[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: GF_THUMB-1417894803540.jpg (280 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GF_THUMB-1417894803540.jpg
280 KB, 1280x720
What does /v/ think of this game?
>>
>>321679730
Hard but good.

Pretty sure its financial failure caused Lucas Arts to stop making adventure games.
>>
File: 1450801396578.jpg (11 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1450801396578.jpg
11 KB, 100x100
>>321679946
>hard
The only hard part it's the giant cats part.
>>
great game
>>
How long is the game? 10 hours? 20?
>>
>>321681156
Depends on if you get stuck on any puzzles or not. 10 hours is probably the minimum though, assuming you breeze through it with a walkthrough.
>>
>>321679730
LE 3.3 MEME DON'T GIVE MONEY TO THAT HACK
>>
>>321680141
My favourite part is when you use the pick up command on the giant kitty litter.
>>
>>321683034
I can't believe he actually made the goal for Psychonauts 2 3.3 million
He's such a fucking prick.
>>
>>321679730
It's a point-and-click adventure game, so it's got some good writing but the act of playing it makes me want to die.
>>
>>321683034
>>321683320
>/v/ hates Tim Shafer

What did I miss?
>>
>>321683421
You don't have to play it point-and-click style. It has manual keyboard movement too.
>>
>>321683435
>What did I miss?
Where have you been for the last few years?
>>
>>321679730
I heard that the remaster's garbage, it basically did absolutely nothing, other then make the game easier to run on modern systems. It should have been called a rerelease or something, but not 'remaster'.

The game itself is fantastic.
>>
>>321683435
>What did I miss?
the last 4 years I guess
>>
>>321683435
A few kickstarters
>>
>>321683435
the past 2 or 3 years?

All the fucking kickstarter nonsense surrounding Broken Age. The fact that they had to go back to the well for more crowdfunding like 2 or 3 times, after splitting the game into 2 parts so they could start making money off the first half.

Also, the shit that went down with Spacebase DF-9, where it was released on early access and then promptly abandoned in an unfinished state.

He also came out as very anti-GG back when that was a relevant thing, if it matters to you.
>>
>>321683435
/v/ likes pre-2009 Tim Schafer.
With BrĂ¼tal Legend he kinda showed that he can't handle doing games with bigger budgets.
>>
>>321683751
>Broken Age. The fact that they had to go back to the well for more crowdfunding like 2 or 3 times, after splitting the game into 2 parts so they could start making money off the first half.

Except that didn't happen, so you're confirmed for parroting memes you've read elsewhere.
>>
>>321679730
Didn't play the original, didn't expect the writing to be this good (I can only judge the first hour or so, though.) First time I've laughed in a game since forever at the part where you can get a second dead worm.
>>
>>321683541
That's not the problem. I think the puzzles in those kinds of games are always frustrating in how they try to be cute and clever with the solutions. The game's logic is never consistent and defined enough to make the puzzles feel fair. Whenever I play through an adventure game, I do so with a walkthrough open in another window.
>>
>>321683908
Did they not do that? They definitely made it so people could contribute post-Kickstarter.
>>
>>321683751
>Also, the shit that went down with Spacebase DF-9, where it was released on early access and then promptly abandoned in an unfinished state.
The most incredible thing is that the logic they gave was that it wasn't getting enough sales to continue to pay for it's own development. For some fucking reason they weren't expecting a little injection of extra capital and free playtesters, they were expecting a steady stream of constant revenue in exchange for a pre-alpha prototype. And when their incredibly lofty goals weren't met, they pulled the plug and shrugged their shoulders, asking incredulously how anybody could be expected to do things differently. Tim has absolutely no fucking idea how development budgets work.
>>
>>321683597

They updated the character models, added some dynamic lighting, re-did the soundtrack with a full orchestra and added a point & click control scheme (original was RE-style tank controls). That's ain't too shabby but the old low-res backgrounds really stick out so you look at it and think "THEY DIDN'T REMASTER SHIT!"
>>
>>321684101

They had a slacker backer option for people who wanted in on the forums and documentary releases but that was there from day one after the campaign ended. The other kickstarters were for DF-9 and Massive Chalice, which were done by different teams at Double Fine while the main team worked on Broken Age.
>>
>>321679730
Shilling your game on /v/, Shitfer?

