[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a more cancerous fan base that dealt a bigger death blow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (661 KB, 4096x2160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
661 KB, 4096x2160
Name a more cancerous fan base that dealt a bigger death blow to the way games are made now then destiny. One that the fan base litterally told corporate "its ok, just fuck my asshole dry with everything you got, and when i get better ill be back and you can just fuck me again".

Tell me bros.
>>
File: 1449791963137.png (247 KB, 490x470) Image search: [Google]
1449791963137.png
247 KB, 490x470
>>321715183
>Destiny
>playerbase
>>
>>321715183
KTfags who buy the same musou every 3 months, are okay with $600 of DOA DLC, and buy shitty ports that are sometimes incomplete.
>>
>>321715325
I hear ya. But im talking about the message this community sent. Was there ever one that was worse in their indifference to the shit product and management of it, they recieved? Most recent example being them embracing micro transactions. I know, its always something with the faggot game, im just trying to get an idea of whos the big fan bases that are spoiling games
>>
Bethesda
>>
>>321715971
FFXIV fanbase pays $12-15 a month for no content and defends it
>>
Undertale
>>
>>321716249
I only pay $15 once every couple of months.
It's fun
>>
File: man i don't fucking know.jpg (18 KB, 210x185) Image search: [Google]
man i don't fucking know.jpg
18 KB, 210x185
Xenobladefags rolling over for that censorship was pretty shitty.
>>
>>321715183
>Destiny
>playerbase
Okay?
>>
I don't get the hub-bub about Destiny. Didn't the latest expansion fix a lot of the game?
>>
>>321716003
this
Bethesda makes literal shovelware, often shipped with ridiculous gamebreaking bugs and people suck their dicks for it because people are psychotic enough to fix bugs and add new features for free
Every single person who has helped work on a TES/Fallout game laughed all the way to the bank
>>
>>321715183
Dunno if /v/ can be called fanbase, but it's pretty much fills all your criteria.
>>
>>321716326
As much as people harp on it, it's not nearly as destructive as what Destiny's retarded fanboys have been telling corporate executives

I'd rather take shitty fanart and cancerous memes over more DLC cut from the main game
>>
What about destiny is so different from other games? Just because its the most popular?
I think MOBAs and mobile games have had a bigger impact on fucking over the industry. Why do all games lately have fucking "heroes"?
Like seriously, why does fucking Rainbow Six have heroes that I NEED TO GRIND FOR.
>>
>>321716827
Moba elements being integrated into other games. To encourage jewry, or some such shit.
>>
I'm not sure the issue you have with Destiny. Yes, anyone asinine enough to actually pay for the level packs does not deserve their $40. But everything else in the cash shop is cosmetic. Emotes. That's it. Maybe that fucking SRL record book, but again, if you are wasting money on shit you don't need, why is it a bad thing for the company to offer that? Valve literally does the exact same thing with TF2 and hats, and nobody bats an eyelash.

I may be biased, since I do play Destiny. Destiny is a mediocre game that could have been phenomenal. It's shit, but not because of the cash shop, it's shit because of a number of other things.

It has really cool lore. Problem is, it's all on the bungie website and never explained in game. Which, I like the idea of finding MORE lore on the website, but having SOMETHING in game to work with would be nice. "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" was a garbage line. And Nolan North as a Ghost has been pissing me off lately, maybe it's that I remember Dinklage as the Ghost and that was a deadpan character done right. North just sounds like a pussy.

I don't know what point I'm ultimately trying to make here. Pretty much that OP is a faggot.
>>
>>321716529
It kind of fixed the content problems and some of the grind, but subsequent patches also increased the grind for no reason (e.g. decreasing the number of resources from discarding equipment by half). Then they introduced microtransactions and promised they would be "cosmetics only" but that promise was soon forgotten and broken.
>>
>>321715183
PS4 player base? there are basically no games 3 subscription services, multiple PSN hackings and an over priced rental service.

and yet the xbox is worse because at one point they were openly bragged about being an nsa bot when sony does it in secret and muslims across europe use them for terrorist communications.
>>
>>321717285
>(e.g. decreasing the number of resources from discarding equipment by half)
eh, considering the kind of grind you do for better weapons (and the resulting discarded weapons), it's not unreasonable
>>
>>321716003
mods
>>
>>321717424
>muslims across europe use them for terrorist communications
that was completely made up, stop perpetuating falsehoods
>>
>>321717006
Cash shop was merely an example of the laundry list of shit the fanbase deemed acceptable. Op not arguing the game though, merely just what they told corprate was ok with their wallet.
>>
>>321717424
The france bomers used their PS4s to communicate so it's blatantly obvious that sony ISN'T watching anything
>>
>>321716362
How? Im on ps4 and want to get into it
>>
>>321720048
How? I sub on the mogstation, then unsub immediately afterwards, play for a month, then wait for content, and repeat the process again in a couple of months.
>>
>>321715325
I like this meme
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.