[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any legitimately good MMORPGS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: hmm....jpg (10 KB, 196x250) Image search: [Google]
hmm....jpg
10 KB, 196x250
Are there any legitimately good MMORPGS?
>>
>>321720695
No, but there are fraudulently good MMORPGS
>>
SWGemu.
>>
>>321720880
Looks extremely dated.
>>
>>321721204
Nigga do you want a solid experience or a polished turd?
>>
>>321721672
I don't want my solid experience to be looking like a turd
>>
>>321720695
the one you play with friends
>>
>>321721953
My friends play shitty sub mmos like WoW or SWTOR.
>>
>>321721891
>graphics queen
>wants an mmo

See you in 2020.
>>
There should be a mmorpg with races like sjw, anons, redditors, etc...
>>
File: 2.jpg (123 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
123 KB, 1024x768
>>321722384
yeah, i'm totally being nitpicky on the graphics
>>
No. Mabinogi was the last fun mmo and it when down the shitter years ago.
>>
>>321722384
Do you want to fuck up shilling your dying game? Because that's how you fuck up shilling your dying game.
>>
there are good ones out there.
____ is fun if you have people to play with is true for all mmos. it is you know, the whole idea behind them. WoW is a good start. it looks ok if you like the art style. game play ranges from shit to great depending on what spec/class combo.
all the other big mmos that are out are play alot like wow or how wow used to. they just have different art styles. also are not an 11 year old game. yet still try to rip off the 11 year old one all the time.
>>
>>321720695
no, they're all "do this quest for exp", then "you did all the quests now you can grind for more exp or try to pvp"

i used to play ultima online a lot, but it's not as fun anymore.

>the world of darkness mmo will never be released because of poor devs and management
i was excited for this game but when it was cancelled i haven't felt too interested in anything
>>
>>321722649
it would appeal to le meme spammers only.
every one else would shit on it for be a meme game trying to cause drama.
>>
>>321720695
I had a lot of fun with Rift back when it released, because of the rifts and skill system.

Then I hit level cap and fucked right off because if I wanted to play WoW's endgame I'd have been playing WoW.

But yeah... dunno. I've pretty well sworn off MMOs both for eating too much time and being shit.
>>
>>321723342
i've tried wow a while ago

click enemy + hotbar spam gameplay is not my cup of tea

also i hate that i have to stand still to cast my shit
>>
File: 1417094646115.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1417094646115.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
Judging by your faggy personality, and how you seem like a total asshat to be around.

MMO's arent your game buddy.

So fuck off and play other games.
>>
>>321720695
Runescape
>>
>>321723914
yeah, fuck me for wanting competent gameplay
>>
>>321723743
yea. like i said it is an 11 year old game. try melee classes. you tend you have to play the game more. i dont mean time sunk i mean you have to move around and avoid shit while doing your rotation. if you must be range hunter can move and shoot.
>>
File: Dragon Quest X-100112.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Quest X-100112.jpg
179 KB, 1920x1080
>>321720695

Yes. The ones you can't play because they're Asia only.

But Tree of Savior is gonna be released in the west so there's hope.
>>
anybody play Dungeons and Dragons Online?
i was looking at that and it looked decent. i've been thinking about playing because of the dnd theme.
>>
>>321720695
They don't exist anon, and I say this as a completely honest answer and not trying to incite shitpost, having played a lot of them in the past and still indulging in them from time to time. You need to look elsewhere if you're planning to kill some time by playing vidya.
>>
>ITT:OP is an antisocial wanker who wants to play social games.
>>
>>321720695
PSOBB or 2

but it only sort of counts as an MMO, due to the lobby and room system
>>
File: 20111452_big_p2.jpg (618 KB, 1565x768) Image search: [Google]
20111452_big_p2.jpg
618 KB, 1565x768
Ragnarok Online

private serveer
there's one launched yesterday with 1k+ players
dawnofmidgard.com
Theme of Prontera is manually playing in your head
>>
>>321724413

Its closer to Diablo than any MMO. The creators even said Diablo was their inspiration.
>>
>>321724413
I'm fully aware of PSO and it is one of my favorite MMOs.

I can't play PSO2 no matter how hard I try, but this is the first time I'm hearing about PSOBB, I'll look into that.
>>
>>321724170
Honestly Neverwinter is better, and it is still pretty meh...
>>
What about a game that requires skill and smarts and nut having bigger numbers on your side (i.e. tab targeting combat)?
>>
>>321724842
you are not looking for a realistic mmo.
>>
>>321725278
so that pretty much confirms that there really is no good mmo
>>
runescape, final fantasy 11, maybe a bc or wrath wow server.
>>
Path of Exile
>>
>>321720695
ultima online
>>
>>321722060
Give me your friends so i have someone to TOR with
>>
>>321720695

No, and there never will be.

