[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mountain blade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: MBWB.jpg (57 KB, 339x470) Image search: [Google]
MBWB.jpg
57 KB, 339x470
Bought Mountain Blade WB.

What am I in for?
What's the combat like? Sometimes I see combat areas similar to Total War games and webms of 3rd person controlling a single soldier.
>MB:WB thread I suppose
>>
Its the kind of game where you should read a guide before going in.
http://imgur.com/a/FMAqV
http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki
>>
BUTTER KING
BUTTER KING
BUTTER KING
>>
>>321647854
It's p fuckin fun you just build up some dudes and then you go fight wars with them and kings and jarls will make you you're bitch they'll ask you to do shit for them like collect debts from towns and the towns will get all pissed off and revolt and you'll tell the jarl and he'll be like well I still need my fuckin money nigga and you'll be in a lot of debt and be like fuck
>>
>>321648682
Every time I go back to native, I always join the rhodoks since they often wage war of swadia, and start raiding villages to find the ones with butter.
I get rich every time, thanks King Harlaus.
>>
>>321647854
One of my favorite games OP. Go vanilla for your first playthrough. The game doesnt have an obvious story and objectives so you can do whatever you want. Combat is pretty good too. There is some attacking and blocking techniques but dont expect something too complex.
>>
it's a game where things still happen whether you do anything or not. You can be whomever you want, a bandit king, a bounty hunter, a noble, the one true ruler, there is nothing you must do. I've had games where an entire faction is wiped out without my intervention. Nothing is really "scripted" in a way that impedes you. You cna play the same character twice and the world will progress differently

If you're starting off vanilla at least get Diplomacy.
>>
>>321647854
Before I say anything, I'll clarify I started playing a few weeks ago.

You play as an adventurer/mercenary of your creation. You travel around the massive map to find work, hunt brigands, and fight battles. Although in the field you get a bird's eye view of the world and your surroundings, in battle you control your character and fight your enemies personally. You command your units and use strategy to face them.

The combat takes some getting used to. There's somethings you won't understand at first, such as Crouched Lances or how shields block when not raised. After you get used to how to swing things, it becomes spectacular. I would recommend buying a two handed hammer, they are devastating, especially from horseback. Oh, and while it's still remotely relevant, you switch weapon modes with X, and a Crouched Lance is the secondary mode of any weapon that has "Lance" in the name where you trade off turning ability and some range for an exponential amount of power. There's more mechanics I could discuss, but you should be able to get the hang of it yourself.

Alongside generic units are Companions; named units with high utility skills, such as doctors, merchants, or engineers. Unlike generic units, Companions can be leveled up and equipped similarly to how you equip yourself. They may not like each other, and if you don't pay attention to how they're feeling, they will leave you.
>>
>>321650438
Here's a list of tips for you:
>Start out fighting Looters. Avoid any hostile brigands with a name other than Looters until you outnumber them, and from a small battle you should be able to judge how you would fare with a larger battle.
>Nearby hostile warbands vacuum together if you get into a fight with one of them. However, nearby friendly warbands vacuum to you as well. Be careful, because although there's 3 separate warbands of 16 Sea Raiders each that you feel confident facing with 35 people, it can stack to 47 almost without warning.
>Leadership and Tactics are two important skills you as the player need to level besides combat, which you can do as you see fit. The rest can be judged by you or better acquired by having a companion.
>Different places have different units, which they excel at. Swadians have very tanky horse riding knights, Rhodoks have great crossbowmen, and Khergits have horse archers.
>>
File: WyiptWn.jpg (224 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
WyiptWn.jpg
224 KB, 1366x768
>>321647854
You go on a whacky adventure with your band of mercenaries in search of the cheapest butter in all Calradia and sell it at the highest price possible
>>
I've always wanted to conquer the entire kingdom, but i've always been too autistic to make my own build without any doubt about it or going into autistic behavior like thinking about stacking essays of logic by exporting the character, so what is a good build for total conquering? attributes, skills, weapons, starting faction?
>>
File: 2015-12-19_00003.jpg (175 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-19_00003.jpg
175 KB, 1366x768
Also, get a blunt weapon, capture prisoners, and sell them to the broker in town.

You will not regret it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.