[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ hate Nintendo now?l
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15
File: 1436227402537.jpg (42 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1436227402537.jpg
42 KB, 500x300
Why does /v/ hate Nintendo now?l
>>
>now
>>
Yes, let's feed the persecution complex some more today, shall we.
>>
>>321680489
>NoA
>Casual Shit
>Their E3 this year
>amiibo
>>
>>321680489
It's just a vocal minority
/v/ is mostly full of pc gamers who also likes nintendo
>>
File: DarkSoulsWiiUEdition.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsWiiUEdition.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>321680489
Nobody hates them. Nobody talks about them because there's nothing to talk about. There isn't even anything to shitpost about.
>>
>>321680489
Cause fuck the Wii U
>>
They only make games for children and middle aged women. Their current console is based around a stupid controller.
>>
>censoring
>region locking
>autist fanbase will eat up their shit so they never try to make better games
>>
>>321680489
FYI She's an assist trophy
>>
>>321680489
/v/ hates just about anything
>>
>>321680489
Nintendo isn't /v/ideogames, it never has been, since the NES they have been marketing their toy as such

I think nintendo should be pushed into /toy/ or have a separate board so you fanboys will stop shitting up /v/
>>
Vocal minority of console fanboys of the competition that are mad they've gotten one worthwhile game the last 2 years while Nintendo continues to push out games.
>>
File: 1450919699681.jpg (37 KB, 417x426) Image search: [Google]
1450919699681.jpg
37 KB, 417x426
A VERY loud vocal minority does

Why do think they think they can get away with saying PC gaming is dead and bigoted?

Yeah, those people.
The fucking loonies.
>>
>>321680986
Why is this game getting so much shit? I'm seeing people bash this game harder than Afro Samurai 2. Did one of the devs sleep with a whole bunch of reviewers' mothers?
>>
File: nsmb2boxart.jpg (138 KB, 600x534) Image search: [Google]
nsmb2boxart.jpg
138 KB, 600x534
Uninspired pieces of shit like NSMB2. Rehashed setting, rehashed layout, rehashed themes(desert/ice/water/etc), rehashed music, rehashed final boss music, rehashed final boss with giant Bowser swatting platforms...and to top things off we get the shit tier koopalings. "Hey. We know you guys didn't appreciate the 14 rounds of projectile flinging and shell spinning in the last console adventure. Well, fuck you. You get another 7 rounds of projectile flinging and shell spinning. To add to this, we're giving you another 7 rounds of projectile flinging and shell spinning in the next console entry that's coming out a couple of months later!*squeals*So embrace the suck and suck the shit." NSMB2 seems to symbolize Nintendo's slow spiraling downfall.
>>
File: 1450713802537.jpg (20 KB, 479x501) Image search: [Google]
1450713802537.jpg
20 KB, 479x501
>>321683836
That was whole bunch of text I didn't read.

Did you have something to say about nsmb2?
Nigga that was like 3 years ago.
>>
Because most of the fans are weeaboos.
>>
>>321680489
There's no reason to play any of their games anymore besides DKC, the only series that has never been bad or piss easy or uninteresting.
>>
>>321680701
/thread
Nintendo's got a lot of bad PR and beef for their business practices concerning Amiibo especially.
>>
File: v.png (1 MB, 2422x850) Image search: [Google]
v.png
1 MB, 2422x850
>>321680489
>/v/ is one person
>nintenyearolds playing the victim again
>>
>>321683989
I specifically chose this game because this is where it seems Nintendo began to slowly become irrelevant. I could've chosen recent gems like Mario Party 10 and Ultra Smash.
>>
>>321680771
>>321683579
>>321683743
>vocal minority meme
No, it only got this way because nintendo refuses to actually get it's shit together and off themselves, every year they find a new way to undermine the efforts of the entire industry and hold back videogames as a whole with shitty plastic DLC, consoles that rely on fucked up gimmicks that never work, and general lacklustre titles that makes even phone shlock look good, and now they are gearing up to ruin it even further with the NX, forcing out 30 million units to a market thats more abused than the ouya scam
>>
>>321684659
>no vocal minority
>proceeds to be very vocal
>>
>>321684659
Yeah because other companies do worthwhile DLC, make their consoles worth every bit of money, do regular exclusives and don't hold limitations on them.
It's just Nintendo not the whole of consoles in general, of course not that's crazy talk.
>>
>>321683836
>splatoon
>Mario Maker
>>
Because Nintendo hates us now.
>>
>>321685889
>babies first shooter
>rehash the 'game'
they couldn't even be asked to finish those before they shat them out, locking content on disc and releasing them as "updates" and lying to the people they fooled into buying that garbage
>>
File: 1449079353623.png (442 KB, 791x722) Image search: [Google]
1449079353623.png
442 KB, 791x722
>>321686275
>babies first shooter
You didn't even try to shitpost right
>>
>>321680701
NoA especifically, they literally destroyed my faith on the company.
>>
Because most of /v/ is now actually +18 years.
>>
File: 1397145729985.png (255 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
1397145729985.png
255 KB, 354x367
>>321680489

