[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you ready for the year of Classic Sonic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11
File: classicsonictweet.jpg (29 KB, 519x185) Image search: [Google]
classicsonictweet.jpg
29 KB, 519x185
Are you ready for the year of Classic Sonic?
>>
>>321749786
but DID IT HAVE BLUE ARMS?
>>
What is Classic Sonic?
>>
>>321749786
Classic Sonic's eyes are not freaking green
>>
Picture?
>>
BOYCOTT THE GREEN EYED GASPACHO
>>
Didn't that diaperfag get his shit together?
>>
The only good sonics are adventure 1 and 2. 06 went overboard and more serious and tarnished 3D sonic reputation. Literally no one asked for Boom and literally no one asked for 2D back to roots with new quirks that aren't roots sonic
>>
>giving classic sonic green eyes

Don't go to gamestop tommorow
>>
Green eyes are cooler also I prefer classic look anyway. fucking hate the longer spikes.
>>
File: 1286138462075.jpg (23 KB, 178x243) Image search: [Google]
1286138462075.jpg
23 KB, 178x243
>>321751071
And heroes
And unleashed
And Generations
>>
So anyone have a photo of it or what
>>
>>321751126
I like how we're pretending Unleashed is a good game when it was universally slammed at release.
>>
>>321751126
>And heroes
>And unleashed

bad
>>
>>321751071

The sonic rush games on the DS were pretty good.
>>
>>321750698
nice meme
get the fuck out idiot
>>
>>321751219
Oh yeah sure, ign and gamespot saying its worse than 06 sure is reasonable criticism

Unleashed haters who turn right around and then say shit like colors or generations are their favorites are retarded
>>
>>321751219
The biggest issues were the sun/moon coins and the night levels taking far, far too long. Pretty much everything about the game mechanics was solid.
>>
>>321749786
>next year
>sonic team announces a brand new game
>Puyo Puyo 25th anniversary

I'd be hyped Tbh
>>
>>321751126
>heroes

Heroes was absolute trash. Go play it again, and remember to take off the nostalgia glasses when you do.
>>
Freedom Planet is a far better Sonic game than the classics ever were. Voice acting is garbage but otherwise it's the superior game. Can't wait for the sequel
>>
>>321751580
It wasnt even that bad. wasnt great like SA 1 and 2, but was definitely enjoyable. You just have shit taste.
>>
>>321751580
Outside of some collision/glitch problems the game was fine. Team sonic and shadow were great, ignored the other 2.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>321751791
>outside of some major gamebreaking bugs and half the game, the game was fine
>>
>>321752123
Looks like reading isnt your strong point

Glitches happen sometimes. big deal. happens in every game

You must also have autism if you feel the need to 100% a game even if parts of it are tedious or shit. My memories of heroes are with the team sonic and shadow, not amy or chaotix.
>>
>>321752250
>autism to actually beat the game and deal with a fuckton of tedious shit
>>
>>321751752
>shit taste.

No, fuck you. Go play Heroes again and tell me it's a good game afterwards. I double-dog-dare you. Also Sonic Adventure is far from "great", though it isn't as bad as Heroes.

>>321751791
The game has all kinds of collision problems, definitely more than an average game. It also has bad animations, weak enemy variety, and the flying and combat forms are slow as hell and boring to play as. The level up system was pointless as well.

The only thing the game has going for it is level variety, aesthetically speaking. Haunted houses and the like are always cool. But even that is muddied when the game expects you to play the levels four times over.

