[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what did /v/ think of Dying Light?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9
what did /v/ think of Dying Light?
>>
's cool
better with friends
wait till february since it's getting a big free update
>>
Really fun game. Good at suspense and plenty of spook moments. Story is kind of shit. Lots of fun with friends.
>>
haven't installed it yet
>>
>>321667531
I think the update is "free" if you have a season pass
>>
>>321668876
Correct. Completely "free" for the people that paid for it.
>>
>>321668876
No its actually free. The Devs for Dying Light just release free updates for no reason at all.
>>
>>321669018
>>321668876
No, it's free for everyone who owns the game.

With the update there will also be an expansion, which is for all the Season Pass owners.
>>
Its was actually a pretty good gamr
>>
Great game, people were very resentful of the game because of the developers past with Dead Island though, and you can tell they've tried very hard to redeem themselves because of it.
>>
Just beware, the first hour or so is EXTREMELY slow, it's basically the tutorial phase.
>>
I know its a first person game, but I would have like a little more character customization

I liked Dead Island though
>>
>>321667418

Really incredible interactive world.

If only online was much bigger and better.
SO much potential to become much bigger then it already is.
>>
I enjoyed it until I got the grappling hook. Even though it's super fun to swing around everywhere, it really breaks the whole game wide open. The map design doesn't exist, most combat moves and items are suddenly useless, and it's way better than every other skill you can unlock put together.
Also I found the story missions to be really terrible. It's very easy to be overleveled and enemies don't scale nearly as well as your weapons do. Plus human enemies are half-blind and it's too easy to just shoot them in the head one by one before they can even aggro.

But I liked doing a lot of the sidequests and collecting little trinkets for my room and upgrades for the tower. Earlier in the game it can be really fun trying to puzzle your way into certain buildings and you're usually rewarded with tons of treasure. Running around at night during a thunderstorm can actually be really spooky, especially when you're not quite sure where you're going and there's a whole field of zombies all around you.
The second area should've been really great because it's more urban and has more height variation, but it's really small and you probably have the grappling hook at that point.
>>
>>321670103
wait there's a second area?

I only made it a few hours in and then I quit playing
>>
>>321670103
the game became more fun with the grappling hook in my OPINION
>>
>>321667418
Really excellent, i m looking forward to the expansion also playing with any of you sad autistic fucks.
>>
>>321670283
It's supposed to be where the zombie outbreak originated. The story eventually brings you out that way so you can try not to get nuked.
But it's only a quarter of the size of the first map and even though the zombies are higher level versions with different outfits, you're so strong at that point it's a little disappointing.
>>
Not much in the way of post-game apart from challenges. After doing the story and maxing the skills I found myself just joining random online games and helping noobs out.
>>
Just started it recently, 26 hours so far and i'm near the end of the game. It's a pretty fantastic game. However, most quests didn't really keep me engaged, by now i've done over half side quests but i'm way less motivated to do them recently and just wish to beat the game for now. Tomorrow i'll probably beat it and i'm not sure if i'll do more side quests.

I haven't tried co-op yet but I can imagine it would be alot more fun especially with a friend. Usually with story based games I prefer to beat it by myself and then play co-op but I gotta admit the story isn't all that great and the characters even worse. Sometimes I liked Crane's dialogue and I found his voice acting to be pretty well done compared to others

I actually enjoyed Dead Island despite it's flaws, and Dying Light is definitely the best zombie game i've played to date.
>>
>>321672393
The best part about the story is the main character basically agreeing on how stupid it is.
>>
What's in this upcoming free update anyway
>>
>>321672393

Dying Light improves upon Dead Island in almost every way physically imaginable.

Also I mostly agree with you, and as far as the co-op goes it's nothing too special or amazing but it can definitely be fun with a friend.

I wish they gave guns a little more depth, they look and feel better then Dead Island by a lot but they're still really easy to use and find ammo for.
>>
File: ee.png (84 KB, 498x189) Image search: [Google]
ee.png
84 KB, 498x189
>>321672832
>>
>>321672832
I pray for map expansion. Whether in this update or future.
>>
>>321673621
That's in the expansion pack.
>>
>>321673574
so basically nothing
>>
Boring and identical to dead island but with more parkour
>>
>>321673938
>>
I wouldve preferred smashing the heads of regular Turks rather than zombie kebab
>>
>>321673991

>identical to dead island

Yeah nah.

