking to the objective

Also funnily enough GZ actually had better graphics than TPP, you LITERALLY cant trust them these days regarding downgrades (look at the first red band trailer for the GZ tier graphics in TPP)
>>
>>321758936
>Also funnily enough GZ actually had better graphics than TPP
On what platform? Certainly not on PC with that horrible depth of field with no menu option.
>>
>>321759117
On all of them

textures trump TPP so hard its not even funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMyoCr2MnpM

protip: those tank models are basically retextured GZ tanks, look at the lighting when he jumps into the back of the truck etc- looks like GZ instead of the final fuck of a release
>>
>>321751079
>Retarded twist in order to give an explanation nobody asked for, for a plot hole nobody cared about, in a game nobody played.

Fucking Kojimbo, i swear to god.
>>
>>321759324
Have you seen the shadows in GZ recently?
Have you seen the ridiculous fucking aliasing, even at 1440p?
>>
>>321751079
>Did he add it in at the last second after he realised chapter 3 wasn't going to happen?
This is my theory, yeah. It was a fall back, pseudo-deep plot if the original revenge plot failed.
>>
>>321755568
>shit gameplay
opinion discarded. go back to eating animals in the jungle if that's great gameplay for you
>>
>>321759367
It wasn't a plot hole, Big Boss says he's still alive right after the game ended.
>>
>>321754772
Epic.
>>
>>321761560
Epic answer m8.
It's funny how nobody can ever argue in favour of TPP. It's always just some one word meme answers.
>>
>watch trailers from years ago
>pretty much every big story element shown although out of context and sometimes with alterations to hide the twist
What was he doing for the last like 2 years?
>>
>>321752998
>Instead it's about a war between Not BB and a rogue former agent of Zero that has no bearing on any of the later events in the series. Why did Kojima think this would add anything to the series?
It's because kojima hates basing games around events that are already told in the story. And because we technically know what happens there he won't touch it again. It's why games like PW and TPP are about unrelated shit. Because he doesn't want to retread old ground.
>>
>>321759117
Actually the reflections in TPP on pc are a lot worse than in GZ.
>>
>>321763556
Too bad that makes for shitty stories.
PW was sort of essential. It showed BB forming his own group.
TPP literally tells nothing.
>>
>>321751192
the best ending would have been if Venom found out he was a fake and said, nah fuck that and went after BB. somehow in their final encounter you cant tell the two apart, maybe venom got the horn removed by this point and all his scars healed.

Anyways, if they fought and one killed the other, without the audience not knowing who it really was that died, that gives the implication that Venom could have been BB in every other Metal Gear game.

Speculative endings are the best, because they are stilled discussed years after the game releases. MGS2 and TLOU are good examples whether you like the game's or not. They have good endings.
>>
>>321765056
Yes, this would have been better. But I was thinking you would never even hear from Big Boss, and you were left feeling something's off through the story. Make it speculative, with an equal amount of hints in favor of both Venom being real or a fake. It'd have people talking for years.
>>
>>321765056
How would that fit in with MG2 and mgs4?
>>
>>321751521
Roaming Mujahadeen with the alliance mechanics of 4 would have been GOAT. Hidden weapons caches and Afghani cavern complexs that the player could stumble upon would also help.
>>
>>321752734
Wew lad, lets not go overboard now.
>>
File: 1439233138161.gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
1439233138161.gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>321767115
See
>>321761982
>>
>>321761982
It's all your arguement is worth. Furthermore Splinter Cell shit the bed so hard that the franchise is dead, while Konami is preping MGS6
>>
>>321767432
see>>321767463
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (162 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
162 KB, 1920x1080
>Why did that hack have to ruin the entire franchise with this pointless and clumsy twist?

ALL RIGHT YOU DENSE FUCKING RETARDS, I WILL EXPLAIN WHY THE TWIST IS THERE AND WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME.

The twist is there not because "lol twist" it's there to cement MGSV as a giant spin-off.

The trailers about revenge? Big Boss downfall? All deliberate lies. The game is about what the players personal story. Snake becomes a demon if you play as a demon. Ton of content is completely optional, Quiet, Paz's side-story, it's there if the player wants it. You play the game as you want.

What does all this along with the twist that "YOU'RE BIG BOSS!" mean? That Metal Gear Solid V is designed to be a Metal Gear Skyrim.
>That's fucking stupid.

Like it or not. It was never meant to be Metal Gear Solid 5, it is Metal Gear Solid V. That is the big twist, that is the end of the ruse cruise. Unfinished or not, that doesn't change, accept it.
>>
File: 1447779644028.png (288 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1447779644028.png
288 KB, 512x384
>>321752515
Makes what fun? The twist was shit and not even built up properly, they just splash it at you randomly at the end just like with every other rushed character development that was established in Chapter 2. What the fuck is wrong with you, anon?
>>
>>321755568
The story and gameplay are fine, it's Raiden who sucks.
>>
>>321767463
Give me something to argue against.
TPP doesn't even have difficulty settings for starters. There's absolutely no tension ever because even if the game wasn't easy as fuck, it decided to spoil every encounter with the most retarded decision ever made in vidya, beginning credits for every mission.
Your turn.
>>
>>321767615
And that's still fucking stupid.
>>
>>321767615
Kojima even said "V" was to represent the series taking a new route. But now with him getting fired, he can't follow up on that with the real MGS5.
>>
>>321751079
But you are Big Boss. Did you not finish the game?
>>
>>321767897
Raiden doesn't suck. He is just not snake. Stop being such a miserable fanboy
>>
>>321768025
No, but neither did Kojima.
>>
File: rnh.jpg (74 KB, 723x590) Image search: [Google]
rnh.jpg
74 KB, 723x590
>>321768165
Ayy, fair enough.
>>
>>321756945
The gameplay is great, it's just the way progression is designed makes it repetitive as fuck all.
>>
File: 1436545265000.jpg (93 KB, 460x598) Image search: [Google]
1436545265000.jpg
93 KB, 460x598
>>321767615
You're the reason why video games are shit. You want to accept some shitty plot someone "explained" online and can't accept that the game's ending is incoherent and a mess. Just look at the final scene we get with Venom, in the Diamond Dogs medbay. Why is Venom so young when he hears the tape? Why is he walking out into a smokey area? Yes, he's supposed to be in Outer Heaven right? Why isn't he old with white hair and why is the diamond dogs logo still visible? Why does he shatter the glass AND smirk? "m-muh players".