>it's literally le autism to beat a game

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>321751071
>>321751126
SA1 was alright, but flawed.
SA2 improved on SA1 greatly, and is still the best "modern" game to date.
Heroes is the same as SA, alright but flawed.
ShTH is average at best, but I give it a pass.
Sonic '06 is... Sonic '06.
Unleashed was bad, but it was a step in the right direction.
Colours is tied with SA2 for the best "modern" Sonic game.
Generations is good, but it could have been better.
lol Lost World.
lol Boom.
>>
>>321750467
They better be fuckin blue
>>
Sonic is genuinely a bad series at this point and only a fool would get remotely excited for a new game
>>
>>321753137
No it really doesnt. The flying and combat forms are handled fast and most of the time is pushing ahead with the speed character. Level ups were cool because it made you stay alert and gave death a real punishment since you would be gimped. You have autism if you feel compelled to 100% a game, yes, that is true. I tried the team amy and chaotix levels and decided they werent fun for me so I just stuck to replaying sonic and shadow stages and had fun that way. Why should i give a fuck if my memory card says 100% on it?
>>
>>321753676
You have autism if you enjoyed playing the game. This much is true and can not be debated. You can't tell me it's fun to slowly fly from one platform to the next. You can't tell me it's fun to collect orbs that let you kill enemies with fewer homing attacks - that's literally mashing the A button to defeat enemies, which sometimes doesn't work and fucks you over because of shitty collision detection that throws you into an endless pit by no fault of the player. You can't tell me it's fun to do the tornado spin and then watch for a solid ten seconds as they swing around a pole, taking all control from your hands. You can't tell me it's fun playing as Tails, slinging your friends repeatedly over and over at flying enemies until they die.

You just can't, unless you have autism. Completing a game is not autism, defending a horrible game that was likely from your underage childhood is far more autistic.
>>
>>321754373
Youre probably one of those kids who feels compelled to get all the trophies or achievements in a game even if you dont feel like it. Just completing virtual tasks for the sake of virtual badges. Sorry that plaforming, collecting orbs, and light combat elements---all basic staples in a platformer---trigger you and compel you to hate it. Maybe youre playing the wrong genre if dodging obstacles in bizarre worlds and racing against the clock piss you off. I was 17 when it came out and replay it often

You must have autism if you demand perfection and feel compelled to 100% everything for a virtual pat on the back. You kids starting with 360s and ps3s are something else
>>
>>321754671
>plaforming, collecting orbs, and light combat elements

The issue here is that all of those elements are pure shit in Heroes. Also, you're fucking 30 years old and you defend bad Sonic games, AND replay them often? I do not believe that for a second.

So either you really are a 30 year old mega-Sonic-fan who defends bad games, or you're truly some fag who PRETENDS to be one, just for the sake of argument. Looks to me like you just locked yourself in. This is autism stalemate, a lose-lose situation.
>>
File: toofar.jpg (25 KB, 212x276) Image search: [Google]
toofar.jpg
25 KB, 212x276
>>321752250

Since when has simply beating a game's story been considered "100%ing it and being autistic"?

Going for all the S-ranks and emblems is autistic.

Team Chaotix and Rose are gash. Your argument that "lol just don't play as them you autist" doesn't hold weight when that is literally half the fucking game and it's required just to see the end of the story.
>>
Adventure was best Sonic design
>>
https://soundcloud.com/itsamike/sonic-the-hedgehog
>>
>>321755103
Theyre really not shit. You think theyre shit because they dont meet your retarded standards. Let me guess, you play mario shit and call shovelware like 3D World perfect? A bunch of shitty blocks taped together by pipes floating in a skyworld with almost no platforming is your perfect platformer?

I replay sonic games because they're fun. Theyre rough around the edges the first time but once you get good (therein might be your problem) they are fun to replay and you learn to beat a level faster. Im a longtime sonic fan since the genesis and I dont give a fuck. Theres been shitty sonic games but heroes was not one of them. The fact that you consider it on the same level as 06 or black knight decides that its you who is ultimately autistic or just flat out retarded. It is definitely not without its problems but heroes is not pure shit like youre little autistic mind has so strongly decided on.

>>321755185
Youre probably the first person i've heard since it came out that they were heavily invested and interested in the heroes story. I just looked that shit up online because it was easier than finding tiny objects in huge stages or beating super easy levels as amy.
>>
>>321755640

>Game isn't fun to play
>"Just watch someone else play it online"

That's your defense for Sonic Heroes?

Also, youtube didn't even exist when Sonic Heroes was released
>>
>>321755640
Heroes is shit, m8. It's a bad game.

But nowhere have I ever said it was as bad as 06 or Black Knight. That's your feeble mind trying to weakly come up with counters to defend your mediocre game.

