[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished pic related and I love it. Should I buy the Joyful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: 134124145.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
134124145.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
Just finished pic related and I love it. Should I buy the Joyful dlc? I've heard some anons say that it ruins the story or something like that.
>>
Joyful is thoroughly unnecessary, but I wouldn't say it ruins the story
>>
File: 2pure.png (111 KB, 500x633) Image search: [Google]
2pure.png
111 KB, 500x633
Play it if you want the rest of the story
DON'T if you want more sweet RPG gameness
>>
>>321704469
If it still has the same kind of humor as the main game I could live with a different combat system.
>>
>>321704332
Yeah, I felt that the game ended in a good spot, it didn't really need to be continued.
>>
>>321704164
BRAD DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>321704693
There isn't as much humor in the Joyful. It's a much more grim affair. Still has its moments.
>>
>>321704469
>Acting like LISA's combat was anything special

Come on dude, it's an RPG Maker game. Also the battle with Big Lincoln in The Joyful is the best battle in both of the games.
>>
>>321704834
He did what he felt he had to do, but he didn't take into consideration how Buddy felt about the whole thing. He didn't even ask her about how she felt about the situation before killing everyone.
>>
>Lisa the Joyful is bad

Fuck.. Reading about LISA got me wondering if it was good so i went to look for it.

Could only find The Joyful on torrents, but the first game (the one you guys love so much) doesn't show up on any of my public trackers.

Should i still give Lisa the Joyful a go?
>>
>>321705402
I enjoyed the combo system and the animations the moves had and all, but it's not a make it or break it kind of thing.
>>
>>321705978
Do you have a Steam account? I'd be happy to gift you a copy, it's only about 3 dollars.
>>
>>321705417
I felt that either there was a deeper meaning to what Brad was doing that we weren't told as players (unreliable narrator trope) or that she was just an ungrateful bitch about it.
>>
>>321706175
Brad's hallucinations make it difficult to tell what's actually happening by the end.
>>
>>321706175
Yeah, there definitely seems like there's something more that pushed Brad to do what he did.
>>
>>321706174
I'd love it man.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bartroll1

I just recently started really using steam, so pay no mind to the few hours of gameplay

I usually pirate because i've been dirtpoor thse last couple years
>>
>>321705978

It's not bad; it's just kind of a let down considering most people were expecting Painful 2 and got Buddy's Edgy Adventure instead. It definitely has its moments.
>>
File: lamejoke.jpg (61 KB, 400x440) Image search: [Google]
lamejoke.jpg
61 KB, 400x440
>>321706832
So, it takes itself less seriously?
Is that why people don't like it as much?
>>
>>321707115
I didn't like it as much because there were less characters, practically no party members, I didn't "get" that there was a combo/timing system in the beginning, and it starts a bit slow. The second half was better for me, but never was as "good" as Painful. Still enjoyed it and don't regret playing.
>>
>>321707115

It's still offbeat here and there, but Buddy kinda ruins it by being a huge cunt. There's no party members outside of Rando at the beginning, meaning that most battles devolve into scarfing down as much Joy as you can.
>>
>>321707115
Joyful takes itself too seriously.
>>
>just got the game
I've played like 4 hours of LISA and now i sold some csgo shit for free steam money and bought the DLC. really cool game
>>
I got it a few days ago. I really like the story so far.

I feel like a lot of the choices I'm making like when I hit Rick over and over with the spiked club are just the wrong choices. But I don't know which are good or not.

Also, I just walked into this cave and was threatened to get my arm cut off for the life of Mad Dog. I said I didn't care about him because I felt like if I said I'd fight him, I'd just die. And I feel like getting my arm chopped off would be equally bad. Damn man. I just don't know.

Also, I think the humor is great in this game.
>>
>>321706745
Sent ;)
>>
>>321707115
Shorter/rushed game
Worse dialouge
No party members/less variation
Unlikeable protag

What you do get:
More story/closure
More feels
Handful of good bosses
More siq w2d music

Totally worth it imo
>>
File: Thanks OP.jpg (28 KB, 526x265) Image search: [Google]
Thanks OP.jpg
28 KB, 526x265
>>321707440
> The second half was better for me
Its a slow burner then. I can deal with that.

>>321707472
> scarfing down as much Joy as you can
I have no idea what you're talking about but it sounds hilarious.

>>321707478
Oh, that can be a problem.