>more parkour

Oh so you didn't play either game because Dead Island had pretty much no freedom of movement when compared to Dying Light.
>>
Its a nice game and infinitely better than Dead Island but I retroactively hate it now because they put Hellraid on hiatus to develop DLC for Dying Light.

I was going to pirate Hellraid and pretend its Hexen 3.
>>
>>321673574
All that looks great but what is #drinkfordlc
>>
>>321674207
They're identical
>pick up all this crap to make makeshift shit again
>MMO tier loot again
>59 different rusty pipes
It's another boring collect a thon game
>>
>>321674530
no idea
>>
>>321667418
It's a good game. gets kinda boring in the 2nd half though. never finished it.
>>
File: 1443871737489.jpg (11 KB, 194x227) Image search: [Google]
1443871737489.jpg
11 KB, 194x227
>>321674139
>>
I like it. I never played Dead Island so to me it was a mix of Dead Rising and Mirror's Edge.

I should go back and play it more. I got to the mission where you had to go out at night and sneak up on those spore zombies and I couldn't be bothered at the time.
>>
my autism caused bald zombies to ruin it for me, fun game with some friends though
>>
>>321674530
destiny told people to drink redbull to get dlc

dying light said 'post a pic of yourself drinking water and we'll give you a weapon'
>>
>>321672393
go back to your room in the hotel if you haven't already, there's a ton of little momentos from the sidequests
>>
>>321673574
>Enhanced Facial Expressions

god fucking YES
>>
>>321667418

It was enjoyable and I liked the characters.

Night did a good job as being fucking terrifying no matter what the level, and the game was very smooth.

Only issue is that outside the safe zones, there are no places you can briefly hide out and restock, its just rushing like a motherfucker out of an open bank vault
>>
It's like they took Dead Island and wanted to improve on it but then also ended up making it worse in other ways. Can't say I liked it, felt like soulless AAA crap.
>>
>>321670573
It does
I think being able to OHK all normal zombies was what killed my enjoyment.

However I think the grappling hook should have been post-game. Old Town was so much better without the grappling hook.
>>
>>321675134
What's the problem with bald zombies? Or is it a glitch?
>>
>Get a gun early game
>Can hold up the thugs like the bitches they are at the supply drops
>If you drop your aim or stop focusing them they will either try to rush you with melee or run away
>>
Open world game #54832151213
>>
>this guy comes up to you and slaps your gf's ass

What do?
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 400x600
>>321676443
Forgot pic.
>>
I enjoyed it. The graphics were pretty, the controls were fluent, and the platforming felt really good. The story was give or take, but the missions felt varied and interesting, and night time was legitimately terrifying. Even when loaded out with the best gear in the game, I still struggled through hoards sometimes, but it was always cool.

It's hard to quantify, basically it was all around a really cool game.
>>
>>321670076
>If only online was bigger and better
What were you desiring? open world competitive multiplayer?
>>
>>321676565
hook im in da gabber
with da hook
>>
>>321676281
>>Get a gun early game
>>Can hold up the thugs like the bitches they are at the supply drops
>>If you drop your aim or stop focusing them they will either try to rush you with melee or run away