Listen, I get it. You're retarded and look deeply into ending visual representations for an entire plot point to a game. It wasn't finished, the ending came out of nowhere. It doesn't make sense from a visual standpoint at all. Things can be deep, but having rushed explanations that have poor direction that are supposed to be "deep" suck dick, like you do every night.
>>
GZ and TPP should not have been separate games, it fucked up the whole pacing of the story

Plus /v/ figured out the twist like 2 months after GZ came out
>>
>>321754204
>a game can have great mechanics and at the same time have not so great level design?
What is Resident Evil 6
Someone post the webms of Leon being baller as fuck in Mercenaries
>>
>>321751079
>game had 4 writers constantly credited throughout the game
>they were all okay with this plot twist that only adds more questions than it answers
>>
>>321767897
>Raiden
>sucks
stop talking shit about yourself faggot
>>
File: shots_fired.jpg?w=770.jpg (179 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
shots_fired.jpg?w=770.jpg
179 KB, 770x433
>>321768165
>>
eh only good MGS games are 1, 2 and 3
>>
>>321768262
You're the one who's retarded. Did I ever say I was personally satisfied with how MGSV turned out? No, but I'm not so stupid to say that the twist was thrown in at the last minute or that it doesn't make sense.

The marketing had ton of fucking hints "From FOX: Two Phantoms were born" and all that shit. It would never occur to me to defend the rushed final parts, but people shouldn't be stupid and say that the game would have ended on a different note.

Was it hamfisted? Yes, but Venom Snake and the overall message was ALWAYS part of the plan.
>>
>people who call good gameplay of MGSV a meme unironically play Witcher 3 and praise it like it's the second coming of christ
>>
>>321769302
No one does that, though.
>>
>>321769029
>Fox: Two Phantoms are born

That could be literally fucking anything

Also we get it, We are Big Boss. Its still a shitty plot that only makes sense to Kojima. Why do I want to be a part of a legacy of a mass murdering warmonger? I don't. The game whitewashes Big Boss entirely. It doesn't even go though his ideals. DD feels like a fucking great place than it should be.
>>
>>321769564
I wish I screencapd every 'witcher 3 is a masterpiece' post in the last three days
>>
>>321769302
I fucking hate both of them.
>>
Somewhat related to the story, did anyone notice how hard they're pushing you to beat the game? You get 10 mil GMP for beating most missions and 300 staff for beating mission 31 and 46. Could this be to catch up players for possible story DLC?
>>
>>321752561
Well half that time surely went to building up the Fox Engine. I think ultimately that was the reason why he got fired. Too much money went to the creation of the Fox Engine and Konami was already planning to downside his videogame investments. It is sad because the Fox engine is so fucking polished, it runs well on PS4/Xbone/PC and tosters PC is not even funny. Is one of the few PS4/Xbone games that is both 1080p and constant rock solid 60FPS. The only problem it has is that it is locked on 60FPS on PC but other than that dear lord what I would love for other studios to use that engine going forward.
>>
>>321769637
>That could be literally fucking anything

Except there is tons of other shit, did you forget that the hospital scene with Big Boss getting defibbed is in one of the first trailers for the game? An interviewer even asked KOJIMA who Kaz was referring to with " What about him?" and KOJIMA blatantly said "Oh that's the player". Of course, nobody understood what this meant then.

>The game whitewashes Big Boss entirely.

Hahaha, are you fucking serious? It establishes the fact that Big Boss was already a cunt by the end of PW, hell his downfall was the end of MGS3 for Christ sake. He fell short of the legend, like MGS characters often do. Big Boss sold out all his near and dear to further his own ambitions, there was no ebin fall from grace, because there was nothing to fall from.

" The Man Who Sold the World."
>>
>>321751521
I agree, the open world is so empty and there are so few patrols that after playing a while you already remember all 5 of them on each map and their schedule. It needed a little more unpredictability with random events of either Mujahideen or African rebels attacking the enemy or more wild animals or been able to deploy your own men on the battlefield.

MGS V is the worse case of missed potential ever.
>>
>>321771223
But at least let us see the downfall instead of hear about it.
>>
Around the time I got to THE TRUTH, I was still unaware that the game was unfinished. Didn't want to risk ANY spoilers even after that twist and so I started doing all of the side ops thinking it'd be like Peace Walker where you have to do about 1000 of them to unlock the true ending.

Yeah, never came. I had built up a theory in my mind about how the real Big Boss would come back and stab you in the back, kill you now that you'd served your purpose in order to tie up the loose ends. This would have been incredible IMO as the character we know and love and have fucking played as comes and stabs you in the back. Best way to make everyone truly hate him and complete the transition into villainy.
>>
>>321771223
> It establishes the fact that Big Boss was already a cunt by the end of PW, hell his downfall was the end of MGS3 for Christ sake.

