[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yakuza 5 general More importantly though, why was Takasugi so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: Yakuza-5_2012_08-13-04.jpg (129 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza-5_2012_08-13-04.jpg
129 KB, 600x338
Yakuza 5 general

More importantly though, why was Takasugi so based?

Literally the best character introduced this game and I hope we see more of him.
>>
>>321641228
Because he's actually Show Aikawa
>>
I almost got RGG5 100% complete and now I bought Y5 and feel kinda burned out but still want to play comfy hunting side stories. And I also want to beat 0 on Legend difficulty. All these feels are tearing me apart
>>
So, Akiyama doesn't have Another Drama, but what about the baseball guy?
>>
>>321641228
>and I hope we see more of him.
I hope they don't just ditch the supporting cast in this game in general like they've been doing with the past few games. Watase is awesome.
>>
>>321642661
He has a baseball side story. >>321642860
I really hope we see shinada again but that seems bit unlikely I guess.
>>
Yakuza 5 characters we're all likable, but I hope there'll be less playable characters with more focus on styles instead in 6.
>>
>>321643217
Even with my less than stellar japanese skills I already noticed this while playing through RGG5. Best supporting cast in the series.
>>
Finally finished the game with like 86 hours on my save and 60% completion. Gonna do the Ultimate Battles when I'm not as burned out

Aizawa was a good fight but I don't understand how his personality changed so fast

Really hope that Watase, Baba, Saejima's cellmates, Katsuya, and Aizawa come back in 6
>>
As someone who has played and enjoyed the series up to 4 is Dead Souls worth playing or should I skip it? Its dirt cheap but I also heard the game itself is really short.
>>
>>321644585
It's short if you just do the main stuff. IMO if you can get it cheap and you're a fan go for it. Gameplay can get repetitive but all that fanservice and interactions between characters were great. Story was actually good also.
>>
>>321644827
Its $10. Yakuza fan service sounds awesome. Thanks anon!
>>
>>321643217
yeah I was getting burnt out on building up my character and shit again by the time I got to Shinada, as likeable as he was. The Yakuza Zero route is the way to go imo.
>>
>>321643027
Shinada is way more likely to come back than Tanimura though. Toshiyuki Morikawa is a lot cheaper than the guy who got his likeness and voice used for Tanimura
>>
>>321641228

Takasugi was a fucking bro

the whole "I'll find you a job so you can pay me back" thing he did with all his clients was based
>>
File: sad kongming.jpg (35 KB, 712x390) Image search: [Google]
sad kongming.jpg
35 KB, 712x390
>>321641228
>Everyone misses you, bud
>>
>>321644585
Dead Souls wasn't panned for the gameplay or the story, those are actually great, especially character interactions.
It was panned for the sub 20 framerate when shit gets real.
Basically it's a good game but framerate in places will make you angry.
>>
So, why didn't Saejima get another chapter in the city? Really liked his chapter, but come on.
>>
Will I miss much If I skip 3 and go straight to 4?
>>
>>321647632
You really shouldn't skip 3, it's a very solid game.
The only bad thing about it is that it has a tad too much focus on the orphanage in the first half of the game.
>>
>>321647632
Don't skip it if you already started playing. 3 is a good starting point to the series in my opinion, but you can also start with 4 if you watch the recaps. 3 has the worst story anyway, but it's comfy.
>>
Reminder that 0 is coming to the west

I still can't believe it
>>
>>321647684
The orphanage part is the best thing about Yakuza 3, though. In the end I kinda cared about the kids and Okinawa is great.
>>
>>321647774
Who cares, we need the mainline games. Can't fucking wait for Yakuza 6 or for Yakuza 5's equivalent on PS4.
>>
>>321647716
I've already played through 1 and 2, I just can't find a copy of 3 nearby.
>>
>>321647897
0 is a mainline game you fucking idiot. It's a prequel story.
>>
>>321647791
I disagree about orphanage being best, but Okinawa was fucking amazing and it only appears in 3 so more reason to play it.

>>321647774
I can't wait to play as Majima holy shit it looks so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZD2eufsDII
>>
>>321645747
True, but from a plot perspective there's less reason for Shinada to come back than Tanimura and even Tanimura's chances are pretty much 0 apart from a short cameo or tertiary role.
>>
>>321647935
Oh, okay. Well, 3 is a good game, even though it's the weakest main entry in the series. But if you really can't find it you'll be fine if you watch the recap in Yakuza 4.
>>
>>321647774
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkP9fOjQn0I

This OST is amazing
>>
>>321647935
Order it online, seriously you will miss out on the comfiest city in the series that is Okinawa
>>
File: 1431830492432.jpg (32 KB, 410x396) Image search: [Google]
1431830492432.jpg
32 KB, 410x396
>>321647897
>Who cares, we need the mainline games

>0 isn't a mainline game
>>
>>321643217
I feel like I'd lose interest in the series if they did this. I've really grown to like Saejima and Akiyama. Meanwhile Kiryu has become a drag since 3.
>>
>>321647462
Saejima's chapter was rushed as fuck.

>2 chapters for prison break when it was short enough to be 1
>a whole chapter for the village which is like less than an hour if you don't do the side missions
>1 chapter for all the town and plot stuff crammed at the end
>>
>>321650663
I enjoyed it but man that pacing was bad. Still, plenty of great moments like Saejima destroying Kugihara's arm
>>
How do you go about battling noa amon as Haruka?
>>
>>321641228
Does anyone know if you need a dualshock 2 to play the first two Yakuza on the PS2? Recently i found out not all games work with the PS1 dualshock but that's all i have
>>
Is there a good way to make money with Akiyama?
>>
How the fuck do I git gud as Shinada? He's pretty much the worst fighter in the game.
>>
>>321655328
The move where you can grab guys after a strong attack is pretty good.
>>
>raise Kiryu to be number one in the underground tournament
>the coliseum posters now show his portrait
Neat stuff.

>the final opponent from Victory Road suddenly becomes number one after I finished the quest
Fuck.
>>
>>321653123
Complete all of her substories (not sure if you need to do everyone else's) and go to Dyna chair in Sotenbori. A guy in glasses will tell you to go to the southwest car park.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 226x219) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 226x219
>playing as saejima
>>
>>321659904
>playing as Saejima
>>
So, now that many have completed the game or have atleast played as every character, who's your favorite character to play as and what's your favorite town?
>>
>>321648201
Y0 ost is almost complete garbage thanks to dubstep and stuff. It has some great tracks but seriously, the ball was dropped hard.

>>321648203
Stop this comfy meme.
>>
>>321651701
Careful or the anal blasted anons will report you for spoilers.
>>
>>321660328
Akiyama is so much fun to play
>>
Has anybody beaten Puzzle Pool's last table? Getting kind of frustrated now.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.