I AM ALIVE did that years ago

lrn2indie
>>
>>321673574
>Nightmare Difficulty
How are they gonna make it harder?
>>
>>321667418
i had a lot of fun with it.
played through it a fuckload on xbone, friend bought it for me on PC so i'm replaying through it with him and probably sticking with it.
it's like mirrors edge minus the motion blur induced vomit/diarrhea mixture and with zombeez.
>>
What's the combat like? Is it just Dead Island combat, or have they improved it?
>>
>>321676973
one hit kill with perma-death
>>
>>321677054
like dead island, but better
slashing through a horde of zombies with a katana has never been so satisfying
>>
File: 1450032675722.jpg (16 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1450032675722.jpg
16 KB, 184x184
>>321677054
combat is okay but your weapons suck ass and they constantly need repairs, well at the point I'm at anyways. I'm only like level 7 agility and 6 combat though
>>
File: image.png (665 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
image.png
665 KB, 1024x512
It honestly disgusts me how they put in children to be killed. My aunt lost her kid a few years ago and it was incredibly traumatizing. Watching crap like this makes me sick to my stomach.
>>
>>321677348
Epic shitpost, dear phoneposter.
>>
>>321677348
Nice bait.
>>
File: yuuko2.jpg (14 KB, 620x347) Image search: [Google]
yuuko2.jpg
14 KB, 620x347
>>321676973
They said that every action costs stamina no matter the agility level, but that seems to be it, which is pretty naff
>>
>>321667418
Get it if you haven't OP. It's $20 on Steam, and the DLCs right now are 3.50 each
>>
>>321677054
Playing on Hard it felt like there was a constant confusion on whether you were supposed to fight at all or if you were supposed to run. Some enemies were sponges and not worth fighting unless you had some way to instakill. On the other hand you absolutely had to kill the runners chasing you.
>>
>>321677348
>tfw you could hear one crying but could never find it
>>
>>321677246
Yes, early game your weapons suck ass.
Soon you'll have too many weapons to even carry and the repairs become trivial as you level up.
>>
>>321667418
Great game by my opinion.

Had a lot of fun with my friends. The gameplay is really good and so the graphics are, not to mention the soundtrack which is sick.

If you're buying it on steam now it's the moment.
>>
It's one of my favorite games in the past few years.
The open world is justified by the parkour and interactivity with the map.
Also, the night is pretty scary and DOOM 3 levels of dark.
>>
Game looks amazing during the night. Too bad there isn't much reason to go out during the night since the tentacle fucker assholes are everywhere which is a shame. I was hoping they'd be a rare super dangerous and spooky night time enemy but instead they're just annoying bullies.
>>
>>321678691
Get a good weapon and kill them.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 619x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 619x281
>special zombie enemies

I'm so sick of this crap. Every zombie game has them nowadays.
>>
>>321676845

Like 32 player servers, its probably impossible though.
I thought it would of been cool if players could be rewarded for scavenging throughout the world and selling found items to other players for in game cash and do trades with players and stuff, more unique crafting and weapons would be fun like flamethrowers and nail guns, maybe some water guns that you can fill with conductive liquid and flammable liguid to spray the zombies with and then make your weapons get those elemental bonuses.

Or players can pay cash to use the pay phones in the world that other players can pick up and join you in a mission you've been assigned. I really think it would be cool if they made new mission updates every month.

Also this was a crazy idea for online play but the thought that player had 50 hours of game time to try and earn enough cash to pay for the cure to win online sounded kind of interesting, or make it so that players need to play and earn cash to buy antizin to prolong the inevitable of players changing. (Dying won't detract from the time score but instead you would lose the items you had on you) Failure to do so would mean your character dies and you reset from scratch or something.
>>
>>321679609
What do you want then?
>>
>>321667418
Loved it. The parkour mechanics are phenomenal, and fun as hell, combat is definitely alright, graphics are great, decent VA for the protag, those fucking intense night chases when you didn't get the grappling hook yet. One of my personal favourites this year.
>>
Story and characters are horrid. Missions are repetitive.
>>
>>321678691
They get piss easy to kill when you get good weapons. But I agree, they would be better as rarer but stronger & quicker.
>>
>>321679983
Story is horrible in the sense that it's so cliche bad it's almost entertaining.

Good thing you can skip all cutscenes and dialogue.
>>
>>321680110
Except for the GRE calls. Unless you throw a grenade right at your feet before the call starts.
>>
>>321680260
Oh right, those.
>>
>>321677054
Much faster with being able to dash in directions, more varied attack animations and i really like the left/right variation. Your melee hits have impact and force, which makes you feel powerful.
>>
>wear a turk flag as my shirt and camouflaged cargo pants
>behead black zombies
whats not to like
>>
Why do human players get wallhax regarding the hunter zombie?
>>
>>321679609
why the fuck are you using an image from small soldiers in this thread
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.