Then the game shouldn't fucking put it in the trailers. God Kojimas retarded
>>
>>321771352
>But at least let us see the downfall instead of hear about it.

You already did, in two games called Metal Gear Solid 3 and Peace Walker.
>>
>>321771696
>Then the game shouldn't fucking put it in the trailers. God Kojimas retarded

No, you're retarded for thinking Kojima wouldn't misdirect and lie in his trailers after MGS2. Welcome to Metal Gear newfriend.
>>
>>321771750

Except Phantom Pain was supposed to go a bit further with it and leave no room for doubt that Big Boss is a villain. He was ultimately tricked into killing his mentor and even if he gave some villain speech at the end of PW he still played the hero in stopping Peace Walker and Metal Gear.
>>
>>321767615
I bet you were an indoctrination faggot for ME3's ending as well.
>>
>>321771223
>hell his downfall was the end of MGS3 for Christ sake.
Nah, you are fucking retarded. There is a lot of downfall from being disenchanted with your government and commanders to being a warmonger that use child soldiers and want the world to be a constant battlefield.

If anything PW did a better job at portraying that change but it didn't go far enough. If anything people were expecting MGS V to be that, specially after how GZ ended.

Instead we got the tale of Venom Snake that is basically Mercenary Jesus.
>>
File: .....gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
.....gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>321771991
>Welcome to Metal Gear newfriend.
This, anyone who claims MGS2 wasn't shit on on release is a fucking teenager that started playing MGS on release at 4.
Inb4 "Hurr hurr MGS2 being rushed, having cut content and finishing suddenly is okay because I LIKE IT!"
>>
>>321771991
Yeah, like in MGS3
and MGS4
or in MGSPW

Even though there is some slight noticeable inconsistencies(Chico being choked) they still kept to the similar idea. TPP had none of that. Its stupid to advertise shit from the past games to the new one.

But hey, you got your wish. Everyone saw it and no one liked it.

Though the more clear explanation was that the story for TPP was so terrible they had to remix a new narrative because Kojima spent too much budget money on a Far Cry rip-off.
>>
>>321772540
How does posting games that didn't use this tactic help you?
Posting 3 people I didn't murder next to someone I didn't murder doesn't exclude me from being a murderer you fucking knob.
If you aren't even going to refute his evidence properly other than "W-well he didn't do it after that!!" Than enjoy being BTFO by anyone with a fucking brain.
>>
File: 43435345.jpg (18 KB, 260x288) Image search: [Google]
43435345.jpg
18 KB, 260x288
>tfw im actually enjoying MGSV PP
>>
>>321771093
Kojima has shit all to do with building the engine. The story being what it is has no excuses.
>>
>>321772540
>Though the more clear explanation was that the story for TPP was so terrible they had to remix a new narrative because Kojima spent too much budget money on a Far Cry rip-off.

Go back and look at some of the earliest trailers and realize how stupid you sound.
>>
>>321751079
It's the best way to explain how Big Boss accomplished so much in that short time span.
>>
>>321772723
>Posting 3 people I didn't murder next to someone I did* murder
>>
>>321769886
I think is to push people into FOB endgame, which is actually pretty fun but it is also broken in that you need better gear and for that you have to grind shit ton of soldiers and get a second or third FOB in order to be able to start development and some items take more than 10 days to develop.
>>
It's not a twist though.

Like, that plotpoint was revealed in some of the very first trailers. We all knew you weren't Big Boss for a few years now.

Also, gameplay is shit.
>>
>kojima wasted the chance of using solidus instead of big medic
>>
>The game didn't follow my theoryshitting therefore it's retro actively bad!
If you honestly think the game just "Becomes bad" at the ending you're fucking delusional.
>>
>>321751079
>>321760470
>Did he add it in at the last second after he realised chapter 3 wasn't going to happen?
It was practically telegraphed by the very first trailer shown in GDC 2013. Punished Snake being a decoy was one of the first fan theories ever proposed.
>>
>>321751331

Also

>Opening credits at the start of every mission that spoils the story each and every time

Fucking pissed me off. I was forced to face the opposite direction of my TV until the fucking helicopter landed just to that the ending of the mission wouldn't fucking get spoiled.
>>
>>321772761
>Kojima has shit all to do with building the engine
What?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/12/24/hideo-kojima-works-on-everything-himself-former-fox-engine-lead-tells-his-experience-working-with-him/

>Merceron didn’t really know what to expect from Hideo Kojima, as he knew him just as a friend. Since he did a lot of public relations and marketing, Merceron thought that maybe he was like a figurehead, with a lot of underlings doing everything from him, like game design and narrative design.

>When they started to work together, Merceron was absolutely amazed. Kojima-san takes care of everything himself. He does marketing, Creativity on P.T “from A to Z,” the same with Metal Gear, he worked on the game design and on the story. Something not many know is that after Metal Gear Solid 4 was finished and work on Fox Engine started Kojima-san was among those who designed the technology. He’s a true technology enthusiast, and he wanted an engine that could represent him and that allowed him to deliver the experiences he aspired to create.
>>
>>321773047
But it did follow the theoryshitting
>>
>>321773192
Wrong, everyone wanted a foxhound circlejerk with Big Boss committing war crimes.
They didn't get it and threw a massive fucking fit.
Also having 300 fan theories and one of them being right doesn't make anyone a fucking psychic, drop it.
>>
>>321773047
You are fucking retarded. The twist hold no meaning at all.
>>
5 years + 80 million dollars and THIS is what we get? Just Cause 3 has a lot more for a lot less.
>>
File: 1449201729030.png (13 KB, 305x275) Image search: [Google]
1449201729030.png
13 KB, 305x275
>>321751079

https://youtu.be/dQyChOfNxJw

listening to this song breaks my heart.
The way the music starts, hanging on each note, conveying all that has been lost