As it stands right now, what reason is there to like Nintendo other than putting cool characters into smash?
>>
I still like Nintendo but my problems with it are

>Needs better marketing
>Amiibo Smash is the only one which did right and that's all its good for
>NOA's unnecessary censorship
>Not enough 3rd Party products
>Not giving attention to some of their IPS like Metroid and F-Zero
>>
>>321683825
If the webm is anything to go by it's broken as shit
>>
>>321686742
Actually it's the very opposite
Didn't Christmas teach you that?
>>
File: 1448578419531.jpg (14 KB, 242x251) Image search: [Google]
1448578419531.jpg
14 KB, 242x251
>>321687069
From someone who loves Nintendo this man is 100% correct
>>
>>321687069
THEY DON'T LISTEN TO THE FANS, they have a huge problem and they actually believe that every game can and must be played by every family member, they don't know/understand who the hell buy their consoles.
>>
>>321687352
Oh this too though Hopefully their Yakuza President will fix that
>>
>>321687352
>One of the voice actors in XenoBlade said it's a game children could play in front of their parents without getting uncomfortable
I think she meant AMERICAN parents because only they would care that much about lewd costumes but not mature themes
>>
>>321683989
are you stupid? everything terrible with nintendo is embodied in nsmb2 and is applicable to every new release since then
>>
their console cost about as much as a ps4 and xbone with no kinect and all it had to show for it was a gimmick and 6 games tops that you would rather play with their 360 controller than the gimmick. now its being made obsolete.

Oh and any consumer/gamer/adult/person with any reasonable amount of intelligence will tell you that amiibo is like a worse version of skylanders. as a fan of good games its so sad to see that this is what nintendo has had to resort to. I want them to go 3rd party so bad. I dont care what platform it is, Im no brand loyalty nigger, nintendo just needs to be able to make video games again. the madly successful wii wasnt able to host as many games as the gamecube, and the flop that is the wii u wasnt even as good as the wii. they need a way to just make and sell games, man.
>>
>>321683989
If it took you a shorter amount of time to look up a suitable reaction image and type this flippant non-response than it would have to read that paragraph, you are probably borderline illiterate.
>>
because Youtubers hate Nintendo and /v/ watches gaming youtubers all day.
>>
File: 1448266989874.jpg (55 KB, 612x563) Image search: [Google]
1448266989874.jpg
55 KB, 612x563
>>321688513
>Not having a reaction image for every eventuality
>Even the TL;DR bait ones

ISHYGDADT
>>
>>321680489
>Underpowered, gimmicky hardware
>Poor online support for multiplayer
>Digital titles tied to consoles, not online accounts
>Censors games brought to other countries
>Casualizes, butchers, and ruins their own franchises (Skyward Sword, Other M, Sticker Star, amiibo Festival, Wooly World, New Super Mario Bros., Star Fox Zero, Tr4sh, especially fucking Tr4sh)
>amiibos essentially being physical DLC kid's meal toys
>Selling just as much DLC as other companies but never gets as much criticism because "it's okay when Nintendo does it"
>No modern features such as streaming, recording video, etc.
>Anti-consumer YouTube policy
>Still selling their shit for $60

