[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4 sold 12 million copies and over $750 million in its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: witcher 3 fallout 4 clean.png (116 KB, 676x600) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3 fallout 4 clean.png
116 KB, 676x600
Fallout 4 sold 12 million copies and over $750 million in its first 2 days. While being the lowest reviewed Bethesda game, its by far the best selling.

How does this make you feel about the industry?
>>
That marketing is more important than making a good game. You know, what the last 5 years of Gen 7 was about.
>>
>>321694336
Bethesda decided to make a post apocalytpic Call of Duty in an open world and were financially rewarded for it.
>>
>market the shit out of your game
>have a hype campaign that releases the game the same year it's announced
>use marketing buzzwords and add building in your game
>use the same assets from older games to save mony
>appeal to the lowest common denominator

glad I pirated this piece of shit
>>
If you spend unlimited money on marketing, you sell

See: Splatoon
>>
>>321694336
Marketing sells meme games, not the quality of the game.

Fallout 4 is a meme game.
>>
The hype of its predecessors sold it, it will hurt the sales of the next game, regardless of quality.

A wide margin of the people who bought Fallout 4 were essentially buying the next "bethesda" game.

Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, its all the same shit with a different coat of paint. If you invest any amount of time in the games its the same chessboard with different pieces.
>>
>>321694336
The only reason it was highest seller was the hype and the fact it was a fallout game. The fact that it was the lowest rated game is good. It shows that people realized it was a shitty game and hopeful Bethesda will learn we won't take their awful shit anymore. New Vegas 2 please!!
>>
>>321694336
A high quality of a game doesn't determine the amount of fun you have from that game and the audience it attracts.

Witcher 3 was the best quality game released this year, yes. But not neccesarily fun to play for everyone.

I spent 400 hrs on Witcher 3 and 200 hrs yet on Fallout 4, I can clearly feel that I am having more fun in Fallout 4.

But as for which one was overall more high-quality, clearly Witcher 3, it had better graphics, story, soundtrack, side-quests and detail to everything.
>>
>>321694336
it shipped 12 million
>>
>>321694336
>Shipping = sold

okay OP
>>
Catering to existing fanboys is not needed.
>>
>>321694336

Marketing just works.
>>
Feels pretty good that reviews don't matter that much.
>>
it's bethesda - people were preordering that shit as soon as it launched. Fanboys were going to buy it based soley on the fact that it had "Fallou" in the title
>>
>>321696720
This desu senpai
>>
File: dialogue.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dialogue.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1080
>>321694336
Marketing. It just works.
>>
>>321699375

There isn't even the illusion of choice anymore.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.