The way it builds, the triumphant return of big boss

it just lost its way in the end
>>
>>321773286
Everyone knew you were playing the medic in MGSV, the problem was that the medic ended up being no one important. Is just prove that the message of the game is really patronizing towards the players from Kojima, "You were BB all along, congratulations!"
>>
>MUH HISTORY

Aside of that meme, the game is good.
>>
You were never Big Boss to begin it, Big Boss is an idea, not a person.
>>
File: 1451014047596.jpg (80 KB, 352x517) Image search: [Google]
1451014047596.jpg
80 KB, 352x517
>>321773286
Are you this fucking autistic? Holyshit
>>
>>321773485
that dosent mean john wasnt a character with an arc
>>
>>321772074
>Nah, you are fucking retarded. There is a lot of downfall from being disenchanted with your government and commanders to being a warmonger that use child soldiers and want the world to be a constant battlefield.

But PW and V basically gives you all the explanations for villian Big Boss.

The end of V establishes BB as a man who will do anything to further his ambitions. Him leaving Venom Snake (you) out to take the fucking fall for him shows that he is a man who will now basically do anything.

It's a fitting ending to his arc that's not thrown in your face, we don't need more fucking exposition after fucking MGS4.
>>
If the game ended with Chapter 1 there would be zero complaints about the story.
>>
>>321773447
>Expecting a huge retcon from a story that already has a beginning and ending.
Of course Venom can't do shit with his own name.
>>321773490
Sick bro, really showed your points there.
>>
>>321773472
The game is shit. Is repetitive as all hell and is fucking empty. The only "fun" you can have is if you look it yourself which is a fucking retarded concept that only a small retarded fanbase defend.
>>
>>321773286
Wrong. I wanted a game that filled in all of the gaps in the series and had closure. The choice to let you play as people other than (any) Snake ruined the option for dialogue in game, and as such they just focused on gameplay > story, which is the opposite of what i want

tight gameplay is fine but tl;dr i just wanted a well written batshit retarded story that ties loose ends
>>
>>321773685
>I don't want the game to hold my hand.
>I also don't want to figure out how to do fun things all by myself.
>>
>>321773628

But you've got to admit that it would have been considerably more satisfying to actually see that development from his perspective.

I mean, I get it, I really do, Venom being our viewpoint character means that Big Boss' betrayal of his soldier is also a betrayal of the player, fair enough but with the way it's presented it's hard to feel very strongly about it.
>>
>>321773602
John was just another Snake, his characterism becomes irrelevant when he takes on the identity of Big Boss, that character, along with it's arc, died in MGS3. That point was further explored in Peace Walker, where characterization for him is pretty much inexistant.
>>
>>321773630
A better solution would be to fit the best parts of chapter 2 into 1.

Shining lights, even in death could have been done along with quiets arc.

Only problem would be hueys trial
>>
>>321773630
Except for how short it was, parasites and how cheesey Skull Face turned out to be.
>>
>>321773694
>tight gameplay is fine but tl;dr i just wanted a well written batshit retarded story that ties loose ends.

He tried that with MGS4.

And we all know how that turned out.
>>
>>321767987
The "V" represents Kojima and Konami heading in different directions.
>>
>>321773798
I never said that. The game isn't fun at all since there are clearly OP tactics. You can only do the rest if you REALLY want diversity but the game doesn't reward you for it.

Example being the Ranking of the Missions and the Emblems you win. There is little incentive to play the game in different manners.
>>
>>321773984
i liked mgs4 though it wasn't the best game in the series but i liked it a lot
>>
>>321773983
>Except for how short it was

It took me about 40 hours to finish chapter 1, by today's standards that's pretty long, especially for an action game. For comparison it took me less than 20 hours to finish GTA V's main story and that's considered a long game.
>>
>>321751079
keep playing it. youll warm to Venom. This is like a metaphor for family. he inherits all of this shit, this hell, from BB
>>
>>321774020
So what you're saying is that there's no way for you to enjoy something unless it's the most effecient way to do it, AND you're upset that the game rewards you for doing so because it makes you not want to do anything else.
All this being the game's fault simply because you're in it for the score and not the fun?
It's the same way in every other game ever made with a ranking system dude.
>>
>>321773628
>>The end of V establishes BB as a man who will do anything to further his ambitions. Him leaving Venom Snake (you) out to take the fucking fall for him shows that he is a man who will now basically do anything.

Nah, because BB didn't even came up with the plan himself, he just goes along with it. There is no juxtaposition with BB and Venom because we barely see them together and even then Venom ended up being a better man, he saves animals, he saves children, he is tolerant and patient, he doesn't kill for revenge, etc etc, meanwhile we know nothing of BB and after PW we barely see anything resembling real action from his side that could turn him into the demon we was "going to become" in MGS V (Man becomes demon).
>>
>>321751079
>replaying this game again
I hope you are replaying missions because otherwise the grinding you have to do to create level 9 items its gonna be almost imposible without having the MB coins konami has been giving out since release
>>
>>321774303
>It's the same way in every other game ever made with a ranking system dude.
No it isn't, DMC or Bayonetta are good examples of a ranking System that push the player to get better and enjoy the game in a fun way.

MGS V doesn't do that, it only incentive you to break the game in the most faster way possible, regardless of how you play it. It gives you 10 types of each gun (which is fucking useless) for the sake of fake variety and then doesn't punish you for playing the game like a scrub. Topping that with retarded and bling IA, the game barely classifies as a stealth game.
>>
>ITT: Ive never played peace walker
>>
The real problem is not having any bosses besides another giant robot fight and the shittiest sniper duel ever.
>>
>>321752587
>Core gameplay mechanics =/= a game developers utilisation of those mechanics.
The previous anon didn't make the distinction clear, but that's probably part of the point he's trying to make.