I get it man, you like Sonic. That's cool, but you don't have to pretend he's perfect. Some games are bad and some are not-so-bad (Heroes is bad).

And don't be disrespecting Mario like that. Without him you wouldn't even have Sonic. Imagine a universe where your basement-bedroom didn't have Sonic posters plastered among the walls. What would be there to fill the void? Maybe nothing. Maybe you would have committed suicide without Sonic in your life. And since Sonic was made in response to Mario, in a way it could be said that Mario saved your life. Just something to think about next time you talk shit.
>>
>>321755923
I didnt say i watched it. I said i read it or heard about it on forums. FAQs were a thing back then you know. And yes just because a part of the game sucks doesnt mean the whole product does. Next time i play heroes i'll probably slog through amys story and then youtube the chaotix missions just to see in person just how mesmerizing the story of sonic heroes is.

>>321756067
And I already said why it wasnt mediocre, but thanks for playing :)

But damn, that is some serious autism. To project your life onto my mine, swap the nintendo posters with sonic, and then say thats my life is profound autism. You go dust your amiibo shelf now after proudly making a daisy fart thread as you slap the dorito crumbs out of your beard, you champion you. Looks like calling your marios triggered a nerve
>>
>>321751126
Jesus anon have some taste
>>
File: 1450836523259.jpg (44 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1450836523259.jpg
44 KB, 800x800
>>321753620

>declaring a fatwa on SEGA
>>
>>321756308
>I'm not autistic!
>Automatically assumes people arguing with him are nintendo fanboys

GENESIS DOES amirite?
>>
>>321756308
>And I already said why it wasnt mediocre

No you didn't. You just listed aspects of the game which we already deemed as being extremely poorly handled. Actually name some fun parts of the game, that will be good for a laugh.

And being unable to understand jokes is a pretty big sign that you have autism. So is being a 30-year-old Sonic fan, for that matter.
>>
>>321756591
Its just the first thing to assume. Nintendo fans still have some beef with sega for some reason. I cant pinpoint a reason so its easier to just brush it up with autism since it fits the most traits of autism such as >>321756762

Poor little guy, probably spent all night trying to look up his peach amiibos skirt so he has new material for a peach ass thread. That would fuck with anyones brain, so your autism is forgiven
>>
>>321757204
>deflecting from the topic at hand because you know you can't defend your shitty game
>with console war shit

You aren't going to get away with that. Just admit Sonic Heroes is a mediocre game and we can let the thread die in peace. And you're way, way too old for console wars. I'm majorly disappointed in you (much like your parents probably are).
>>
>>321757204

>for some reason

The butthurt about being put down for a console at the time 3 years older than SNES still lives, it's wonderful.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WE GET CHRONO TRIGGER SUPER METROID DONKEY KONG MARIO RPG MARIO KART MARIO PICROSS MARIO IS MISSING MARIO DR MARIO PAINT MARIO WORLD WAAAAAH
>>
>>321755640
>You think theyre shit because they dont meet your retarded standards
Personally, I think a game with badly coded gameplay mechanics makes it pretty shit, go to Rail Station and switch rails about 8 times in quick succession, I can guarantee you'll be flung into a pit in one of them.
>>
Maybe because of the shit Sonic Generations caused, its retconning the timeline, so Classic Sonic must of dealt with different stuff this time.

Sega wants to reboot it, and they're probably taking thia chance.

Don't you guys agree?
>>
>>321757526
Ill admit its an above average game that has its great moments but also has its flaws, like ive been saying since the beginning. I guess autism does soil reading comprehension, so once again, i forgive you and your fried defective brain. You cant help but be an utter retard. Console wars are eternal and never going away. You probably didnt exist when everyone was shitting on the n64 when the shiny new ps1 and saturn played disc based games.