You know, shitlords won't buy this game out of spite, right? You'd have a better chance getting blow money from Patreon.
>>
>>321684679
Got you. I still think it's a bad look for a studio to be launching new kickstarters while they still have others to deliver on.

And I wasn't "parrotting memes". There WAS a case where a studio launched a second kickstarter to finish a project they initially funded with kickstarter. I guess I mixed that up with Broken Age since that game had such a rocky dev cycle and Double Fine had multiple kickstarter projects going at once.
>>
>>321683967
The absolute worst thing about that is how it's combined with the find and fetch gameplay. It's one thing to have a 'clever' puzzle if I have all the tools at hand, then I can try to think laterally and apply what I have to solve the problem. It's another thing when I'm spending an hour trying to figure out how to set the piece of paper on fire with my book of matches, when what the game /wanted/ me to do was use the pencil to draw a flame on the paper instead, the pencil that I didn't pick up because it's two fucking pixels and the same color as the background it's on.
>>
I haven't played the original. Is this identical in terms of gameplay, story, etc or should I play the original to get the intended experience?
>>
>>321686691
It's identical.
>>
>>321686691
It's a remaster, not a remake. Learn the difference.
>>
>>321684685
>asking for opinions is shilling now
>>
>>321679730
Fun, but a bit overrated. Like all Doublefine games Great OST
>>
>>321686806
Like how realMyst is totally just Myst remasterd right?
>>
>>321688223
That's a remake. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>321679730
Amazing adventure game and pretty good remaster.
Also best track in the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1riMeMvabu0
>>
>>321683967

yeah, ima get called a bad for saying this but I needed a walkthrough on the first fucking level. Shit was driving me nuts trying to figure out what to do to fuck with the tube machine. Spent like 2 hours gunking it up and trying to figure out wtf to do. fuck puzzle games.
>>
>>321679730
I bought the remastered edition during the thanksgiving sale. I loved what I got to see of the story and thought the puzzles were well done, but the game was a buggy mess that I ended up having to restart from the beginning twice after triggering two separate glitches that put the game into an unwinnable state. During my third attempt the game crashed on me and erased my save. I said fuck it and got a refund.

Shame, you'd think more care would've went into a remaster of such a lauded game.
>>
File: 00015.jpg (160 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
00015.jpg
160 KB, 1600x900
why is this game so pretentious?
>>
>>321692994
Don't use words you don't understand, kid. You come off looking retarded.
>>
Knew I was forgetting something from the steam sale

Got brutal legend and psychonauts too
>>
Domino did nothing wrong
>>
>>321693471
Psychonauts, Grim Fandango and the Secret of Monkey Island SE pack. I guess the latter two are similar?
>>
>>321692994
What exactly is "pretentious" about it? Do you think Casablanca is "pretentious" as well?
>>
Fun game, but some parts I only got by thanks to pure luck.

Like the "concrete spinning tree" in the forest which I still don't really know what I did right with, I guess the things on the side had to be in 1-2 sync or something, I just moved the wheelbarrel around while Glottis was spinning around. Also the part where you had to get the silk stockings from Meche. I literally just interacted with her ashtray after having already done it once and she just turned it back that time.
>>
>>321693705
meant to say that I got those myself
>>
File: Chepito's_Fountain.jpg (16 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Chepito's_Fountain.jpg
16 KB, 220x220
Who is the worst character and why is it this fuck?

I did like his last scene, though.
>>
>>321694718
THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE
>>
>>321694718
Because if you missed him you had to wait for like a minute and a half for him to come back. Also that fucking song.
>>
>>321679730
It's seriously my single favorite game. I got my copy signed by Schafer at Comic Con like five or six years ago.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.