The language people use to talk about gameplay is really vague, when you think about it.

Words can kill good discussion.
>>
>>321772348
Literally none of those things prevented MGS2 from being fuck-awesome at release.
>>
>>321774626
Well the only way to reach the 120 levels in some platforms is to have 4 FOB full of S rank soldiers. Shit is asking to much to grind for, even if advance FOB invasions give the player guaranteed S ranks and some S+, S++ soldiers.
>>
>>321773447
Who else did you expect Venom/Medic to be anyway? Cause having him be Gray Fox like everyone else was predicting would've been even more stupid.
>>
>>321774784
I just realized they could have used the open world to do a series of skirmishes/encounters with Quiet rather than the one fight

fuck
>>
>>321774795
Are you seriously implying MGSV isn't a good game, or the fact, repeat FACT that MGS2 was shit on for reasons just as vapid?
People who hated on MGS2 didn't like the story, so much so that they didn't care about it as long as they got to play solid snake the bad ass robot killer.
People that hated on MGSV was too dependant on the story.
Which is why you see the divide here.
Now me, not being a fucking retard, I enjoyed both and their different strengths was very refreshing.
>>
>>321751079
How was it clusmy? It makes sense and it sure as hell makes just as much sense as everything else that happens in metal gear. People who bitch about V are so damn annoying, you fags act like this kind of shit is new for metal gear. The only acceptable criticism is there wasn't enough exposition to the main plot and cutscenes. Even then it was all in the tapes just different from your normal entry
>>
>>321755482
That's how this entire fucking site is more like. Look at /tv/ they're doing the same shit with sw right now.
>>
The fact that GZ's one map ended up being way better than anything available in TPP was doubly depressing. What's the point of that "unbelievably good gameplay" even when the levels you use them in are shit in comparison to what you were led to believe?

>>321751862
>had over half a decade to put out a game
>tried starting up Silent Hills despite the mess MGSV was in
Konami is shit but to place *all* the blame for MGSV being the way it is on them seems wrong.

>>321773286
>Wrong, everyone wanted a foxhound circlejerk with Big Boss committing war crimes.
I think most people would've appreciated a complete feeling game atleast.
>>
>>321773936
>But you've got to admit that it would have been considerably more satisfying to actually see that development from his perspective.
>I mean, I get it, I really do, Venom being our viewpoint character means that Big Boss' betrayal of his soldier is also a betrayal of the player, fair enough but with the way it's presented it's hard to feel very strongly about it.

But MGS being backhanded about shit is basically the A and O of the whole series.

Sure, he could have done something everyone pretty much expected. But he decided to present Big Boss downfall in a much more subtle way. Would this have been another franchise I would probably be mad, but the whole MGS series can basically be summurized as "Misinformation and shit happens behind the curtains yo"
>>
>>321775023
>Even then it was all in the tapes just different from your normal entry

The problem is that the tapes made sense in PW because PW was a fucking handheld title, build to be played on the go and needed to be aware of the player maybe not having enough time to watch a full cutscene.

The tapes are fucking useless in TPP and only proves that the game has rushed production to much since a lot of the scenes in the tapes are clearly cutscenes cut because of how the people interact in them and the sound effects.
>>
>>321775193
>I think most people would've appreciated a complete feeling game atleast.
Like MGS2?
>>
>>321773947
I understand the idea of him becoming taking on the identity of big boss and sorry if Im a thick idiot but that dosent mean I didnt care about watching the character john grow and his relationships with other people, like huey.

Their relationship changed from PW to TPP and it was hard to watch him distrust huey, replaying the game completely takes away from that.
>>
File: [twirling intensifies].jpg (151 KB, 850x808) Image search: [Google]
[twirling intensifies].jpg
151 KB, 850x808
>>321751079
Tell me one thing the game actually does well.
>>
>>321775302
>But he decided to present Big Boss downfall in a much more subtle way.
Why do people keep saying this? BB is a no factor in the entire game. The only thing that people could say is that BB planned to use Venom as a body double. But BB didn't plan shit he just went along with a plan already set in motion by another party.

BB may have been ok with the dead of civilians and the like but that isn't near enough "evil" as what people make it out to be.
>>
>>321774997
>People who hated on MGS2 didn't like the story, so much so that they didn't care about it as long as they got to play solid snake the bad ass robot killer.
People didn't like MGS2 because they didn't like Raiden and wanted to play as Snake instead. There were story complaints but you're either remembering it wrong or have no idea what you're talking about if you think that it overshadowed people bitching over Raiden.

People are hating on MGSV not just because it was simply different in concept to what people were expecting like what you're saying, but it doesn't even execute that concept well like MGS2 did with it's themes and feels incomplete (hence all the dumb fan bullshit about the super secret Chapter 3 nonsense)