They've always been Skinner boxes designed to filter cash from the weak willed with the promise of false accomplishment, unable to truly fill the emptiness in your life.
>>
Tera
>>
The best MMOs aren't actually MMOs.
>>
>>321723095
Wont tree saviour be up your alley then? Its more of the same
>>
>>321720695
Are there any current MMORPGs that have many people actively running around that you can see, talk, interact, and quest with? I don't even care if its good or not I just want an MMORPG that has regular human contact again.
>>
No, but Lost Ark looks GOAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAmn4x2r-O8

There are 32 classes or so, you don't see them all here.
>>
>>321729779
So, like anything? So, winning a sports trophy is a "false accomplishment". It's the same shit, you do something, you do it well, you get a reward.

So, literally the only thing to do is get degrees and shit from University? Or, wait, no, that won't count either, as they won't be good enough...

HMMM.
>>
How did Dragon's Dogma Online turn out?
>>
>>321730523
Pretty good. But it's probably NEVER EVER tier unless DA sells super well on PC.
>>
>>321730386
>Korean
It's fucking trash

>One of the features is fully voiced NPCs
Guarantee they will not do that for the English version. Koreans are dogs who like to treat us like dogs. Fuck'em, they invented pay to win.
>>
Blade and Soul is pretty fun.

>>321729779

But that's all video games. And, pretty much all competitive accomplishment in life, really. A sports trophy is just as meaningless as some Epeen weapon in WoW. Neither has any purpose in the real world.

MMOs, at least, have some social aspect to them. Even if most of the players are antisocial, autistic, or otherwise sociopathic.

It's kind of telling that modern MMO design can barely be called 'multiplayer' most of the time because everyone solos and has as little to do with other people as possible. I think FFXI was the last game to truly buck that trend by absolutely FORCING people to do content together. And not just top end endgame content, either. If you even wanted to see level 18, and get your subjob, you better have some fucking people skills and be able to socialize with a group of strangers for hours at a time while you grind crabs.

Pretty much every MMO forces players to group up for endgame content, which, since they did all their leveling solo, can be a pretty big culture shock and is the root of most drama in games- those antisocial, awkward, and autistic people who would have never made it to endgame content in FFXI can get there in a weekend of solo grinding in most other games. And then all hell breaks loose.

It's pretty indicative of the state of MMO players that I see more drama in an 8 man FFXIV raid group than I saw in most 40 man raid groups in WoW back in the day.
>>
>>321730769
>fucking trash
>entire trailer is gameplay

Okay.

if they don't do voiced NPC's, so what?

But you're right, it could be P2W garbage, but I have hope. It's due in the West in 2017.
>>
>>321730652
oh.

thanks capcom
>>
>>321730832
>Lv.18

Nah mate. Lv.10 in Desert.

>mfw FF11 was bought by a bf of my sisters who turned into a stalker
>he got it from USA when it wasn't out in Bongistan
>I played it and got to Lv.60PAL/30WAR in full Artifact + Glut Sword
>I couldn't kill Ramuh despite getting Carbuncles Mittens at Lv.60 and having a Lv.20 SMN

That's going to haunt me. The "once per 24" was bullshit.

I also met a, apparently, girl on there from Austria. One day, just met her on the boat. She lent me Lu Shangs Fishing Rod. I could have warped out and sold it for 50m gil. But I didn't. It broke (I did catch something with it despite shit fishing skill) and she even let me mend it.

She healed me, helped me, she was super depressed when I was forced to quit (exams, parents, stalker and my sister being a nutjob not wanting anything assosicated with him). Had I got Ramuh, me and this mate would have cleared and got a record on HNM.

I gambled off all my gear, then gave away my gil. Oh and a gold farmer gave me HQ gear of every crafting equip. I hope it got back to him.

The girl gave me her email address but I can't remember it.

Her name was Cosma in game and I think it was in her email. This was like 12 years ago... I want to speak to her (or him) again...
>>
Only PSO2

But its not really an mmo, more of an online rpg with mmo elements and is centered around scheduled events. Its the go to f2p game if youre a neet
>>
>>321731316
>every time FF11 is b rought up I mention Cosma
>hope against hope she'll/he'll be here and remember me
>hope against hope that somebody on /v/ will help me find her/him

Suffering...
>>
FFXIV is legitimately great, if you're more of a casual fan. If you're more of a hardcore type it probably won't be for you, though.
>>
how garbage is elder scrolls online if anyone knows, looks alright to me
>>
>>321731759
>>321731316

dont worry anon

it was actually a dude
>>
>>321724165
ToS is kinda mediocre in its current state. Maybe it'll get better later but it has all the grinding of a sandbox MMO with none of the associated freedom and horizontal progression.
>>
>>321731316
>austrian girl liking mmos
Right in the feels.
>>
>>321720695
>>321722384
>>321724842

Vindictus
>>
>>321733582
I still want to talk to them....
>>
>>321720695
>>321734376
VINDICTUS
DRAGON NEST
ELSWORD

ALL GUD MMOS
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.