ALSO,
Thanks OP for hooking up a poorfag with the original one.
I will fire it up later tonight.
>>
>>321707664
That sense of not knowing the weight of your descisions and actions are what this game so good.

Are you playing on painful or normal?
>>
>>321707664
Yeah, the game has you make a lot of tough choices. I love how the game has so many little surprises that just come out of nowhere. One of my favorites is the bush that runs toward you with a knife.
>>
>>321708023
I went with Normal.

I kind of wish I went with Painful. Does it do anything differently? I actually do find the game a bit of challenge on normal.

Also, there are some points where I run into an enemy and they can just 1 shot me. I feel like I shouldn't be grinding in this game? Is there anywhere to even grind at all?

I actually force quit the game when Mad Dog got killed, I actually like him in my party, he has good damage. I might choose the "fight him" option next to see what happens.
>>
>>321707774
X-----D
Press accept
>>
>>321708302
Whatchu talkin' about, he did send it.
I posted proof and everything.

>>321708251
Oh shit, spoilers!
>>
>>321708251
I wouldn't recommend painful for your first play through. The biggest difference is that you can only use each save point once, which makes it very difficult to use them properly if you don't know what's going to happen. Other than that there's a few new enemies/mini-bosses thrown in and it has a different ending.
>>
>>321704970
a lot of people hate this but it's a shorter dlc and putting in a ton of jokes could detract from the message.

easy mode was by far one of the best things out of the entire game as a whole.
>>
>>321708251
Painmode has little differences to the game. Some more enemies to fight. Gameplay wise the most striking one is save crows are one time use.

You can grind on stuff like snakes and mysterious figures but i wouldn't.

When you reach the wrestling arena you can grind your party well and indefintly on the team battles (third option) so long as you dont beat the solo league (first option). However this is towards the end of the game.
>>
let's get this shit started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg6SCZjI48U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF1oUKeFEMM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e_c6khqOow
>>
File: 1440482650828.gif (330 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
1440482650828.gif
330 KB, 250x227
It gives some closure but that's it
>>
>>321708251
honestly painful isn't really worth the trouble. the hardest thing about it is exploding savepoints, meaning you need to ration the crows you come across.

what you get out of it at the end of the game is an extra scene between brad and rando, where rando tells brad that buzzo came and cut off his face. brad abandons rando afterwards in a panic.
>>
>>321709331
This game has some great music, but this has to be my facorite. Most chill track i've heard in a while. Everything about Garbage island was really comfy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WkGfCGBaGI
>>
> The Nobody is a failure

fuuuuckkkkkkkkkkk
>>
>>321704164
It's not necessary but it doesn't ruin it. It gives some closure if you didn't pay attention 100% to all the little things in the game.

I enjoyed it, so it was worth it for me.
>>
Play Lisa the First
>>
File: maxresdefault.png (204 KB, 963x543) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.png
204 KB, 963x543
>>321712527

That's a recommendation I only ever see here. At most other places, especially SA, LISA the First is regarded as an "edgy, tryhard" Yume Nikki-like that has only the bare minimum of gameplay and subtlety, and fails as both a game and a story.
>>
>>321713075
Compare it to almost any other Yume Nikki fangame and it is very original.
I only like it because I played it before the Painful was a thing, I doubt people would be saying that about it if it was still as obscure as it was back then.
>>
>>321709760
I said the same thing about that song in the thread yesterday after no one had mentioned it in like 100 posts. Are you me?
>>
>>321709496
Kinda ruined some things for me. I didn't like how Buzzo absolved Brad of all responsability.
>>
>>321704332
I'm sorry, but I thoroughly disagree. I feel like the Joyful, while not exciting in terms of gameplay, is a great addition to the overall story.
>>
>>321713558
It might be because it's such a hidden place. You wouldn't even know it's there if you didn't look on the wiki or jump into every body of water until you found it.
>>
>>321713258

You convinced me to download The First and give it a shot, at the very least. Once the download actually completes, it'll be one less thing on my backlog.

You're right, a lot of newer viewers inevitably compare it to its more popular successor, and that's definitely tainting some perceptions.

>>321713558

Garbage Day's definitely one of the better tracks on the soundtrack, and although it's good chill music the bizarre nature of stuff like Horse Shit and Super Working Stiff stick out in my mind a little more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I-5mCMmGlo
>>
>>321704164
The Joyful as a game is pretty boring but it wraps up the story perfectly, all it does is tie up the character-related loose ends that don't get answered in lisa the first and lisa the painful without spoiling the mystery behind the setting.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.