>>321775434
MGS2 didn't start recycling the first half of it's game for no reason and make it mandatory to go through it like V did. You can make a case for MGS2's ending being unfulfilling I guess
MGSV doesn't even make it far enough to warrant having complaints like that in the first place though
>>
File: current year.jpg (107 KB, 640x1050) Image search: [Google]
current year.jpg
107 KB, 640x1050
>>321755636
>10 years and people still shitpost the exact same way.
Jesus christ that's hilarious.
It's also hilarious all the contrarians decided to ignore this.
>>
>>321754204
Thief has tons of different types of surfaces that make different amounts of noise, and about sixteen levels of light. Chaos Theory models ambient sound. What does MGS V have?
>>
File: MGSV SNIPER TRUCK.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
MGSV SNIPER TRUCK.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>321775605
gameplay>>321775650
>>
>>321775434
I don't know what you are saying. Even on release date no one complained that MGS 2 was incomplete in any way. People bitched about not understanding its themes but time gave a lot of people more perspective. MGS V isn't just unfinished but its themes are SO fucking tame and shallow that not even time and perspective could save this game. Shit MGS 2 had defenders from day 1 that started talking about what is common knowledgeable when talking about MGS2.
>>
File: file.png (670 KB, 800x1600) Image search: [Google]
file.png
670 KB, 800x1600
>>321775650
>isn't near enough "evil" as what people make it out to be.
its like poetry
it rymes
>>
>>321754018
>Story
None present

>Fulton
Kidnapping hundreds of soldiers is grinding.

>Motherbase
Pointless

>Recon
Buddies automatically mark enemies through walls.

>Different ways to play
Like what?
>>
>>321775817
The physics of the game are fantastic. Try to do that same shit from the helicopter moving. The among of detail to that stuff Fox engine has is incredible. But then again gameplay isn't just how well the physics for each gun and bullets are done.
>>
>>321775817
>no drop
what a boner killer, man.
>>
>>321775865

Back the fuck up and stop lying retard, as soon as arsenal launches we get some kind of Evangelion style long monologues over live footage since there had to cut out everything after that point and ship the game due to 911
>>
>>321775865
>Even on release date no one complained that MGS 2 was incomplete in any way.
See
>>321755636
>not even time and perspective could save this game.
That's funny I don't recall anyone in this shithole having access to a time machine.
Either bring up valid points or stop.
It's obvious most of you niggers will suck MGSV cock when the next installment comes out, just like 4.
And if you're honestly gonna defend 4 after how much fucking hate I've seen it garner here with no one defending it you're only going to prove my point emphatically.
>>
File: MGS DIVE.webm (3 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
MGS DIVE.webm
3 MB, 768x432
>>321776047
i mean gameplay in the control you have over snake
GZ and TPP gameplay is the shit
>>
>>321773798
>I also don't want to figure out how to do fun things all by myself.
You can make that argument for any game regardless of it's quality.

MGSV's actual world is a completely sterile and uninteresting place to be. It's completely indicative of the problems open world games can have, big open spaces with fucking nothing interesting to do beyond seeing what "technology" is place, and you can do almost all of that by the end of Chapter 1.

>>321775434
Why can't the people defending this game not do so without bringing up MGS2 to try and change the point completely? That anon didn't even mention MGS2.
>>
>>321776058
>drop
>sub 400m
it can be fun, but that's what grenade launchers are for
>>
>>321776058
There is bullet drop in the game, are you insane? Each weapon has a max effective range, that truck was less than 150 mts away so the rifle was withing effective range.
>>
File: file.png (188 KB, 496x365) Image search: [Google]
file.png
188 KB, 496x365
>>321776018
>None present
and thank god for that, MGS4 already have all the story we need
>Kidnapping hundreds of soldiers is grinding.
i dont think you ever need to do that
all the equipment you need to complete missions is on the field
>Pointless
agree
>Buddies automatically mark enemies through walls.
yeah because that never happened in the series before
>Like what?
you can go all stealth
go all rambo
go half stealth half rambo
with tranq
no tranq
only lethal weapons
only lethal weapons whitout killing nobody
only the water gun
only CQC
only d-Walker CQC
with budies
no budies
from the left
from the right
from above
with a sniper
with the choper
whitout clothes
only using the box
rocket punch
special parasite powers
only molotov
only flame thrower
only explosive guns
>>
>>321776278
>Why can't the people defending this game not do so without bringing up MGS2 to try and change the point completely? That anon didn't even mention MGS2.
Because anyone that didn't play the older MGS games shouldn't be here as they obviously never gave a shit about the game in the first place.
And anyone willing to defend 2 and shit on V is a hypocrite who's opinions aren't worth reading.
>>
>>321775650
Big Boss downfall is that he sold you the fuck out.

You didn't experience it through seeing him do horrible shit, you experienced it through his betrayal. He never turned into a demon, he turned into an asshole. Kojima never intended for him to end up a Saturday morning crook by the end of MGSV.
>>
>>321751079
You sound like a pleb who needs a strictly traditional narrative with a beginning,middle and end to enjoy the individual parts of something and like you want games to cater to you.
Anyone who plays MGS at this point to continue a saga storyline is an idiot. MGS is about how entertaining each individual scene is and how good each game is on it's own, I am glad each one tries something different and doesn't give a shit about continuity.
>>
>>321755636
>>321776171
WOW 1 PERSON WOW THE ENTIRE FANBASE HATED MGS 2! WOW!

http://junkerhq.net/MGS2/

Back from 2002.

So yeah time did gave everyone more perspective on shit people saw basically on release. Now try to find something similar that defends the shit that is MGS V.
>>
>>321751192
>>321765056
>>321765992

Would have vastly preferred something like this. Just picturing it is awesome
>>
>>321776551
>i dont think you ever need to do that
>all the equipment you need to complete missions is on the field

No, it isn't. There are missions that require you to fulton trucks, tanks or containers. Also grinding is unavoidable in the game.
>>
>>321776860
>http://junkerhq.net/MGS2/
>You have to read this wall of text to appreciate MGS2 guys.
How about playing the fucking game sperglord.
>>
>>321776681
But he didn't even sold you out. You were ok with it by the end and most likely would ended up taking the role anyway if asked too. Venom even after years went buy and he was in Other Heaven he still saw BB as his CO.