Nintendo is THE CENTRAL cancer of the industry. They are far more greedier than EA, Activision, Ubisoft, and Konami combined to the power of infinity. They ruined games by bringing casualization to the forefront of the seventh generation, thus making Sony and Microsoft fund for shit like PS Move and Kinect, which could've been used to make better games for actual gamers. They have not only soiled their franchises, but they've soiled the industry and are a disease.
>>
File: 1444942166668.png (96 KB, 482x395) Image search: [Google]
1444942166668.png
96 KB, 482x395
>>321689693
You gave it a shot
>>
File: 1436397846045.gif (2 MB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
1436397846045.gif
2 MB, 500x285
>>321689693
don't forget putting a gun to developers heads and stealing games from other platforms that deserved them more and literally doom those studios
>>
>>321690324
Are people still analpained about Bayonetta?
>>
>>321689921
Literally everything I said was 100% fact. Their newer games are not reviewed well, either by critics or by consumers or both. Their online system is a joke compared to Sony's and Microsoft's since they have more features than Nintendo's. Their YouTube policy has garnered a ton of criticism for being anti-consumer and greedy, since you either A) get no money for it or B) get 60% for the video. And no self-respecting adult would want to spend $15 on a toy to get all the content in their games that, ten years ago, would've been an unlock or a secret you had to earn in-game.

Nintendo is not playing catch-up. They gave up in 2006, and they're paying for it now. Divine justice. Maybe they'll be back to what they used to be in the fifth and sixth generations, catalysts for innovative and fun titles. But now, they're no different from these other greedy corporations, and even more so due to limited hardware and terrible practices that no other company does.
>>
>>321690324
>"stealing" games no one wanted on their system
>putting it on one and in a game where it'll get more exposure than ever
Stay salty anon.
>>
>>321680489
>HATE NINTENDO
ALMOST EVERY FUCKING THREAD IS NINTENDO RELATED SHIT
STOP WITH THIS PERSECUTION COMPLEX FFS
NINTENDO GAF IS FUCKING REAL.
>>
File: 1396593995750.jpg (64 KB, 1024x661) Image search: [Google]
1396593995750.jpg
64 KB, 1024x661
>>321680489
I don't hate Nintendo, I just hate the bonehead decisions they've been making since 2001.
>>
File: super-mario-maker-main.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
super-mario-maker-main.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
>>321687069
>Amiibo Smash is the only one which did right and that's all its good for
>>
Lots of underage consolefags on /v/ who suck the cocks of MS and Sony.
>>
>>321690324
>2015
>STILL salty over Bayo 2
>>
>>321689693
>>Underpowered, gimmicky hardware
Every console is underpowered anon. Just because someone throws a "MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE" in the advert doesn't mean it's actually powerful.
>>Poor online support for multiplayer
I won't argue with that but with that being said this is another case of no one having good online services especially given that two of the three you have to pay for mediocrity. If you're going to complain about that you better be a PC player.
>>Digital titles tied to consoles, not online accounts
Hasn't been true since they added accounts, however, you do have to call them up to allow a transfer of titles.
>>Censors games brought to other countries
This is another issue with everyone. Nothing more needs to be said here really.
>>Casualizes, butchers, and ruins their own franchises (Skyward Sword, Other M, Sticker Star, amiibo Festival, Wooly World, New Super Mario Bros., Star Fox Zero, Tr4sh, especially fucking Tr4sh)
Several of these being spin-offs or better than the originals Sticker Star excluded or not released yet. Also you can't judge difficulty on games you haven't played and that goes for both the previous entries and the new entries.
>>amiibos essentially being physical DLC kid's meal toys
In all honesty it's the best-worst way to do DLC seeing as it's essentially a season pass for multiple games that costs less than a real season pass with a figure addition to boot.
>>Selling just as much DLC as other companies but never gets as much criticism because "it's okay when Nintendo does it"
Doesn't happen. People give them a ton of shit for it especially when it comes to Smash, however games like Splatoon and Mario Maker have free, content adding updates which are constantly shat on ironically "because it's nintendo".
>>No modern features such as streaming, recording video, etc.
Features that aren't necessary in a video game system? I don't even think the Xbone has that.
>>
>>321690584
Can we at least keep shit in scope here? Since what you ar essentially talking about is 2 fucking tech giants going up against a video game company. Thinl about for a moment and no i also no saying thattour points are invaild.