>>321757809
As I said, the butthurt is indeed eternal. Its not like either console was bad, both were good, but nintendogs have some disgusting loyalty autism with anything nintendo. In fact, theyre about the only purchasers of the piece of shit that is called the wii u. 10 million little autists left under nintendos wing. No wonder theyre going to mobile.
>>
Did people already forget Sonic CD exists?
>>
File: 1402296751743.jpg (84 KB, 508x504) Image search: [Google]
1402296751743.jpg
84 KB, 508x504
>>321758057
>an above average game
>Sonic Heroes
>above average

Are you being serious? You can't be.
Did you lie about being 30 and living in your parents' basement? If so, you totally got me.
>>
>>321758302
What exactly is the problem with Sonic Heroes other than taking "muh friends" too far and being the same 24 levels 4 times?
>>
>>321751090
hahaha

Christine is going to ballistic
>>
>>321758572
It's an unpolished game that is simply not fun, and it gets too much praise on /v/ from underage nostalgia babbies.
>>
File: 1413231865191.png (208 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1413231865191.png
208 KB, 361x691
>>321751126
>heroes
>>
File: 3D Sonic.jpg (531 KB, 2652x1144) Image search: [Google]
3D Sonic.jpg
531 KB, 2652x1144
>>
>>321758302
Theres the trait of autism i was talking about. Gets enraged when confronted with differing opinions.
>>
>>321759234
>laughing
>enraged

Unable to desicpher emotions, anon? You know that's just yet another tick in the checklist of autism symptoms.
>>
>>321759457
>laughing at the mere sight of a differing opinion

Its time to polish your helmet for your daily street crossing exercises
>>
>>321759943
>laughing at something incredulous is not okay

Back to deviantart, pal.
>>
>>321760119
The mere thought of someone having different taste in video games is enough to send your tisms flying off the handle

Im truly sorry for your parents. Now back to making an amiibo thread, on top of the peach ass, daisy fart, daily wii u shill, iwata memorial, and sending nintendo fancards.
>>
>>321760635
I'm bored, so let's summarize.
>mad that someone called his bad Sonic game bad
>refuses to properly defend it, resorts to random insults
>doesn't get a one-off joke about Mario, instead clings to it desperately trying to divert attention away from the fact that he's a Sonic fanboy
>outright admits he's a huge Sonic fan at the age of 30
>continues to dance around the subject and throw up deflections to the end of time

>>>>>>is a huge 30-year-old Sonic fan in 2015, the current year

I don't even know why I'm still here. It is undebatable, you are the Elder Lord of Autism, and Sonic Heroes is a bad game you can't even defend. Just give in already, we both know it's true.
>>
>>321761206
This is gonna be my last post because even im starting to feel your autism leak through my screen and internet. Truly a feat for Admiral Autism himself

>not mad, wondered why you called it bad
>posted your reasons, turns out they were fucking retarded as anyone could have guessed
>ive come to understand that literally everyone who hates sonic is an autist mario fanboy who rides the ign and internet gravy train of unfairly shitting on sonic
>people are fans of what they enjoyed as kids, the horror! all those parents and grandparents who enjoy music and activities from their time surely must have defects
>no dancing, you autists are just an amusing bunch and im bored on my day off

So there you have it. Sonic heroes is a good game with some bad problems but it is ultimately not enough to call the entire game or series shit over. Sorry that the biased bubble you were raised will not allow you to understand this but i know without your group/mob standing behind you yelling the same thing, your autism wouldnt be able to handle it and you would simply have a breakdown. Perhaps even a stroke or heart attack in that dusty little basement of yours as your last words typed on the screen are about defending nintendo censorship or nintendo dlc

Good bye and take care of that helmet of yours, Admiral
>>
Undertale and Sonic threads errytime are always with high dosis of autism.
I love it
>>
>>321754671
This guy is right.

>>321755103
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>321762153
This is the autism magnet zone. It attracts autist incarnations such as you.
>>
I felt so detached reading through the posts here. God, what a cesspool. I-I just want to enjoy some fun, quality platformers again, guys.

RIP:
>Good Sonic games
>Jak and Daxter
>Mario games that pushed the envelope instead of snuggling down in thirty year old blankets
>Gex
>Motherfucking Metroid

Maybe Yooka Laylee will be good.
>>
i actually liked Unleashed
>>
>>321750698
>>
File: 1419854964265.png (145 KB, 314x783) Image search: [Google]
1419854964265.png
145 KB, 314x783
>>321762793
Wow.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.