BB representation in the game is fucking garbage and does anything to portrait his character. PW seems to be the end of his character and that is fine if it wasn't for the fact that PW didn't go far enough at all and that the events of GZ pointed out towards real evil actions being taken as retaliation. But instead we got Jesus Snake.
>>
>>321777034
I did, back in 2001 and love it. Is not my problem MGS2 was really 2Deep4u.
>>
i think the people that hate mgsV the most are MGS2 fags
because they tried to pander to MGS2 fags with MGS4 and it sucked balls
now they tried to pander to MGS3 fags and the game was awesome but the story was shit
>>
>>321777034
Sorry you are too much of a shit eating mongoloid to appreciate the value of analyzing and interpreting media.
>>
>>321777285
Fact of the matter is retard a games most valuable commodity is fucking gameplay.
Story can be fucking god tier but if the game isn't service able, it's fucking shit.
Sorry you think games are art or some gay shit.
Normies loved MGSV, nothing you and your brain dead legion of faggots can do will ever change it.
>>
>>321777454
You have to be a pretty closed minded idiot to not see the value of a good narrative in a game like Planescape Torment or The Witcher and only play games purely for the gameplay.
>>
>>321752850
3 and PW
>>
>>321774973
You could have had that several day sniper duel that Kojima wanted to do with The End.
>>
>>321777454
Go to bed Miyamoto. I am glad you and your bread are dying.
>>
HEY HEY GUYS WANT TO KNOW A SECRET?

MGS canon is fucking dumb and Kojima hasn't cared about it since MGS2. He does shit solely because of the theme and message and the actual canon is a complete afterthought because he hasn't wanted to make a MGS since forever.

Don't obsess over words so much, find the meaning behind the words, then decide
>>
File: Big Boss 2.jpg (276 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss 2.jpg
276 KB, 894x894
Anyone who complains about bad level design has most likely never tried to infiltrate high level FOBs.

High level FOBs have the tightest level design that I've seen in a long time, especially now that they are letting people manually set up security cams and claymores in the most recent patch.
>>
>>321763556
>Because he doesn't want to retread old ground.
MGS2 was literally designed to be a MGS1 retread.
>>
>>321778013
And MGS1 was the best moments of the MSX2 games remade in 3D.
>>
>>321776686
>MGS is about how entertaining each individual scene

And V had none entertaining scenes
>>
>>321777961
That's online though. It doesn't save the SP part being fucking atrocious in terms of level design.
Would you praise Battlefield for it's SP if the MP part is solid?
>>
>>321751192
>It would have been nicer if he did it in a way where you don't really know it's him or not.
I completely agree
In this way, the fanbase would have been left wondering and speculating till it reached their own conclusion much like MGS2
But Kojima had to retcon an already finished timeline for a message he already used in MGS2
The subtle hints that Venom isn't BB would have made the game much much better
>>
>>321778475
FOB is online done well, and it is clearly meant to be a part of the game's storyline. You even get a mission in single player that introduces you to FOBs, and hopefully a cutscene in the future when all nukes are disposed.

This is nothing like battlefield and that is a terrible analogy.
>>
>>321778475
Besides, the main complaint was "bad level design". If the online portion of the game has good level design (which isn't even really online because most of the time you're infiltrating against guard AI) then the game has good level design. Plain and simple.
>>
>>321778373
That is some shit fucking taste. The whole intro was amazing, the Quiet fight, the scene where BB eats the cremated ashes of his fallen brothers and says some amazing poetic cheesy 80s movie shit, the level where you have to infiltrate through the misty trail and escape from a fight with burning volgin. That amazing use of tone and horror elements creeping into the atmosphere. That body horror segment with Paz. MGSV is an amazing game packed with content and some of the most complex stealth mechanics in a stealth game and the best dynamic stealth gameplay of all time that is not focused on level design like Thief..
>>
>>321756603
I've always liked MGS4 better than MGS3 because Naked Snake was straight up autistic in MGS3 and they streamlined all the shitty "realistic" mechanics like eating and camo.
>>
>>321778475
Bad Company 1 had incredible SP and MP both
>>
>>321778629
That cutscene is already available and it makes 0 sense with the story of MGS V as a hole. Even if it tries to give an anti-Nuclear message it fails to make that part relevant in any way of the story.

Also it is bullshit that you have to build a nuclear bomb to gain a thropy and earn 50000 demon points and only lose 1000 for disarm it.
>>
>>321778629
>>321778729
Now you're basically defending always online policy.
Given how shit FOBs were at launch, lots of people won't even experience this "amazing level design" stuffed into ONE area of the entire game.
Hackers are also a massive problem and apparently it won't be fixed.
>>
>>321778853
>I prefer this game that did nothing right as opposed to this game which did most things right

