[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In 3 days, it will have been yet another calendar year with no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: broken.png (66 KB, 277x200) Image search: [Google]
broken.png
66 KB, 277x200
In 3 days, it will have been yet another calendar year with no Half-Life releases

Why can't I let it go, /v/?
>>
never ever
>>
>>321730792
Shut up and buy crates and skins like a good boy.
>>
>>321730792
This year was the year that started and I just knew there's be no news about HL3. Same goes for 2016.
Every year prior was "this is it"
>>
>>321730792
who cares? if they make it when they don't have any idea what they are going to do it will be shit.
It probably will be shit anyways. So just stop thinking about it.
>>
>When Half Life 2 came out it was magical because of the graphics, being able to move around in cutscenes, the physics based puzzles, and gimmicky shit like the gravity gun
>If a sequel finally came out it would excel at nothing and would just be another shooter.

Why even.
It would have been cool yeaaaaaars ago.
They held onto that trump card way too long and it's gotten stale by this point.
They have no incentive to do it anyway, because they make all their dosh off of skins now anyways.
If not for monetary gain it would just be a vanity project
It can't succeed as a vanity project because people will be disappointed because it can't possibly meet the expectations.
>>
It's too little too late now. It will come out and it could even be a good game, but no one will give a shit.
>>
>>321730792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC83NA5tAGE
>>
>>321730792
I wouldn't get my hopes up till after Valve launches a full title with source 2. I know dota 2 runs source 2 but i dunno how use of that for dota would translate to making an FPS. Idont know how any of that works.I feel like we'd see another Left 4 dead or something similar that uses the Source2 engine before we see a hl3.
>>
>>321731771
So much as been done with other FPS games, I cant see any room left for maindblowing innovation and stuff like that. Maybe im just too dumb to come of with a decent "it would be cool of it had"...
It would be neat to see if it's as efficient as the source engine. Efficency getsme hard and Unreal4 seems to be the man to beat in terms making things pretty at low cost.
>>
>>321731708
>because they make all their dosh off of skins now anyways.

The skin shit is just extra. The real dosh is from a percentage of every thing sold on steam. Doesn't matter who made the game, valve gets a cut.
>>
>>321731708
>being able to move around in cutscenes

That was a neat gimmick back in the day but now it's just annoying. That shit usually means I can't skip the cutscene.
>>
>>321730792
Because you, like 95% of the gaming community, cannot wrap your head around the fact that Valve stopped giving a shit about HL3 a long time ago, and so should you.
>>
>>321731708
God thats a good point. People have probably built it up in thier heads for so long that it couldnt possibly meet expectations.
So at this point if they were to release it im sure many would compare it to duke nukem, where it couldnt possibly live up to the hype of the dev cycle. Though they would have absolutely no proof the dev cucle began in 04' i KNOW it would get brought up. i know know it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.