[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought the Gothic games during the Steam sale and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Gothiccover.png (127 KB, 315x400) Image search: [Google]
Gothiccover.png
127 KB, 315x400
I bought the Gothic games during the Steam sale and I'm finally getting around to playing them for the first time. Apart from some compatibility issues, which thankfully I fixed, it's been great so far. But I'm in a bit of a shitty situation.

>make it to Old Camp
>some fuckface named Bloodwyn hits me up for protection money
>tell him to fuck off
>everyone is kicking my ass now

I've gotten lynched twice, what the fuck. Did I goof, /v/?
>>
>>321739383
>everyone
Been ages since I played it, but I don't think it should be everyone and not just his gang.
Also, I think if you get the guards mad they eventually calm down on the next day or something like that.
Or if nothing else works, you can try to get your ass kicked. The guards shouldn't kill you, just knock out and take some of your ore.

Get that sweet ass mace at the bottom of the Old Mine for easier early game.
>>
>>321739705
I suppose it's not everyone but I went right from the gate, met a guy and he kicked my ass for not ponying up the dough. So I reloaded and said fuck that shit, couldn't beat him and eventually just went left. Met Grim, fell for his lies, he led me outside and him and three goons kicked my shit in. I guess I just went directly to two members of his gang.
>>
>>321739383
welcome to gothic
until you have some proper training and gear get ready to bet kicked around a lot.
>>
>>321739892
Hmm, it's a good concept. Really makes me feel like a small fish in a big pond. Like a proper noob in the game I guess.
>>
>>321739383
Talk to Diego, tell him you want to join camp. He will send you off to other shadows, so you'll do errands for them for positive vote. Regardless if you join or not, it's always little bit of XP. Generally talk to people, do errands, earn XP. Don't carry ore on you, because it will be stolen if you get your ass kicked.
level up strength to 20 and get learn 1-handed combat. Buy steel and hammer and make yourself crude sword. It's crap, but better than using rusty junk.
Now you've set up to not get your ass handed over to you by every molerat and oversized chicken in colony.

this should make your start easier
>>
>>321740610
>Buy steel and hammer and make yourself crude sword.
Also, in this game if you craft too fast, you can make some duplicate copies for free.
>>
>>321739383
You pay.
You keep away from him.
You go to the dreamers/watermages.

>such is live in prison

You a zero for now later you the hero. You can kick his ass later.
>>
>>321739383
is this series worth buying? or should I just pirate it?
>>
>>321741623
Yes.
>>
>>321742526
yes what nigger?
>>
>>321741623
I bought all three of them for like 3.99 during the sale.
>>
>>321742552
Yes.
>>
>>321742552
Yes.
>>
>>321741623
Piranha Bytes is still around and Gothic 1 & 2 are worth the 6 bucks combined.
>>
>>321742696
How about arcania, and risen?

I keep seeing them recommended with gothic.

Also neverwinter nights?
>>
File: mfw.gif (912 KB, 240x176) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
912 KB, 240x176
>>321742836
>Arcania
>>
>>321742836
I personally really like the Risen series. The first game is a fine successor to the Gothic series. Risen 2 and 3 begin to deviate from the formula and simplify the gameplay a bit but I really like 2 and think it gets more shit than it deserves. All 3 are worth a play, even simplified they're more complex than shit like Skyrim.

Arcania was one of the worst RPGs I've ever played, it's what happens when a studio who didn't work on the originals decides to make a new entry.
>>
>>321742836
Arcania is Gothic only in name. Not made by the same people.

Risen is okay, I guess. People keep buying them for some reason. I'd say try before buy.
>>
>>321743005
Haha, no, not really. They changed the title a few tiems.
>Arcania: Gothic 4
>Arcania: a Gothic tale
>Arcania
And that's how it should stay. They knew they fucked up hard.
>>
>>321743005
People keep buying them because they're fun and they do some things I've never seen in an RPG before. What don't you like about them? They're by no means perfect but they're solid 7/10 RPGs.
>>
>>321742836
ArcaniA is like Two Worlds had full development time. Mediocre on its own, dreadful as a sequel.

Two Worlds isn't actually bad, it can be pretty fun.
>>
Go to New Camp, beat the shit out of Lares and his bodyguard and acquire second best onehander in the game in act 1. Remember that after you beat the guy, you can then shoot him with bow/magic for double xp
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.