And streamline the camo system? MGS4 literally removed the menu and gave you the best camo automatically, you retard.
>>
>>321779297
>Hackers are also a massive problem and apparently it won't be fixed.
>playing on PC
Way to be a retard. I have both the PC and PS4 version and only a retard would play MGS V on PC online
>>
>>321779353
>Literally removed the menu
>Literally
The menu is still there retard. Replay the fucking game if you want to talk shit.
>>
>>321755568
Bad argument there
Raiden and Snake have completely different personality, appeareance and voice and the ruse was only in the marketing and revealed after the brief time you spend in the Tanker chapter
Raiden has a different story and motivation and he's not as wise, good or cold like Snake and he's more like how the player would be rather than Snake so he's a completely different character
Venom Snake on the other hand is completely identical to Big Boss with the only difference being the scars, strap, horn and hair style, posing as Big Boss and being brainwashed into being him, and it's finally revealed that he's not BB at the end of the game while heavily hinted during the gameplay
One is a new character, the other one is a copy of an already existing character and a useless retcon
>>
>>321779353
As if choosing a camo required any thought, it was convenient and streamlined for the better. Picking your camo every time is just busy work, as much as I understand the need for it in MGS3.
>>
>>321779527
Hell on release you could even skip the Tanker Chapter if you said you didn't care about MGS1 and preferred MGS2 even if you never played the game before.
>>
>>321751079
Thanks for spoils my dude, I was thinking of playing this
>>
>>321779407
I have already sold my PS4 copy and never played the PC version but it's a legit complaint. They have fucking nothing to counter hackers so it's the games fault.
>>
>>321779353
MGS4 is basically a Clint Eastwood simulator, MGS3 you play as a man with Asperger's. I prefer MGS2 Raiden to Naked Snake, and PW Snake/BB is unrecognizable compared to Naked.

Also how on earth can anyone enjoy the camo index, you have to PAUSE THE GAME just to progress in some areas.
>hur hur git gud without camo swapping
then why have it be a fucking mechanic in the game? MGS4 did it right, just make it so that dumb mechanic is automatic.
>>
>>321771093
your theory sucks ass. fox engine has been complete since 2013 when they launched the trailer. kojima had a good year and a half to fill in the gap that was a lacking story.
>>
>>321767615
what the fuck is this mumbo jumbo shut the fuck up
>>
>>321763205
this
>>
>>321751079
> MGSV took more than twice the budget of F4 to make.

Let that sink in for a moment.
>>
>>321780530
>F4 was in development for over 4 years
And if what >>321780224 said is true, then MGSV TPP was only made in 2 years.
>>
>>321752998
Everything you said is true and right and correct. The player isn't even told when Kaz lost his limbs, for fuck's sake.
>>
Kojima originally had intended Ishmael to be fucking Huey of all people

HUEY

FUCKING HUEY

KOJIMA IS A HACK AND DOES NOT CARE ABOUT MGS. IT SHOWS. THANK FUCK THE SERIES IS DEAD
>>
>>321780530
and it shows, fallout 4 runs on a shitty outdated engine full of reused and slightly tweaked assets, MGSV is on a new well made engine and is full of little details and a story that can take over 100 hours to finish along with a full online mode with innovative, fun features (though ruined a bit by hackers at this point, and only online sucks shit). Haven't even played MGO yet because I am on PC but I already feel like I got more than my 60$ worth, one of the best games I have ever played desu.
>>
>>321780826
Citation needed
>>
>>321779971
I have seen 0 hackers on PS4. What the fuck are you talking about? PC is full of them with several nukes more than other versions despite the PC version selling less than the rest. And most FOBs having full S++ soldiers in them.
>>
>>321780224
>your theory sucks ass. fox engine has been complete since 2013 when they launched the trailer. kojima had a good year and a half to fill in the gap that was a lacking story.

Do you even know how engine creating works? You aren't truly done and you always ended up adding shit to it as you go along with development. The former head of its creation said as much that they were working on the engine right up to the release of MGS V Ground Zeroes. The production of the engine started after MGS 4 shipped.
>>
>>321780826
>>321781362
http://s.famitsu.com/news/201512/28096390.html

>>Yano In fact, "from personally Kojima MGSV I was listening to the concept of ". It is that of 2011. At that point, all the elements had Desoro~tsu. Phantom pane (phantom limb pain), vocal cord insects, RACE (race), the theme of revenge, of course, " Moby Dick also motif that. " However, Ish-mail was Huey at this point. Snake in Eihabu, enemies Diamond Dogs is to partner the United States. Huey = Ish-mail in the United States side of human beings, was a structure that is told from the point of view of the United States of justice. Why, the role is not a Huey of the narrator (Ish-mail), and either he really became BIGBOSS, will be clear later much later after release.

It goes on saying that Huey was going to side with America and BB and Venom was going to side with Ocelot with Miller being torn between the two. Venom was also hinted to be responsible for 9/11 which in MGS, was going to happen in 1984 (in the game's timeline)
>>
File: 1447017460302.jpg (80 KB, 562x427) Image search: [Google]
1447017460302.jpg
80 KB, 562x427
I thought I was completely done with this in November then I discovered that the No Trace score was a thing and it revitalised my interest.

It's simultaneously the best and worst game I've ever played.
>>
>>321780530
That sounds like bullshit. Also MGS V build a new engine from the ground while FO4 is still reusing a 10 year old engine. Also MGS V is 1080p 60fps with virtually no drops on either console, while FO4 performance is one of the worse of the year.
>>
>>321775302
That's fair, I guess. But that kind of approach shouldn't get in the way of a good story and in Phantom Pains case I feel it kinda did.
>>
>>321773087
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xu2hWlUArE

Not only that, it's the very first thing of the very first trailer for Phantom Pain. "What about him?"

We were spoiled about the Venom plot twist in the first minute of the first trailer 2 and a half years before the game came out.
>>
Great things about MGSV:

Sandbox open world that you can experiment in
Quiet's naked body

Horrible things about MGSV:
Open world gets boring quick
Open world has incomplete level designs when exploring
Weakest story in the history of MGS including spinoffs, Snake's revenge was more interesting than this
Incomplete game from dull mother base to removed assets of an underground mother base to guard dogs to chapter 3 which is rumored to be complete and chapter 4&5 which according to Japan was only written up as a script, to lies about revisiting camp omega and the "thing that's never been done before" in interconnected functionality to a shit load of other grievances

Great game, weak MGS game. Not like it matters, Hackjima is gone and KONAMI is going to violate the IP
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.