Microsoft and Sony both have various tech divisions which help out their games one. Nintendo does not and tjey only for them to do so would be to outsurce such a project which they recently have done.

You complaint ,while still valid since they are both in same market hopeing for your dollar, when boiled down to its simplest is: Why are those with more able to do more than those with less?

Nintendo is primarily a video game company selling toys and shit to other whilethe other 2 are tech giants who evntually decided to set divisions to do the same while the rest of the company does a plethora of other shit at the same time.

Like it still boggles my mind that people cant seem to fathom fucking why Nintendo's online is so trash whwn compared to the rest.
>>
>>321691803
>>Anti-consumer YouTube policy
It's not really anti consumer when the people buying it have no intention of playing their games. Just look at Mario Maker, the only reason it's gotten so much attention is because they caved in to lets players and handed out free copies before release meanwhile Splatoon, their most advertised game of this year, has gotten nothing from the youtubers and streamers.
>>Still selling their shit for $60
Yeah, who wants to make a profit? At the very least there are very few easily encounterable bugs like most of the AAA games produced these days. If anything they're the ones that should be priced lower due to the lower overall quality. But I digress, a lot of the games they release bar few the large releases haven't been $60.
>>
I have nothing to gain by lying, and I have no biases, so this post is the truth. Ignore all the other posts in the thread, this is the only real post worth reading.

This is the truth about Nintendo, and how /v/ feels about Nintendo. First and foremost, there are different people on /v/, so there aren't necessarily any contradictions, and there isn't necessarily some sort of "shift" in peoples' opinions. However, there are 2 distinguishable types of Nintendo fans; Old Nintendo fans, and Neo-Nintendo fans. Neo-Nintendo fans are all the people who blindly defend everything Nintendo does, and they don't acknowledge the fact that Nintendo got worse with time - Probably because they're too young to have anything to compare it to.

Old Nintendo fans, or classic Nintendo fans, or whatever you want to call them, are the people who were with Nintendo from the beginning. The core Nintendo audience. These people don't always just blindly accept and love everything Nintendo does. They don't see something like Metroid: Federation Force and squeal with glee, knowing they will get to go on the internet and defend something clearly so shitty. They don't feel the need to make excuses for shit like that. These are people who know what makes a good game because they have played so many great games, and they would probably agree that Nintendo's quality in games went downhill with time, as they became easier, simpler, more linear, etc.

Now, as for how /v/ feels about Nintendo, /v/ loves Nintendo. Nintendo fans and PC gamers are the definitive members of /v/. To say otherwise is because you have a persecution complex; you want to feel like you're the poor little Nintendo fan oppressed by all the big bad Sony fans. It's simply not true. Leave that persecution complex bullshit to the SJWs, feminists, and Sony fans. Take pride and know that this board belongs to you. You are not the minority, /v/ is your board if you're a Nintendo fan. You own this fucking place.
>>
File: 1424177278189.gif (549 KB, 720x534) Image search: [Google]
1424177278189.gif
549 KB, 720x534
>>321693284
>defending nintendo
guess not everyone can have good taste
>>
>>321693729
>post attacks Nintendo several times
>didn't defend Nintendo at any point in the post
>"defending Nintendo"
>>
>>321693841
You really couldn't tell he was shitposting? He even posted an anime reaction image.
>>
>>321680489

Amiibos on disc DLC
>>
NOA is the worst and there is no way to defend them.
>>
>>321680489
Worst fanbase.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.