[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do greatswords suck so fucking much in DaS 2? Even though
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: DS2.jpg (73 KB, 784x484) Image search: [Google]
DS2.jpg
73 KB, 784x484
Why do greatswords suck so fucking much in DaS 2? Even though Im locked unto an enemy and camera is facing towards enemy many times I end swinging at empty air completely missing. What the fuck? Am I just being a pleb and doing something wrong? The same thing never happens when I use magic or straight swords but greatswords cant seem to land a damned hit. My stats are acceptable for its use so what the fuck? Yes Im playing SoTFS.
>>
some greatswords will swing in the direction you're tilting the left stick.
>>
one handed swings have a little further of a reach than 2 handed swings do if it makes a difference.

Just jump attack since it always hits then spam swing
>>
>>321663464
So whats the point of lock on?
>>
>>321663537
To keep the camera focused on the target
>>
>>321663637
I could do that manually. Lock on is useful so that your character doesnt swing in wild directions.
>>
I used the Great Sword and had an easy time through the entire game.
And was fairly successful playing PvP, too. I'd get two hits with its solid poise-breaking for a good amount of damage. And the slow attack speed was excellent to catch people while they were rolling like retards.
>>
>>321663782
It just requires a little more thinking than just mashing r1 you fucking scrub
>>
>>321664127
Then why cant I hit anything with The Greatsword?
>>
>>321663782
No, it's useful so you don't need to bother with the camera while fighting. Having the attack's direction controlled by the tilting of the stick gives you more options, especially if you're facing circlestrafing backstabbing cucks. Git gud.
>>
>>321664325
Just don't tilt the stick when you're attacking and all your strikes will go to the front.
>>
>>321664325
Probably because of this >>321663464

You need to adjust the analog stick properly for each hit
>>
>>321664706
>>321664726
Thanks. I just instinctively keep my finger on it so I can dodge or move when I need to.
>>
git gud
>>
Aside from DS2's bizarre lock-on system, greatswords do fuck-all poise damage in DS2. I wanted to use a greatsword, but I wasn't able to stagger a single fucking enemy with it. As soon as I started using a club, though, nothing could touch me. The greatswords function like any other sword, except they do more damage and take longer to swing. They have no weight or power to them.

How do you go from the DS1 zweihander, which fucking pulverized enemies directly into the ground, to the butterknife greatswords in DS2?
>>
>>321666641
wow......... such a skill ceiling.............................
w
>>
Not OP but

>Use a greatsword
>Barely put anything into my stamina
>Been dying like the king of plebs

I-Im an idiot arent I?
>>
>>321667250
That's what giant swords are actually like, anon

They're not heavy
>>
>>321666641
these games would be SO much fucking better without the atrocious lag
>>
Quick question for you guys,
How is the new DS2 scholar version different from the original? I played vanilla DS2 on the PC but now I have a ps4 and looking to replay it. I know it comes with all the dlcs but what else does it add? Does it remove anything from the original?
>>
>>321668514
It changes enemy locations and minor stuff like the dull ember is now at the bastille and all... look up patch notes you lazy fuck.
>>
>>321668198
Giant swords are heavier relative to regular ones dummy. Especially the giant ass ones in the souls games.
>>
So I heard there's a stat that makes hitboxes better in this game. Is it essential to put souls into that stat or can I ignore it? Seems like a waste.
>>
>>321670378
Essential. The stat is Agility, you get it from other Adaptability (lots) or Attunement (little).

It doesn't make the hitboxes better, it gives you a ton of iframes. DaS1 DWGR levels. So your roll actually works and you don't get constantly clipped by disjoint hitboxes.

Generally you want 20 ADP and that's enough for any build.
>>
Why even play this fucking garbage when you could just play Dark Souls 1?
>>
>>321666641
>rolling every time the enemy swings even if he's nowhere near you
I know why you're doing it but this absolutely broke DS2 PvP for me. It didn't fucking matter how many miles away from the enemy I was, when he swung, he'd be hitting me on his screen which registered as a hit.
>>
>>321670970
that's because the game is shit
>>
>>321663145
>playing DaS2 at all

Well, you deserve all the shit you get
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.